Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nintendo E3 Press Conference #E32018 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253992)

Evil Avatar 06-12-2018 09:54 AM

Nintendo E3 Press Conference #E32018
 

Evil Avatar 06-12-2018 10:45 AM

Was it everything you wanted? I didn’t see a lot of games here. I think the Smash Bros fans will be super happy, but I was looking for new games my daughter might like to play, stuff like Zelda or Animal Crossing and there wasn’t much there. The Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looked good, I’ll have to get her that one to see if she likes it.

ashikenshin 06-12-2018 10:45 AM

so boring. I don't feel bad about not owning a switch yet.

EL CABONG 06-12-2018 10:50 AM

Anime Armored Core, Xeno,octo, pokemon /pokemon go crossover. New the world ends with you. Firm Eblem. Captain toad.
Damm I think I have to keep an eye out for a deal on a switch.

Omg they spent waaaay to much time on smash. Granted I am not a fan but dam that was boring.

They got me to download pokemon go if nothing else.

New F zero is what I really wanted but they showed more things I liked then I thought they would.

Capt_Thad 06-12-2018 10:54 AM

New Smash Bros looks insane... I pretty much don't even care about any of the other games I've seen this past weekend anymore. So many redesigns and improvements, and they managed to pack-in every playable character in the franchise. Even managed to get Ridley in there.

Hyped for Overcooked 2, loved the hell out of Overcooked in 4-player. Super Mario Party being an actual board game again and not that car garbage is pretty exciting--did not expect to see that at all. Fire Emblem Three Heroes looking solid too.

I like that they didn't waste too much time with stuff they've already shown prior to E3 too. Kept it nice and clean, just a little reminder hype reel. Shame we didn't see Metroid or next-gen Pokemon, but I'm pretty happy with what we got.

t3kl3r 06-12-2018 10:57 AM

I was definitely hoping for something about the next Metroid Prime. I was also wondering about F-Zero, Wave Race, A.N.N.E., Zelda and Mario DLC, and what new original games might be coming from Nintendo.

I donít care about Smash Bros. at all, so this was pretty disappointing for me personally.

Oh, and there are still a handful of older games I want to see: Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wind Waker HD, something to replace the virtual console, and man... I keep thinking a Super Mario All-Stars 2 (Mario 64 remake, Sunshine and Galaxies HD), would be amazing, but donít expect it to ever happen.

Hellstorm 06-12-2018 10:58 AM

That was too easy of a E3 win for Nintendo. That mecha game looks hype!!

PatrickRes9 06-12-2018 11:27 AM

7/10 for me.

What we already knew about looks great. Smash Ultimate, Fire Emblem (looks incredible), Pokemon, Octopath Traveler - all great.

Not enough surprises for me to give it higher praise. Wave Race, Animal Crossing, Eternal Darkness - some kind of left turn that really surprises/hypes for the coming year.

The updates on what we knew was already coming though, were great.

SpectralThundr 06-12-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellstorm (Post 2514738)
That was too easy of a E3 win for Nintendo. That mecha game looks hype!!

psst your bias is showing again. E3 so far has been shit, only Ubisoft had anything remotely interesting.

Chimpbot 06-12-2018 12:32 PM

Daemon Machina looks like Armored Core on speed, Smash Bros is looking great (as usual)...and fuck it, why not have another Mario Party?

I'm pleased enough with their E3 offerings, overall. While I think they spent way too much time on Smash, I'm excited to see every single character from the series is making a return. Some of my favorites over the years fell by the wayside, so I'm psyched to see everyone back.

Also, Ridley is finally in the series as a playable character.

JazGalaxy 06-12-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2514744)
psst your bias is showing again. E3 so far has been shit, only Ubisoft had anything remotely interesting.

It's weird to have an E3 where it seems like pretty much everyone goes home unhappy.

I wonder what this is saying about the overall state of videogames? Is EVERYone just a "one franchise" gamer now?

ashikenshin 06-12-2018 04:54 PM

While I'm not unhappy since I saw a ton of games I want to play, I see your point. I went online to see what people were saying and a lot of negativity towards games I thought looked cool.

It feels weird not being the negative one.

Hellstorm 06-12-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2514748)
Daemon Machina looks like Armored Core on speed

That is because it is from the original creators of Armored Core with mech design by the robot designer of Macross!

At first I thought it was from Platinum Games.

JazGalaxy 06-12-2018 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2514748)
Daemon Machina looks like Armored Core on speed, Smash Bros is looking great (as usual)...and fuck it, why not have another Mario Party?

I'm pleased enough with their E3 offerings, overall. While I think they spent way too much time on Smash, I'm excited to see every single character from the series is making a return. Some of my favorites over the years fell by the wayside, so I'm psyched to see everyone back.

Also, Ridley is finally in the series as a playable character.

I actually really liked the Smash deep dive because I'll never play the game. That's probably all I will ever experience of the game so it was. Eat to see all the updates and differences laid out like that. I love Nintendo and it's characters, but Smash isn't for me.

Chimpbot 06-13-2018 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2514793)
I actually really liked the Smash deep dive because I'll never play the game. That's probably all I will ever experience of the game so it was. Eat to see all the updates and differences laid out like that. I love Nintendo and it's characters, but Smash isn't for me.

I can totally understand that.

I guess my annoyance stems from the fact that I feel like something like an E3 presentation should be a little more utilitarian; the deep dives should be saved for a later time. While I watched most of it, I skipped over the stage section entirely and was disappointed with the "changes to characters" segment because many of them weren't really worth highlighting (I can't really say that I care enough about Olimar's helmet cracking to see it get highlighted during a high-profile presentation like this).

It had tons of good stuff, but a lot of it could have waited for later. The key points are they're including every single character and Ridley is finally playable. Sakurai stressed the notion that he hopes people don't set their expectations to high in terms of new characters because of the effort being made to include everyone from the previous games...but, I have a sneaky feeling we'll see a few more surprise inclusions on the roster.

I'm holding out hope that Microsoft manages to get Master Chief into the mix.

Scherge 06-13-2018 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2514801)
I'm holding out hope that Microsoft manages to get Master Chief into the mix.

Why not? It's a natural fit. :p


Evil Avatar 06-13-2018 09:48 AM

Do adults really play Smash? I can tell you after watching that presentation all I wanted to do was go play Injustice 2. Heh. I like those Nintendo characters, I’ve got a soft spot for them like most people who grew up in the 80’s, but I don’t really care to play games with those characters as an adult.

PatrickRes9 06-13-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514813)
Do adults really play Smash? I can tell you after watching that presentation all I wanted to do was go play Injustice 2. Heh. I like those Nintendo characters, I’ve got a soft spot for them like most people who grew up in the 80’s, but I don’t really care to play games with those characters as an adult.

Personally I'd ask the same thing about those who play Injustice. Different strokes I guess, but I have zero interest in anything comic book hero related, (movies or games).

But I'll play smash bros any day. Not sure why you and I fall on opposite ends of perspective on that.

I just think they're outstanding games from a gameplay, replayability, multiplayer, fun factor, and hooks and unlockables perspective. There is a nostalgia element, and clearly the art and materials are family friendly. But I don't really care much about that.

Chimpbot 06-13-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514813)
Do adults really play Smash? I can tell you after watching that presentation all I wanted to do was go play Injustice 2. Heh. I like those Nintendo characters, Iíve got a soft spot for them like most people who grew up in the 80ís, but I donít really care to play games with those characters as an adult.

If the local fighting game leagues in my area are any indication, they sure do. One of 'em meets up at a pub every Wednesday and takes over the upstairs floor; Smash has been a prominent part of the lineup since it started and Ultimate isn't going to change that.

I plan on buying a copy on December 7th, that's for sure. They're fun fighting games.

JazGalaxy 06-13-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514813)
Do adults really play Smash? I can tell you after watching that presentation all I wanted to do was go play Injustice 2. Heh. I like those Nintendo characters, Iíve got a soft spot for them like most people who grew up in the 80ís, but I donít really care to play games with those characters as an adult.

I think it's weird that you think a fighting game with a talking gorilla with mind control powers is more mature than a fighting game with a gorilla wearing tie just because of the way it's drawn.

JazGalaxy 06-13-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2514828)
If the local fighting game leagues in my area are any indication, they sure do. One of 'em meets up at a pub every Wednesday and takes over the upstairs floor; Smash has been a prominent part of the lineup since it started and Ultimate isn't going to change that.

I plan on buying a copy on December 7th, that's for sure. They're fun fighting games.

I just can't hang.

I feel like I am reasonable "good at videogames". I beat Shovel Knight my first time through using a mac keyboard. I beat demon souls. But for whatever reason I don't have the reflexes or tracking ability to play Smash. I constantly lose my character. I was "good" at the original on the N64. But ever since the gamecube one, it was too much for me.

Chief Smash 06-13-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2514833)
I just can't hang.

I feel like I am reasonable "good at videogames". I beat Shovel Knight my first time through using a mac keyboard. I beat demon souls. But for whatever reason I don't have the reflexes or tracking ability to play Smash. I constantly lose my character. I was "good" at the original on the N64. But ever since the gamecube one, it was too much for me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel the same but I think it might be a matter of "getting it" combined with dedication or a lack thereof. In the old days, I felt like I sort of mastered SF2 and MK. Both games clicked with me and I put in hundreds (maybe thousands) of hours on each. I just felt like I knew what people were going to do before they did it when I played those games. Of course this was probably because I was playing these games on my SNES instead of going out with girls at the time. :P But in Smash I never progressed beyond mashing buttons and using the occasional special move at the right time. There are plenty of people out there who know all of the nuances of the Smash series and the game is basically a science to them. I just wonder if people like you and me just don't have the time or inclination to learn this game to that extent. I will concede that it's a very well made game but it's just not for me.

Chimpbot 06-13-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2514829)
I think it's weird that you think a fighting game with a talking gorilla with mind control powers is more mature than a fighting game with a gorilla wearing tie just because of the way it's drawn.

It's because DC Comics is so much more Mature, Adult and Serious than something like Smash. Nevermind the fact that it features the Ninja Turtles as guest stars alongside a guy who dresses like a bat, a guy who dresses up like a scarecrow, a talking gorilla, and a generically angry dude named Atrocitus.

The Injustice cast does significantly more brooding and sneering, so it's clearly the only choice for discerning, mature gamers.

Evil Avatar 06-13-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2514843)
It's because DC Comics is so much more Mature, Adult and Serious than something like Smash. Nevermind the fact that it features the Ninja Turtles as guest stars alongside a guy who dresses like a bat, a guy who dresses up like a scarecrow, a talking gorilla, and a generically angry dude named Atrocitus.

The Injustice cast does significantly more brooding and sneering, so it's clearly the only choice for discerning, mature gamers.

I donít have the DLC, so my copy of Injustice 2 is Turtle-Free.

And Smash has a talking gorilla too. :p

Chimpbot 06-13-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514844)
I don’t have the DLC, so my copy of Injustice 2 is Turtle-Free.

It still doesn't change the fact that they're part of the roster, alongside the rest of the ridiculousness.

Quote:

And Smash has a talking gorilla too. :p
That's kind of the point. They're equally ridiculous, so acting like one is somehow more "mature" is kinda stupid.

Hellstorm 06-15-2018 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514844)
I

And Smash has a talking gorilla too. :p


Are we forgetting the Gorilla Grodd?

Evil Avatar 06-15-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellstorm (Post 2514923)
Are we forgetting the Gorilla Grodd?

Yes, we were both talking about Gorilla Grodd and Donkey Kong.

I donít have the Turtles unlocked, the expansion packs for Injustice 2 seem a little expensive for a game Iím only going to play once in a while. Itís even worse that I have the ďUltimateĒ edition and it doesnít come with any of the DLC characters.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:49 PM.