Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Game & Movie Releases for the week of June 16th to June 22nd (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261140)

Evil Avatar 06-17-2019 12:42 PM

Game & Movie Releases for the week of June 16th to June 22nd

Game & Movie Releases for the week of June 16th to June 22nd, 2019.

Retail Games
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (PS4, Xbox, Switch)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4, Xbox, Switch)
Dragon Star Varnir (PS4)

Movies & TV
Us
Modest Heroes: Ponoc Short Films Theatre
Hotel Mumbai
Crypto
Wonder Park
Under the Silver Lake
Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars - Season 5 - Part 1
The Beach Bum
One Piece: Adventure of Nebulandia
The Twelve Kingdoms: The Complete Series
Patrick Melrose
Run the Race
Corvette Summer
La Vie de Jesus Criterion Collection
Buddy Complex: The Complete Series
Basquash!: Complete Collection
Noein: The Complete Series
Daimidaler: Prince V.S. Penguin Empire: The Complete Series
Love Tyrant: The Complete Series
Nagasarete Airanto: The Complete TV Series

Box Office
Toy Story 4
Child's Play
Anna

PacerDawn 06-17-2019 02:40 PM

I saw "Us" since there were a lot of good reviews. It made no sense at all.

Evil Avatar 06-17-2019 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2539663)
I saw "Us" since there were a lot of good reviews. It made no sense at all.

I thought it was a good movie, but you can't take it too seriously because it doesn't make any sense. The second you start to take any kind of look at the "tethered" all the logic totally falls apart.

That is what is stupid about him discussing doing a sequel. As a one-off Twilight Zone style movie it doesn't have to make a ton of sense. If you start talking about sequels then you would need to put some kind of logic in there and it just wouldn't work.

They should have just gone with the "parallel universe" and called it a day.

SpectralThundr 06-17-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2539667)
I thought it was a good movie, but you can't take it too seriously because it doesn't make any sense. The second you start to take any kind of look at the "tethered" all the logic totally falls apart.

That is what is stupid about him discussing doing a sequel. As a one-off Twilight Zone style movie it doesn't have to make a ton of sense. If you start talking about sequels then you would need to put some kind of logic in there and it just wouldn't work.

They should have just gone with the "parallel universe" and called it a day.

Peele is a terrible writer and a racist. His TZ reboot is a piece of social justice garbage to boot. It wasn't a good movie if it makes no sense, that's a contradiction if I've ever heard one. The only reason anyone gives Jordan Peele the time of day is because it's super trendy to put blacks on a pedestal because MUH Slavery ended 150 years ago.

Chimpbot 06-18-2019 05:04 AM

I'm really interested in Bloodstained. Koji Igarashi (one of the main guys responsible for Symphony of the Night and most of the Castlevania games up through 2011) worked on it, so it should probably be pretty good.

Since Konami apparently doesn't want to release any Castlevania games (decent or otherwise), I'll take the spiritual successor created by one of the guys who made the latter part of the series so special.

Evil Avatar 06-18-2019 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2539677)
Peele is a terrible writer and a racist. His TZ reboot is a piece of social justice garbage to boot. It wasn't a good movie if it makes no sense, that's a contradiction if I've ever heard one. The only reason anyone gives Jordan Peele the time of day is because it's super trendy to put blacks on a pedestal because MUH Slavery ended 150 years ago.

It's still a great movie no matter what. Well acted and bizarre with a lot of dark humor. I agree that you can't take much of a look at the storyline, it doesn't make any sense.

Get Out had the same problem, they showed them literally taking the brain from one person and putting it into the other person, then somehow the other person was still in there? WTF? And why hypnotize the victim if you are going to just yank out their brain and throw it away? Made no sense at all, but again it was super well acted and fun to watch.

I think he is one to watch. If he gets past his social justice leanings, I think he could go on to make great films. Remember there was a time when we thought M. Knight's career was just over and look at where he is now.

Booda 06-18-2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2539697)
If he gets past his social justice leanings, I think he could go on to make great films.

If he gets past his social justice leanings, he won't have a job in films at all.