Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cyberpunk 2077 Is Not Going To Shy Away From Politics (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254951)

BeardedSonOfNel 07-30-2018 02:11 PM

Cyberpunk 2077 Is Not Going To Shy Away From Politics

Via Gamesradar+
Quote:

Cyberpunk 2077 draws from a genre rich in parallels, allegories, and straight-up warnings for modern life, and developer CD Projekt Red has no plans to strip those away - even if it would be easier just to make a game about cool cyborgs wearing trench coats. In an interview with Official Xbox Magazine Australia (via PC Gamer), CDPR quest designer Patrick Mills talked about how Cyberpunk 2077 will address the deeply political themes of its source material.

"Cyberpunk 2077 is a game about people with power at the top and people at the bottom with none," Mills said. "That power can come from money, hierarchies, technology, and violence. The original Cyberpunk 2020 setting, like the setting of The Witcher stories, was a complex critique of the author's world, and we don't shy away from that in our games. On the contrary, I think it's one of the things that sets us apart [...] Cyberpunk is an inherently political genre and it's an inherently political franchise."

blackzc 07-30-2018 02:21 PM

Translation.

SJW's, prepare your jimmies for common sense.

karaliusbronius 07-30-2018 02:37 PM

I'm jealous of everyone that got to see the behind the scenes gameplay from E3. I REALLY WANT THIS GAME. This game will probably make me build a new gaming PC and the one I have is already pretty darn good.

Anyone heard anything about possible VR? Maybe in the night clubs at least?

vallor 07-30-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karaliusbronius (Post 2518170)
I'm jealous of everyone that got to see the behind the scenes gameplay from E3. I REALLY WANT THIS GAME. This game will probably make me build a new gaming PC and the one I have is already pretty darn good.

Anyone heard anything about possible VR? Maybe in the night clubs at least?

Except for the bullshit trademark abuse they used to secure their ability to sue the pants off any one who would dare use the word cyberpunk in the context of a video game, I would be right beside you.

CDPR is dead to me now.

brandonjclark 07-30-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2518166)
Translation.

I hope it's not the other way around.

Mad Max RW 07-30-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2518172)
Except for the bullshit trademark abuse they used to secure their ability to sue the pants off any one who would dare use the word cyberpunk in the context of a video game, I would be right beside you.

CDPR is dead to me now.

You keep repeating this mantra as if it will somehow become less wrong.

LostToys 07-30-2018 04:36 PM

Fuck politics. Just give me lots and lots of sex. Done and Done.

vallor 07-30-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2518179)
You keep repeating this mantra as if it will somehow become less wrong.

You mean they can't sue anyone that uses the word Cyberpunk in the context of video games? You're wrong.

Just like Bethesda sues anyone and everyone who breathes the word "scrolls" wrong when it comes to video games. They don't have to win, they just have to make it too expensive to fight. This is exactly what will happen with Cyberpunk. If they didn't expect to have to exercise the TM why bother to try to get it?

blackzc 07-30-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karaliusbronius (Post 2518170)
This game will probably make me build a new gaming PC and the one I have is already pretty darn good.

You don't need a new PC for this, stop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2518172)

CDPR is dead to me now.

This isn't like them, they are one of the few western dev that are still good and keep out of the crap. Cut the shit!

I'll be watching. Don't make me pay $3 for your game.

Mad Max RW 07-30-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2518189)
You mean they can't sue anyone that uses the word Cyberpunk in the context of video games? You're wrong.

Just like Bethesda sues anyone and everyone who breathes the word "scrolls" wrong when it comes to video games. They don't have to win, they just have to make it too expensive to fight. This is exactly what will happen with Cyberpunk. If they didn't expect to have to exercise the TM why bother to try to get it?

You are living in an alternate universe.

vallor 07-30-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2518197)
You are living in an alternate universe.

Feel free to expound on how they can’t use their foolishly granted trademark to bully any developer they feel like who dares uses the word Cyberpunk anywhere near the title of any game they develop.

Buying the rights to an old game and then ramming a TM request through a retarded, lazy, bloated government system for a commonly used word is pretty slimy.

Congrats CDPR you are blazing the trail for the slimy megacorps you are hoping to portray! Next E3 you and Bethesda should totally hook up.

SpectralThundr 07-31-2018 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2518166)
Translation.

We can only hope. Not sure what the leanings are over at CDPR.

blackzc 07-31-2018 03:02 AM

^Witcher 3 was about as pure a video game as i could ask for. I think they are good guys.

I still need to pick up Kingdom Come, lead dev on that game told the r tards bitching about there being no blacks in the game to basically go fuck off. You want a black game? Go make one. And why are you depending on whites to make them for you was basically what he said.

I will be so glad when this becomes just the way things are.

SpectralThundr 07-31-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2518225)
^Witcher 3 was about as pure a video game as i could ask for. I think they are good guys.

I still need to pick up Kingdom Come, lead dev on that game told the r tards bitching about there being no blacks in the game to basically go fuck off. You want a black game? Go make one. And why are you depending on whites to make them for you was basically what he said.

I will be so glad when this becomes just the way things are.

My only complaint about CDPR games has always been the combat, I too enjoyed Witcher 3 but even there the combat left alot to be desired.

brandonjclark 08-01-2018 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2518251)
My only complaint about CDPR games has always been the combat, I too enjoyed Witcher 3 but even there the combat left alot to be desired.

There are a few mods you can apply to make the combat a little better, but you're not going to get For Honor type quality that's for sure.

W3 is an amazing game. The mood is just perfect.

SpectralThundr 08-02-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2518303)
There are a few mods you can apply to make the combat a little better, but you're not going to get For Honor type quality that's for sure.

W3 is an amazing game. The mood is just perfect.

Oh for sure the game itself is amazeballs, I'm assuming since they've been working on this forever now, alongside the guy who created the tabletop version, it should be pretty solid. I hope FPS is easier for CDP to pull off tho. Fingers are crossed.