Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Spies Like Us take over the Weekend Boxoffice (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255096)

Evil Avatar 08-06-2018 06:52 AM

Spies Like Us take over the Weekend Boxoffice

Mission: Impossible - Fallout fired on all cylinders at the box office again this weekend, beating out other Spies and even a talking bear.

Here is the Weekend Boxoffice Chart for the weekend of August 3rd to August 5th, 2018.
  1. Mission: Impossible - Fallout $35.0/$124.4
  2. Disney's Christopher Robin $25.0/$25.0
  3. The Spy Who Dumped Me $12.3/$12.3
  4. Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again $9.0/$91.3
  5. The Equalizer 2 $8.8/$79.8
  6. Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation $8.2/$136.4
  7. Ant-Man and the Wasp $6.1/$195.4
  8. The Darkest Minds $5.8/$5.8
  9. Incredibles 2 $5.0/$583.1
  10. Teen Titans Go! To The Movies $4.8/$20.7
  11. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom $4.0/$405.6
  12. Eighth Grade $2.8/$6.5

Terran 08-06-2018 07:06 AM

Fallout is a solid action film. One of the best I've seen in years. Really well done.

The Spy Who Dumped Me had a few laughs. My wife and I enjoyed it but it's forgettable, except for the rear view nutsack, lol. That'll be hard to forget.

Evil Avatar 08-06-2018 07:49 AM

We saw it this weekend, I really enjoyed the movie, but I felt like Tom Cruise was really past his prime. The interesting people in the movie were everyone except Tom Cruise and the best actor across the board in the movie was Henry Cavill.

He is like a foot taller than Cruise and about a food wider across the shoulders. He looks like the Wookie who can tear your arms out next to Cruise.

Honestly, they should have just had him play the main character and it would have been 10x better of a movie.

Still a great flick. Tons of running and shooting and little twists and turns, but WTF happened to the helicopter scene from the trailer where Cruise almost slams into a truck? Totally cut out from the final film. Too bad, I was looking forward to that bit.

NACIONAL 08-06-2018 08:21 AM

I didn't went to the theater this weekend... but I saw an older movie in Netflix... I saw Warcraft. I have to say that for a video game film adaptation, it was enjoyable. It had some flaws but overall i liked it.

karaliusbronius 08-06-2018 08:37 AM

I gotta see Fallout, lining up a baby sitter!

Terran 08-06-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2518602)
WTF happened to the helicopter scene from the trailer where Cruise almost slams into a truck? Totally cut out from the final film.

I've been noticing that a lot lately. The Spy Who Dumped Me dropped the portion of the scene where the two girls hug each other on bikes while cop cars roll pass and miss them.

Kinda weirding me out to see parts of movies in trailers left out of the actual film...:confused:

LostToys 08-06-2018 02:45 PM

Film trailers are now cut substantially earlier then the final edit of the film. So it is not that surprising that a trailer contains scenes which are ultimately cut from the film due to timing, reshoots, or other reasons.

MadMurdock_0311 08-06-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2518598)
The Spy Who Dumped Me had a few laughs. My wife and I enjoyed it but it's forgettable, except for the rear view nutsack, lol. That'll be hard to forget.

Yea, it got a few laughs out of me. The woman really enjoyed it, so that's good.

blackzc 08-07-2018 03:03 AM

Spies Like Us is a movie i still watch today.

LostToys 08-08-2018 02:22 PM

Watched Mission Impossible: Fallout this morning. Overall, I really liked it. The most Mission Impossible since the first movie with the twists and turns and not as much reliance on future tech (ie. the face masks and voice modulation) that the other films, particularly 3, became obsessed with.

I felt the helicopter sequence at the end was a little too long and did not make that much sense when you consider Ethan's end-game, but I will not hold it against the film as I was super entertained regardless.