Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The New Dark Phoenix Trailer is Here to Eviscerate Worlds (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259053)

Evil Avatar 02-28-2019 07:02 AM

The New Dark Phoenix Trailer is Here to Eviscerate Worlds

Quote:

In DARK PHOENIX, the X-MEN face their most formidable and powerful foe: one of their own, Jean Grey. During a rescue mission in space, Jean is nearly killed when she is hit by a mysterious cosmic force. Once she returns home, this force not only makes her infinitely more powerful, but far more unstable. Wrestling with this entity inside her, Jean unleashes her powers in ways she can neither comprehend nor contain. With Jean spiraling out of control, and hurting the ones she loves most, she begins to unravel the very fabric that holds the X-Men together. Now, with this family falling apart, they must find a way to unite -- not only to save Jean's soul, but to save our very planet from aliens who wish to weaponize this force and rule the galaxy.

In Theaters June 7, 2019
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Evil Avatar 02-28-2019 07:02 AM

MavenACTG 02-28-2019 07:19 AM

This film is barely on my radar. Avengers/Marvel Studios is sucking all the air out of the room for other Marvel properties.

Days of Future Past and Logan was closure / an exit ramp for caring about Fox Studios' efforts. Apocalypse wasn't that well-received and didn't seem to build on and uplift the franchise the way every Marvel Studios release does.

When X-Men enter the MCU, I think we'll see them become part of the film zeitgeist again, though having a new Wolverine will be *weird* and something Marvel is going to have to get exactly right. Right now Dark Phoenix just feels like a studio going through the motions to extract as much as they can with the assets they have before the brand's shelf life expires.

NACIONAL 02-28-2019 08:20 AM

why fenix appears when jane gray is young?

I am not up to the lore

Mad Max RW 02-28-2019 08:57 AM

Looks as boring as I expected. You can’t do the Phoenix saga justice in one movie. It’d be like condensing the original Star Wars trilogy to 90 minutes. That also looks really low budget even after they allegedly spent hundreds of millions on reshoots. I despise what Fox did to the X Men. They had moments of brilliance like the 90s cartoon and Logan. Days of Future Past was good. Marvel/Disney will fuck it up more.

NESter the Unlikely 02-28-2019 10:37 AM

I predict if this movie doesn't completely bomb it will be for no other reason than Sansa Stark is in it.

EL CABONG 02-28-2019 11:09 AM

Meh. I thought New Mutants looked more interesting. Most comic book movie fans know about delays and reshoots of this and NM. Disney buying Fox means the X-Men are gonna be rebooted again in the near future. Kinda makes it hard to care.

Chief Smash 02-28-2019 11:51 AM

It kind of has a "made for TV" vibe going on. I loved the X-Men when I was a kid, especially Cyclops and Jean but I just don't care about this movie.

vallor 02-28-2019 12:21 PM

I have almost no interest in this movie. Almost. The fact they decided to deeply mine perhaps one of the most iconic events in X-Men history makes me sad inside. It shows they don't have any new ideas or stories to tell.

The Superhero movies I like the most are the ones with drastically different takes on the events and stories in the comics but use the same characters (and, of course, keep true to the characters). I think that's why Winter Soldier is one of my favorite movies.

ElektroDragon 02-28-2019 01:18 PM

They should have just remade Firestarter by Stephen King with Sansa Stark in it instead of Drew Barrymore. Way more interesting than more X-Men junk.

Terran 02-28-2019 01:38 PM

This looks boring. The only X-Men stuff I seem to enjoy any more is Wolverine/Logan. The rest is crap.

brandonjclark 02-28-2019 03:13 PM

I've always been fascinated by Phoenix, so I'll definitely go see this. Munch some popcorn and watch some great visuals, what's not to like?

Azzy 02-28-2019 06:58 PM

They really just need to quit with this timeline of xmen. They need the xmen who are hiding out in Australia fighting the brood and shit.

Skunk 02-28-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzy (Post 2531902)
They really just need to quit with this timeline of xmen. They need the xmen who are hiding out in Australia fighting the brood and shit.

Pretty much this.

I don't even understand how you can conceive of a Phoenix story line without both Logan and Scott Summers interacting with Jean Grey. It looks like, what, they are dropping Logan and subbing in Mystique?

I mean I get that Jennifer Lawrence has taken over "young X-men" but I think this is going a bit far. The whole thing is sideways.

Misanthropist 03-01-2019 12:31 AM

so much love for mystique + magneto in quite a few of the x-men movies, i wish they had more of the other villians and mutants. hopefully this will be a fun movie in an alternate timeline before the x-men universe gets rebooted again...

Wizzkidd 03-02-2019 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzy (Post 2531902)

Not to single you out specifically, but who are you people? I've read all the comments and it seems like most of y'all are MCU-washed moviegoers.

Lets not forget that the majority of the MCU films are trash. Light-hearted - no stakes, quip-filled bubblegum crap. Also I hope you aren't white or straight, because many people associated with the MCU films, such as the stars, hate you. They think you are garbage. They think you are pieces of shit.

Meanwhile, the X-Men films have been mostly good, and more importantly unique. Each film doesn't try to copy the last. Each film doesn't try to keep the same exact tone as each other. Each film is its own film, which is far more interesting and respectable. First Class and DOFP are awesome. The cast is great. The continuity is also great. We don't get childish jokes every 1.5 minutes.

I have watched all the MCU films in the theater. But with each new one, it becomes more and more begrudgingly. Do yourselves a favor and don't watch the headlines for the MCU films. You will eventually become like me. After the next Avengers film, it will take a seriously interesting film to make me watch again. I'm just about done. Like, the only thing that will ever make me watch another MCU film is if my wife wants to see it. I dread the day that X-Men are in the MCU. Fuck Disney and their transparent politics.

MavenACTG 03-02-2019 02:06 PM

Show me on the doll where Kevin Feige touched you.

vallor 03-02-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizzkidd (Post 2532017)
I have watched all the MCU films in the theater. But with each new one, it becomes more and more begrudgingly. Do yourselves a favor and don't watch the headlines for the MCU films. You will eventually become like me. After the next Avengers film, it will take a seriously interesting film to make me watch again. I'm just about done. Like, the only thing that will ever make me watch another MCU film is if my wife wants to see it. I dread the day that X-Men are in the MCU. Fuck Disney and their transparent politics.

I generally agree the MCU actors have become more and more full of themselves and feel more political. Most notably Chris Evans and of course Mark Ruffalo and Joss Whedon are vocal but all of the first wave A-Listers have participated in misguided political grandstanding against their core audience.

Black Panther became a circus, whether or not it was intended to be Disney certainly rode the wave all the way to the bank and notoriety. Now we have them deliberately engineering Captain Marvel to create the same sort of social justice cash-in as Black Panther, to the point the entire marketing scheme is being built around it.

I am not going to be sucked into Captain Marvel unless absolutely necessary to understand End Game, and if that is the case then I will find the cheapest seats possible as far out from release as possible to ensure the studio gets as little money possible (the theater gets more of the box office money the later in the run you see it, at least that's how it used to work).

I am sticking with End Game because I have followed the story this far for 10+ years of movies and otherwise entertaining story telling. For the next wave of MCU, just like the upcoming Star Wars stuff from Disney, I think I'm all but disengaged.

None of the characters appeal to me, the primary cast and crew certainly aren't "my people" and from the studio execs down they freely share their disdain.

So like Hellboy and all the others who think they can use their megaphone to denigrate my believes and values but then play on those beliefs to try and part me from my money to fund their multi-million dollar lifestyles, they can go fuck themselves.

Bunch of hypocrites.

Wizzkidd 03-02-2019 03:20 PM

I do have to say that Chris Hemsworth, as far as I know, hasn't said anything publicly to bash fans. And I find his Thor character to be cool. So there's that, at least. I'd probably watch another Thor film.

Chief Smash 03-02-2019 03:50 PM

I agree on Chris Evans and Mark Ruffalo. But at least Evans plays a decent Steve Rogers. Ruffalo is useless. Besides, we really don’t need much Banner. We need Hulk. I loved the Hulk when I was a kid but I was never one of those “Banner is far more interesting than the Hulk” fans. And in these Marvel movies, I really don’t need most of the characters to be too interesting.l anyway. Most of them need to just be fun while a few of the central guys (preferably Dr. Strange, Stark, and Thor) carry the actual story.