Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259087)

Jetherik 02-28-2019 11:37 PM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

A beautiful winter day - Go outside or stay inside to play games? Why not take the games outside? What are you playing?

Meusli 03-01-2019 03:01 AM

Hearts of Iron 4 Man the guns DLC and a little bit of Dirt Rally 2, might throw some Stellaris and Insurgency:Sandstorm in there too.

Blog 03-01-2019 06:55 AM

I've been enjoying Echo. The game really changes up depending on what you taught your clones in the previous level. It's a lot of fun and the main challenge comes from planning out what you need to do in the short term whilst limiting how dangerous your clones will get once they learn your moves.

After that, I've been getting back into Rocket League with a co-worker and I'll probably continue to chip away at the extra playthroughs on RE2.

I'll also make time to see The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot.

BalekFekete 03-01-2019 07:03 AM

Despite all the hate and poor reviews out there, I'm enjoying Anthem quite a bit. The technical challenges - crashes, bugs, etc. - are certainly annoying and are starting to wear on me. However, the core gameplay is a hellava lot of fun and keeping me playing it mission after mission. Flying around like Ironman raining down death from above is just a blast!

Kreigmstr 03-01-2019 09:11 AM

D&D game with my kids tonight. Division 2 beta and probably some Apex. Warhammer 40k Dark Heresy ttrpg on Sunday.

PatrickRes9 03-01-2019 09:16 AM

Smash Bros Ultimate
Mario + Kingdom Battle
Hollow Knight
Yakuza Kiwami
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Octopath Traveler

Arionuq 03-01-2019 09:13 PM

Slay the Spire. Why can't I stop playing this game? WTF its 1 AM.....maybe one more run. Or Warhammer Total War 2 because I haven't played enough Empire campaigns (yes I have).

badclam 03-01-2019 10:00 PM

Picked up God Eater 3,on ps4,can't wait to see what it's about
finishing up Yakuza 0, love the games and story
and some more Switch game's with my Daughter.

Wizzkidd 03-02-2019 03:29 AM

Dude, you guys, Crackdown 3 is really fun. Collecting the orbs is addicting, and the combat is fun. It's just fun, and I wasn't at all hyped for the game. Playing it between PC and Xbox is cool also.

Picked up DOA6, it is the same as usual but the graphics are improved.

Playing Far Cry New Dawn, PUBG, and Trials Rising.

Evil Avatar 03-02-2019 07:35 AM

Not going to be much time for gaming this weekend, I will probably play the Division 2 beta for a little while to unlock some of the beta bonus items. There is like a gun skin you can get just for playing, and a few more if you finish the missions and play in the Dark Zone.

If I have extra time I think I will do a little Red Dead Redemption Online. I don’t have much time invested in it and I wouldn’t mind banking some cash for future item and clothing drops. Plus, most of the decent gear doesn’t unlock until you hit about Level 40 so I have to put time into it.

Mad Max RW 03-02-2019 08:14 AM

Playing through the final release of Eviternity, a 32 level campaign for classic Doom. The level design and puzzles are so good. One level just took me 45 minutes and it felt like I was rushing through. Brilliant use of morphing and having areas twist into itself. By some miracle the author made a super complicated thing not frustrating to solve. And I've played a lot of Doom maps that were so frustrating I had to noclip to the exit a few times.

Evil Avatar 03-02-2019 03:31 PM

Went to a 3-hour writing presentation/class. I about died laughing, because the class was on Neil Gaiman's Master Class and I used to talk to Gaiman on a daily basis on twitter back in the day.

He's a cool guy, we only got into a disagreement over him winning the rights to Angela. No matter what that judge said, it was obviously work for hire and it was really sleazy of him to claim that "Medieval Spawn" is some kind of original creation that he can sell. Would it be fine with him if I created "Hipster Coraline" and started writing the books and selling them? I doubt it.

Still, despite a difference over authors rights for comics, I think he is a great guy and super talented and it was fun to sit through the class and listen to his speeches. (Via YouTube, BTW, not in person.)

And I wrote a new page this week before class. I haven't been doing much fiction writing, I write my articles here and not much else and it's way past time for me to get back into writing and selling my work.

At least it was a pretty good page. Some days I'm talented enough to even impress myself.

Meeks 03-03-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BalekFekete (Post 2531933)
Despite all the hate and poor reviews out there, I'm enjoying Anthem quite a bit. The technical challenges - crashes, bugs, etc. - are certainly annoying and are starting to wear on me. However, the core gameplay is a hellava lot of fun and keeping me playing it mission after mission. Flying around like Ironman raining down death from above is just a blast!

Same here. I get all the concerns people have. I guess at the end of the day the fact that I'm still having fun with it is all that matters to me, which is more than I can say for Destiny 2 at this juncture. They really nailed the combat, and I'm sure the content will come. Now if I could just find a javelin upgrade that allows me to glide along the ground ala Tribes I'd be all set.