Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Child's Play Is Getting A Reboot (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254431)

Emabulator 07-04-2018 09:04 AM

Child's Play Is Getting A Reboot

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:

Seems like Hollywood directors are really feeling the 80's nostalgia lately. Childs Play is getting a reboot so Chucky can return to haunt our nightmares.

In the original Child's Play franchise from the 1980s, a family is plagued by a doll that's possessed by a serial killer. MGM is being very hush-hush about the plot details, but Collider reports that it will follow a group of kids squaring off with a new age version of Chucky that's more technologically advanced. The film will be produced by David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith, who also produced It.

Whether it will be a true horror film or more of a jokey version in the vein of the later films in the original franchise is unclear. It begins production in September in Vancouver and it will be directed by Lars Klevberg who also directed the horror movie Polaroid. Tyler Burton Smith will write the script; he wrote Kung Fury 2 as well as the video game Quantum Break.

Evil Avatar 07-04-2018 07:27 PM

The second they say “upgraded version” you kinda know this will be a big ball of suck.

Drake_NS 07-04-2018 08:14 PM

Hm. I wonder if they'll get Brad Dourif for it. I suspect that something will be missing from the character if they don't have him. Kinda like what happened with the newer Nightmare on Elm Street...just not the same without Robert Englund.

Sensei-X 07-04-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Seems like Hollywood directors are really feeling the 80's nostalgia lately.
80's nostalgia? I guess, but then you'd have to ignore the 6 sequels, the last of which came out just last year lol.

Chimpbot 07-04-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2516296)
The second they say “upgraded version” you kinda know this will be a big ball of suck.

It was a safe bet to assume it'll be a big ol' ball of suck the moment they said it was a Child's Play movie.
The series has never - and will never - be good. The fact they keep making them amazes me.

LostToys 07-04-2018 11:56 PM

And who still has dolls? This seems like a concept that will really not work well anymore as the many of the people who are now grown up and may watch this may not find it as scary because they did not grow up with freaky assed dolls sitting in their bedrooms. I guess the Anabel movies still do well, so there is a scary doll market, but definitely not as much as there was when the first Child's Play film came out.

Wizzkidd 07-05-2018 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2516299)
It was a safe bet to assume it'll be a big ol' ball of suck the moment they said it was a Child's Play movie.
The series has never - and will never - be good. The fact they keep making them amazes me.

My wife has always liked these films. Her happiness while watching them makes me like....er tolerate them easier. I'd say my favorite scene with Chucky is the quick scene he's in Ready Player One.

Snipee 07-05-2018 04:35 AM

Id be happier with some more nightmare on elm street or Friday the 13th. Those two series have been on hiatus for quite a while. I think the last two were 2009 & 2010?

Terran 07-05-2018 08:00 PM

Saw the sidebar: "Child's Play is Getting..." and I thought it was about the charity.

The movie series? PoS. :(