Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Game & Movie Releases for the week of July 8th to July 14th, 2018 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254509)

Evil Avatar 07-09-2018 05:53 PM

Game & Movie Releases for the week of July 8th to July 14th, 2018

Game & Movie Releases for the week of July 8th to July 14th, 2018.

Retail Games
Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered (PS4, Xbox)
Shining Resonance Refrain Draconic Launch Edition (PS4, Xbox, Switch)
Earthfall Deluxe Edition (PS4, Xbox)
MXGP Pro (PS4, Xbox)
Hotel Transylvania 3: Monsters Overboard (PS4, Xbox, Switch)
Octopath Traveler (Switch)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch)
Hunting Simulator (Switch)

Movies & TV
A Quiet Place
Chappaquiddick
The Magicians: Season Three
Bull Durham Criterion Collection
Dragon Inn Criterion Collection
One Good Cop
Sweet Country
Casual Sex?
Future World
Lean on Pete
Bring It On: In It to Win It
Fire Birds
SS-GB
Bigger Fatter Liar
Godmonster of Indian Flats
Who Can Kill a Child
Ai Tenchi Muyo: The Complete Series
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
The Born Losers
Who's Watching Oliver
The Tibetan Dog

Box Office
Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation
Skyscraper
Yellow Submarine

Emabulator 07-09-2018 05:58 PM

Shining Resonance Refrain: Draconic Launch Edition for $40 is a buy for me.

Evil Avatar 07-09-2018 06:00 PM

I wanted to get Octopath Traveler for my daugher and my wife kinda drew a blank at the $60 price tag. Heh.

Emabulator 07-09-2018 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2516606)
I wanted to get Octopath Traveler for my daugher and my wife kinda drew a blank at the $60 price tag. Heh.

At that price you buy it for yourself and let your daughter use it. ;)

Skunk 07-09-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2516606)

I just dropped $60 bucks in the Patreon. Please consider it a gift from me to your family.

Thanks for keeping the site running; and for letting us run our mouths on here however we like.

Phoenix1985 07-09-2018 08:19 PM

Yeah, gonna get Octopath Traveller no matter what. I missed the Steam sale anyway, might as well plonk down my budget for it onto this awesome-looking game.

Hellstorm 07-09-2018 10:30 PM

Captain Todd!!!

vallor 07-10-2018 12:35 AM

If you didn't see A Quiet Place in the Theater do yourself a favor and catch the blu-ray.

Chimpbot 07-10-2018 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2516627)
If you didn't see A Quiet Place in the Theater do yourself a favor and catch the blu-ray.

I wanted to catch it in theaters, but my wife will only watch horror movies in an environment where she can control the volume.

Also, I'm starting to hate Nintendo's penchant for releasing their titles on Fridays. I hate waiting the extra three days.

Evil Avatar 07-10-2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skunk (Post 2516609)
I just dropped $60 bucks in the Patreon. Please consider it a gift from me to your family.

Thanks for keeping the site running; and for letting us run our mouths on here however we like.

Way cool! Thanks! Iíll hook you up with the Purple user ID when I wake up in a few hours.

Evil Avatar 07-10-2018 08:03 AM

Ordered that game for my Daughter so you know your gift will go straight to making her have a brighter week! It is summer vacation, so she was getting kinda mopey and bored.

She’s been through Zelda a couple of times and while she loves Minecraft, she can’t seem to get into it on the Switch. I guess not enough of her friends have a Switch yet.

Skunk 07-10-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2516647)
Ordered that game for my Daughter so you know your gift will go straight to making her have a brighter week! It is summer vacation, so she was getting kinda mopey and bored.

Sheís been through Zelda a couple of times and while she loves Minecraft, she canít seem to get into it on the Switch. I guess not enough of her friends have a Switch yet.

Glad to hear it! :) Stay cool out there, I remember my time in Sierra Vista could get quite warm.

Major Dan 07-10-2018 08:28 PM

That was nice of you Skunk. EvAV you’ll have to give us your impressions.

Evil Avatar 07-10-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skunk (Post 2516694)
Glad to hear it! :) Stay cool out there, I remember my time in Sierra Vista could get quite warm.

Oh yea, we had a microburst storm here yesterday and it knocked out the AC at my work for the entire night! Blarg!

Evil Avatar 07-10-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major Dan (Post 2516698)
That was nice of you Skunk. EvAV youíll have to give us your impressions.

Yea, I can't wait to try it, if I can ever wrest the switch away from my daughter.

Evil Avatar 07-14-2018 01:32 AM

We got the game! The daughter is playing it now. I think you need to use the dock to see it on the bigger screen to really appreciate the graphics, though I still think it looks cool on the smaller screen.

TheHulk 07-14-2018 08:54 PM

I'd love to hear some Octopath Traveler opinions from those who picked it up. I'm kind of on the fence about it.

Just saw A Quiet Place and it was very good.