Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   No Manís Sky 11 Things That Have Changed Since Launch Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254573)

Evil Avatar 07-11-2018 07:16 PM

No Manís Sky 11 Things That Have Changed Since Launch Trailer

Quote:

A a message from developer Hello Gamesí Sean Murray

Hello everyone Ė itís an exciting and super busy month for Hello Games and No Manís Sky as we have our massive NEXT update launching across all platforms on July 24, and for the first time on Xbox One!

We will be sharing more details about the new content in the run up to launch. But a question we get asked all the time is Ďwhatís changed in No Manís Sky?í, so our friends at 505 Games have made a handy vid ď11 Things That Have Changed in No Manís Sky Since LaunchĒ to remind everybody about the many many things that have changedÖ since launch.

There are a lot more than 11, in fact there are 100ís as you can see in the lists here: Foundation Update - Pathfinder Update - Atlas Rise Update

But we chose our favourite 11 as the video would go on for far too long...

Changes weíve highlighted include a regenerated universe, newly opened portal stargates, new biomes, deeper trading, exocraft for advanced exploration, new modes (Survival / Permadeath / Creative), base building, new missions/story, terrain manipulation, crashed / interstellar freighters, and deeper space combat.

Thanks so much,

Sean

Evil Avatar 07-11-2018 07:16 PM

BeardedSonOfNel 07-12-2018 05:43 AM

Wow, they're still updating this turd. Polish all you want, you lost me on launch day Hello Games!

Chimpbot 07-12-2018 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2516825)
Wow, they're still updating this turd. Polish all you want, you lost me on launch day Hello Games!

The game is quite different from what it was at launch. It's apparently quite good, even.

I'm not going back to it anytime soon...but at least they were seemingly able to fix their mistakes.

Apex 07-12-2018 06:07 AM

Too bad nobody cares.

Metal Jesus 07-12-2018 07:37 AM

I feel they need to do a No Man's Sky 2: Electric BoogaLoo release or something to really get the point across that it's been updated in big ways.

BeardedSonOfNel 07-12-2018 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2516826)
The game is quite different from what it was at launch. It's apparently quite good, even.

I'm not going back to it anytime soon...but at least they were seemingly able to fix their mistakes.

That's cool, It's just too bad they put such a bad taste in my mouth the first time around. I just have no desire to reinstall it.

Chimpbot 07-12-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2516835)
That's cool, It's just too bad they put such a bad taste in my mouth the first time around. I just have no desire to reinstall it.

I'm in the exact same boat.

EGO 07-12-2018 09:41 AM

It really doesn't matter what they do or what they did. The internet is filled with just hate, so there's no way ANYTHING they did was going to appease the angry comments warriors and their interwebz megaphone.

I honestly don't know why devs even bother doing anything any more. All there is is hate. I know if I were a dev I wouldn't. Doesn't seem worth it.

PatrickRes9 07-12-2018 10:05 AM

After all the hype, and fail, and patching, and updating...

I think it's silly that they have to do a "11 Things That Have Changed Since Launch Trailer".

May as well have named the trailer "This game isn't garbage anymore, we swear! Please come back!"

And maybe that's true - that the game is improved. But it's a tough sell. Especially in gaming. There's always the next amazing game to play. Unless you're a fanatic about something, it's tough to go back and visit from a time ago. Limited time coupled with competition from the games you are already playing coupled with competition for the next big game right around the corner. Especially when the first experience was mediocre at best.

I think, in large, the ship has sailed on this one. And really it's their fault. They should have made the full and complete "vision" first, then released.

It's the same with movies nowadays. Do you want the cash grab now, or do you want quality that will stand the test of time, and build a following for decades.

karaliusbronius 07-12-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex (Post 2516828)
Too bad nobody cares.

I'm excited, the next update will allow me to play coop with others (which is why I bought the game in the first place and now collects dust).

Exodus 07-12-2018 10:16 AM

Is there multiplayer?

PatrickRes9 07-12-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exodus (Post 2516852)
Is there multiplayer?

Is there multiplayer?

"Yah, but the world is so large, the odds of you running into anyone is almost impossible"

:D :rolleyes:

No Man's Sky? More like... No Guy Buy! Hehehhh!

Mad Max RW 07-12-2018 12:35 PM

I still play the game a few minutes here and there when I'm too tired or drunk to read. It's way more stable since launch and the numerous mods have improved the rest. Space combat and flight control remains terrible and as non-intuitive as you can possibly get. The new story is kinda neat for a 3-4 hour time waster. The worlds and creatures are still very much the same. For a game that supposedly renders the whole universe all of the biomes, plants, animals, landmasses, etc. feel like they are from the same planet. The simplistic solar system modeling is absolute shit and I hate how the sun is merely a 2d skybox and the planets are stationary. Currently the way "multiplayer" works is if you enter a zone with up to a dozen or so players you see each other as orbs of light that cannot be interacted with.

Play Elite Dangerous instead if you want good space stuff.

PatrickRes9 07-12-2018 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2516863)
Currently the way "multiplayer" works is if you enter a zone with up to a dozen or so players you see each other as orbs of light that cannot be interacted with.

LOL. That's pretty great. Laughed out loud for the first time today.

ElektroDragon 07-12-2018 06:24 PM

The original game was just a giant tech demo to fund further development. They should have just released it as an Xbox Game Preview instead of a $60 PS4 retail game. :D I might buy it again for my X1X. I loved it but got really upset when my Atlas quest glitched and I quit playing.

karaliusbronius 07-12-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2516863)
Currently the way "multiplayer" works is if you enter a zone with up to a dozen or so players you see each other as orbs of light that cannot be interacted with.

Play Elite Dangerous instead if you want good space stuff.

But the update coming out in two weeks will allow you to see them as they are and interact with the world together. You will also be able to join parties instead of hoping to find someone. But yeah, its retarded right now.

Also, thanks for the heads up on Elite Dangerous, going to check out a trailer now.

92miata 07-12-2018 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal Jesus (Post 2516834)
I feel they need to do a No Man's Sky 2: Electric BoogaLoo release or something to really get the point across that it's been updated in big ways.

What a great reference. I just watched Turbo and Ozone in that movie. All Time Classic!!!!!

Juan 07-13-2018 07:02 AM

How is the studio still open, where is the money coming from? Updating this game is utterly pointless, of the 10 people they may convince to buy the game, 9 will get it secondhand for £5.

MavenACTG 07-13-2018 12:51 PM

Having never played it initially, I would be curious to try it, but not at the price point they are selling it for. They still have not dropped the price.

$20, tops.