Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pure Evil - Fortnite Pro Am (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254018)

Evil Avatar 06-13-2018 09:51 AM

Pure Evil - Fortnite Pro Am

I donít play the Battle Royale mode of Fortnite myself, but I do admire itís success. They had a whopping 2 Million people watching the streaming Pro Am tournament last night. (Ninja won. No, I donít know who that is.)

The game is just a juggernaut. I hope they add some other multiplayer modes in the future, I could get into it then. I still love the Save the World mode, itís a lot of fun, though I kinda stopped playing because the resource limit of 999 of each resource just doesnít go far when you are trying to build up your base. It got too annoying to go back and forth between the city map and my base over and over.

Great game though and I love seeing Epic back on top like they were when we started EvAv.

GodFather 06-13-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514815)

Great game though and I love seeing Epic back on top like they were when we started EvAv.

I remember id being the kings when you started!

SuicideKing 06-13-2018 12:32 PM

That resource limit had been upped to 5000 from 999 with the right skills.

Evil Avatar 06-13-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodFather (Post 2514826)
I remember id being the kings when you started!

Not to anyone with class and style. Unreal Tournament all the way!

rubbishfoo 06-13-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514841)

Hahah!

I used to go to local LAN parties once in a while when I lived up in Central Illinois. Good ol' days of hauling PCs & monitors... network equipment. Ya know... when games used to let us run the server too.

Anyways, this one LAN party I went to was having a Quake3 tourney & one of the guys hosting kinda talked me into paying the $5 entry. I had seen Quake3, but was a UT guy all the way (and damn good at it if I do say so myself). I ended up winning by a hair... I kicked everyones ass except the last guy & we were pretty neck & neck. Rail Gun ftw. (I played a lot of Instagib back then in UT).

Guy said "Dude, you didn't even want to enter?" I told him "It just seems like UT without secondary fire mode... and the rocket launcher is MUCH faster".

Epic Games has brought a TON of things to the market indirectly through licensing the Unreal Engine. It's an amazing piece of technology & they deserve the success they've earned, imo.

wunshot 06-13-2018 01:38 PM

That game would be great if they limited your ability to build forts while fighting. Build them all you want ahead of time, but you shouldn't be able to fire for 5 or 10 seconds after building something (and vise versa).

Hellstorm 06-13-2018 03:17 PM

FYI, to anyone that played Fortnite on a PS4, your account is now locked to PSN and you will be unable to transfer it to either Xbox or Switch. Likewise, if you have an account on Xbox or Switch you cannot transfer over to PS4. If you have an Xbox or Switch account, you can transfer between the two.

Thanks Sony.

eighties 06-13-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellstorm (Post 2514854)
FYI, to anyone that played Fortnite on a PS4, your account is now locked to PSN and you will be unable to transfer it to either Xbox or Switch. Likewise, if you have an account on Xbox or Switch you cannot transfer over to PS4. If you have an Xbox or Switch account, you can transfer between the two.

Thanks Sony.

Not locked out!

You go into your epic account and just unlink the ps4 one and it works. i had this issue when this all went down and couldnt log into my xbox one version cus my pc and ps4 was linked. simple unlink fixed it and linked my switch as well.

Scherge 06-13-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514841)

I'm completely impartial (I suck at ALL first-person shooters), but your post reminded of this classic PA strip...
(Note: The image is too big to show here. Is there a way to resize images on EvAv?)

Mozgus 06-14-2018 01:07 AM

Fortnite caused them to abandon UT. I'll never let go of my spite over that.

wml 06-15-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eighties (Post 2514859)
Not locked out!

You go into your epic account and just unlink the ps4 one and it works. i had this issue when this all went down and couldnt log into my xbox one version cus my pc and ps4 was linked. simple unlink fixed it and linked my switch as well.

If you have played on the PS4 even just once yes it is perminantly locked out of being able to play on switch or xbox unlinking it doesnt fix this

Chimpbot 06-15-2018 09:17 AM

Yeah, unlinking your account doesn't appear to actually work.

ElektroDragon 06-15-2018 06:31 PM

Unreal Tournament 2003 was the best thing ever. THE BEST. (1 was good too.) And the original Quake 3 Arena. Those games were my favorite PC shooters of all time, from back in another life when I only played PC games online instead of console games in single player.

ElektroDragon 06-15-2018 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozgus (Post 2514874)
Fortnite caused them to abandon UT. I'll never let go of my spite over that.

No what caused them to abandon UT was the very mediocre UT3 after the glory days of 2003-2004.

Or you could argue Gears caused them to abandon UT. Fornite had nothing to do with it.

Evil Avatar 06-15-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2514999)
No what caused them to abandon UT was the very mediocre UT3 after the glory days of 2003-2004.

Or you could argue Gears caused them to abandon UT. Fortnite had nothing to do with it.

He means that they started a new "community developed" Unreal Tournament and gave up on it.

But, it wasn't Fortnite that caused that, it was that Paragon failed and they went back to development on the only other game that they had in development at the time which was Fortnite. The new UT never really even started development, it was more of an idea that the community would do all the work and Epic would make all the profit.