Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dark Souls Remastered coming to PS4 & Xbone (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250913)

Evil Avatar 01-11-2018 11:01 AM

Dark Souls Remastered coming to PS4 & Xbone

Quote:

Delve Into the World of DARK SOULS Like Never Before with PlayStation 4 Pro System and Xbox One X Enhancements and Portability with Nintendo Switch!

Developed by FromSoftware Inc., DARK SOULS: REMASTERED enables players to explore the twisted ancient land of Lordran in the first title of the critically acclaimed action role-playing series like never before. Experience the rich world of DARK SOULS in Dynamic 4K resolution when playing on a PlayStation 4 Pro system, Xbox One X, and STEAM. From their first timid steps to absolute mastery, players will build their characters by strategically adapting to daunting foes, exploring haunting locations, and amassing a large collection of weapons, armor, and magic spells to wield for a truly unique playstyle.

PatrickRes9 01-11-2018 11:37 AM

Nintendo Switch too, huh? Nice.

ministryofwrath 01-11-2018 11:38 AM

Well, I just reinstalled dark souls 3.....

Saw this trailer....

Hope it's more than a 4k texture pack, but that being said.... I might have to buy it, dark souls could be my favorite gaming series of all time.

rubbishfoo 01-11-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2503600)
Nintendo Switch too, huh? Nice.

Another reason to cuss on da bus.

Dag-Sabot 01-11-2018 12:25 PM

About time. The backwards compatible version ran like a slideshow on the 'bone.

MadMurdock_0311 01-11-2018 02:46 PM

I keep my old consoles so I can play old games. I buy new consoles so I can play new games. Enough with the HD remakes for this generation; gimme something new.

IGXGamingTV 01-11-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 (Post 2503623)
I keep my old consoles so I can play old games. I buy new consoles so I can play new games. Enough with the HD remakes for this generation; gimme something new.

Exactly! COD4 Remastered was nothing like the original. I want Bloodborne 2, dammit!!

ministryofwrath 01-12-2018 12:51 AM

If some other articles I've read are true, this is more than just a HD remaster such as adding HD 4k textures, supposedly they ported it to the blood borne engine.

that being said, yes I want squeals not HD remasters, I'll buy this if it's a proper engine boost, because I do love dark souls, but that's if another game isn't taking up my time.

I'm still not able to get through witcher 3.... I love that game but too many games and not enough life

MADxMrMike 01-12-2018 04:17 PM

Any Dark Souls is good to me so this is cool. Glad Switch players will get a version.

Mojopin 01-14-2018 01:37 PM

If this isn't brought to a newer engine then I really have no reason to purchase it again since I have the PC version. All it takes is a quick DL to fix it's problems and it's 60fps 1080p. So if it doesn't look better and feel better to play, then there really isn't any point. Here's hoping they remaster this bad boy deeeeeep, I would love to play this on the Bloodborne engine.

Dag-Sabot 01-14-2018 02:05 PM

Despite this is releasing in May, combined with few details and considering the current climate, I am confident it is a blatant cash grab.