Go Back   Evil Avatar

View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 12:45 PM   #22
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I just can't hang.

I feel like I am reasonable "good at videogames". I beat Shovel Knight my first time through using a mac keyboard. I beat demon souls. But for whatever reason I don't have the reflexes or tracking ability to play Smash. I constantly lose my character. I was "good" at the original on the N64. But ever since the gamecube one, it was too much for me.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel the same but I think it might be a matter of "getting it" combined with dedication or a lack thereof. In the old days, I felt like I sort of mastered SF2 and MK. Both games clicked with me and I put in hundreds (maybe thousands) of hours on each. I just felt like I knew what people were going to do before they did it when I played those games. Of course this was probably because I was playing these games on my SNES instead of going out with girls at the time. :P But in Smash I never progressed beyond mashing buttons and using the occasional special move at the right time. There are plenty of people out there who know all of the nuances of the Smash series and the game is basically a science to them. I just wonder if people like you and me just don't have the time or inclination to learn this game to that extent. I will concede that it's a very well made game but it's just not for me.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote