Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar

View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #9
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
This series strikes me as one of the most disappointing games people still somehow love. I tried it and found it almost completely uninspiring myself, but others rave about it while wearing sackcloth and ashes over its imperfections.

I just think it sucks.
There is something very satisfying about the gunplay in the game, everything from their sound, rate of fire, the impact and reaction they have on enemies, compounded with excellent character/gun/enemy animations, and environmental details that make the game "fun" to play even when you are doing the same content over and over again.

With that said, after a month, I am done until the next major expansion. One of the issues with Destiny is that you, the gamer, have no control over the difficulty. One of the best things about a loot based game is being able to ramp up and down the difficulty to make the game more fun/challenging. So even if you are fully geared in something like Diablo, you could turn of the rift to God like difficulty for the challenge, or do low level runs just to see shit explode in every direction. So it feels less like a treadmill, and more like a buffet where you pick and choose how you want to play.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote