Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar

View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 09:33 PM   #11
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
Politics aside, I do think it's a good idea to mandate that potential outcomes be outlined when investing real money in virtual products when those items relate to progression or other non-cosmetic aspects of the game.

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes had a lootbox mechanic where you could get anywhere from 10-330 (max Rank 7 amount) of shards to unlock or power up characters. Without knowing the loot table or percentage chance of getting what amount, you're essentially flying blind as to whether your purchase is better than some of the other options that are available to get shards for a character.

Just display the damn odds and stop being shitty to your customers by preying on their ignorance and impulsiveness. We're not Han Solo. Otherwise I'm just fine with lootboxes.
I'm baffled as to why there is even a tolerance for the idea that the government needs to step in.

Just... don't buy the game. It's easy. I'm not. Buy some other game. Buy Super Star Wars. That will take you a good 2 years to beat if you play every day. By the time you look up, there will be a new Star Wars game out without any of this crap because nobody bought it.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote