Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar

View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 08:07 PM   #40
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Entertainment Weekly: Rose McGowan says Weinstein 'raped me'; Harvey denies

Quote:
Rose McGowan’s campaign against Harvey Weinstein reached new levels Thursday when the actress alleged via Twitter that Weinstein “raped me.”

In response to McGowan’s claims, Sallie Hofmeister, a representative for Weinstein, said in a statement: “Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein.” (The statement echoes what Hofmeister said to The New Yorker when it published an exposé of Weinstein this week, which included claims from three actresses that Weinstein sexually assaulted them.)

The context of McGowan’s revelation was also significant, as the actress alleged Amazon Studios optioned a TV series from her and then killed it after she voiced concern to executives about Weinstein.

The Charmed and Scream actress directed a series of tweets at Amazon founder Jeff Bezos: “I told the head of your studio that HW raped me. Over & over I said it. He said it hadn’t been proven. I said I was the proof,” McGowan wrote. “I had already sold a script I wrote to your studio, it was in development. When I heard a Weinstein bailout was in the works … I forcefully begged studio head to do the right thing. I was ignored. Deal was done. Amazon won a dirty Oscar … I called my attorney & said I want to get my script back, but before I could, #2 @amazonstudios called to say my show was dead … I am calling on you to stop funding rapists, alleged pedos and sexual harassers. I love @amazonstudios but there is rot in Hollywood.”
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote