Go Back   Evil Avatar

View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 01:51 AM   #6
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
2016 says "hi" Scherge -- https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2016/03/...x-updates-gdc/

Several games have supported Cross Play from Xbox to PC without being "Windows Store" games.
Huh - I stand corrected. In my defense: It's not like Microsoft just magically opened their system for anyone to play with them:
https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/15/min...s-says-mojang/

Since cross-platform support for "Rocket League" was announced at the same event, I just assumed it would use similar restrictions. Also, if I understand correctly, the games that allow XBL-free cross-play (mostly Rocket League) seem to have reduced functionality compared to playing on the same platform - like no parties, no league play and no auto-matchmaking.

Still, it seems I was fundamentally wrong there, so... thanks for the correction, I guess.

Edit: I understand this tactical back-and-forth less and less. According to the "Fortnite" FAQ, PC and PS4 already had cross-progression (unlike XB1), and the Battle Royale mode was/is free there (no PS+ required)? Why? I thought "Microsoft has long been a leading voice in supporting cross-platform play"...

Quote:
Q: What about my in-game progression?

A: Cross-progression is supported on PC/Mac and PS4 only. Players must link their PSN account to their Epic ID in order to enable cross-progression. Link your accounts here.
Xbox One does not support cross-progression.
Quote:
Q: Do I need Xbox Live Gold to play Fortnite Battle Royale?

A: Yes. You do need Xbox Live Gold in order to play Fortnite Battle Royale on Xbox.

Q: Do I need PlayStation Plus to play Fortnite Battle Royale?

A: No. You do not need PS Plus in order to play Fortnite Battle Royale on PlayStation.

Last edited by Scherge; 03-13-2018 at 02:17 AM.. Reason: Added info from the FAQ.
Scherge is offline   Reply With Quote