Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar

View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Pure Evil - Weekend Gamer Edition

This weekend Iím home on Sunday for the first time in a while and I got in some gaming on Friday night and Saturday night.

Friday I spent most of my night playing Heroes of the Storm. I just canít escape this title, though itís frustrating. Iím a decent player, but getting stuck with 4 random people in Ranked mode means that the second you start to get ahead you end up dropping back down the list. For some reason the second you start doing good, they start matching you up with scrubs. Iíve literally been matched with people I know are troll players after I have four or five wins in a row.

I also tried Black Ops IIII. I donít think it is for me. I donít get anyting out of Battle Royale and this game is pretty much 100% centered around Battle Royale. It is the biggest Battle Royale Map ever created in a game, and as a result the most dull. It takes even longer to find enemies and when you do, itís still back to the same little 1v1 fire fights that are the hallmark of Battle Royale games. Ho Hum. It is just not fast paced enough for me. I might die a lot in shooters, but at least that means Iím playing!

I also did some recent pick-ups (to steal a phrase from Metal Jesus) of the remaster of Dragonís Dogma Dark Arisen and I snagged Project Cars 2, both for less than $20 on Amazon. Dragonís Dogma looks pretty decent and runs a lot better than the PS3 version. I always enjoyed the game and never quite finished it, so Iím willing to give this one a run through.

Project Cars 2 seems a little dull. There is just something more dynamic about racers like Forza Horizon 4 than Project Cars. I was hoping to get into a few multiplayer races and have some fun, but Iím not sure this is the title for me. I might try F1 2018 to see if I have more fun. I did get a review unit of Forza Horizon 4 on the PC and it looks great and runs pretty decent. I havenít upgraded my machine in a LONG time so I was just totally thrilled to see how great it runs.

Only two weeks now till Red Dead Redemption 2, so I may try to Platinum Spider-Man before that drops. Kind of my last chance before RDR2 takes over all my gaming time!

I hope you pack in as much gaming into your weekend as I have!
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote