Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar

View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 04:08 AM   #8
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I'm assuming you're joking here despite being somewhat of a special snowflake yourself.
I was joking. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to talking about sex, but sexuality doesn't offend me. There's nothing offensive to me about a chick with a nice ass, even in video game art. Yes, sexuality exists in humans. Never understood anyone getting offended by it.

I don't think I'm a "special snowflake" though. Actually, I'm not even sure what that means exactly. Delicate, physically or emotionally? I'm physically fairly capable from my years as a laborer and carpenter and okay genetics for it, but I'm not an athlete by any stretch and all these latest years at a sit-down job have softened me up more than I'd like. Getting a bit of a belly, unfortunately. As far as emotionally, I don't think so, either. Nothing genuinely bothers me very much. I've come to terms with things like my own mortality and loved ones' mortality. Or is it that I think I'm special? I definitely don't think I'm unique. Objectively, I'm pretty modest about who I am, unless I'm being over-the-top to be "funny". Another person in billions. I'm not very loud unless the rare situation calls for it. I'm not brash. I wear jeans and t-shirt often with pretty mute colors, and I'm pretty innocuous. I come from humble means. My parents raised me very low on the totem pole as far as US standards of wealth go. I don't have a lot of reasons to think I'm special. I work a pretty average job, make an average living. I don't really have any unique talents or abilities. Even around the hobby of video games, I'm probably a tick above average but couldn't compete with high tier, competitive gamers by a long shot. I don't have the reflexes or reaction speed for it. I think my video game "skills" have diminished with age actually. I'm not as good at games now in my 30s than I was in my 20s. As I play more competitive games with younger generations, I feel pretty inept half the time. Playing Overwatch is a great way to make me feel inept at games. Despite humble means, I've never felt like the world "owed me a living". I don't rage out of someone makes my food wrong in a restaurant. I don't ever really feel entitled to much. I'm happy getting by with fairly little, really. I don't think "special snowflake" applies, unless I got the meaning wrong.

I've got this friend. He's a good enough guy. A little immature, but he mostly means well. He goes around calling people "special snowflakes". If someone calls him on any of his nonsense though, he's the first to retreat to what he would otherwise call a "safe space". Just a thought. You seem to think you're pretty awesome. Maybe you're the snowflake.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 02-12-2018 at 04:47 AM..
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote