Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar

View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 08:15 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Pure Evil - E3 Thoughts

While there is still one more Press Conference later this morning (Nintendo), E3 is pretty much over for me. The game of the show was BioWareís Anthem for sure with a close second place for Ubisoftís Skull & Bones.

I wasnít that impressed with the footage of Anthem last year, it just felt kinda generic and that it was really trying too hard to be Destiny. The problem is that Destiny 2 never added up to much. The single player campaigns just re-hashed enemies and locations we have already seen and the gear was mostly ugly. Who wants to grind for ugly gear? Anthem looks like it will fix all the problems Destiny has with a better campaign and cool looking armor sets to customize and collect (Not to mention monetize, right EA?)

Skull & Bones will certainly scratch the itch left over from Assassinís Creed Black Flag. Iím going to miss a traditional single player campaign, but it really is taking the best part of Black Flag and turning it into a whole game. You canít go wrong with that. Plus, like Anthem you know there will be tons of items and ships to grind for and collect.

The big thing I took away from this year was that there are a TON of AAA games coming out in 2019. We still have several top titles that will be released at the end of this year (Red Dead Redemption 2, Spider-Man, Battlefield V, Black Ops IIII, etc.) and the great games will just keep coming in January, February and March of next year.

After a couple of years where it felt like there wasnít a lot of fantastic announcements, this year it seemed like every publisher had good games to announce, most of which arenít titles that are going to get pushed off 2 or 3 years. What we are seeing this year, we will be playing before this time next year.

No matter what your platform, there is going to be TON to play. Good times.

P.S.: Runner up titles would include Dying Light 2, and Assassinís Creed Odyssey. Both those just stand out as titles you have to own.