Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar

View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 08:59 AM   #7
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I like my PS3, but I rarely ever play any of the games at this point. I go back to Red Dead Redemption once in a while and I want to finish Dead Space 2/3, but that's about it.

It is a feature that sounds good on paper, but people rarely use in real life and they probably wouldn't even be using it at all on the Xbox if there was any decent games coming out.
Well, it's a measure that sells hardware, not software. As such, it's a fantastic selling point during at least the first half of a console's life cycle - and for collectors, of course.*

If I didn't have to switch consoles, I might have finished "Yakuza 3", 4 and 5 by now. ... Ah, who am I kidding? I hardly find the time to slog through "Yakuza 6". I probably wouldn't fire up any PS2 or even PS1 games, either, even though I still have some of them sitting on my "to finish" shelf (forgive me, Silmeria!).

On topic, though: I doubt we'll be seeing the PS5 before late 2020. At the moment, Sony is sitting comfortably in the lead (yes, this includes the Switch), and Microsoft missed the opportunity to disrupt Sony's run with an affordable X.B.O.X.

*) We still have one working fat PS3 testkit that plays all games for PS1, PS2 and PS3, US, Europe, Japan and Beta builds. I think that's kind of cool.