Final Fantasy XIV:...
Last post by ashikenshin
Today 05:33 PM
7 Replies, 622 Views
» Promotion

Old 05-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #241
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

As much as the server issues have been pissing me off, I was expecting them. Just makes me know to never pick up a new Blizzard title at launch and to wait a few weeks.

I was however able to get to Nightmare on day. I'm currently, and slowly, starting up Act 3. I'm immensely enjoying the game as well as my friends. The issues suck, but it really hasn't been affecting my gameplay time after the first day.

Now I need these six hours of work to quickly pass by so I can resume my conquest to Inferno.
Metal Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #242
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

^^I've seen you slugging away. Sick bastard!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:32 AM   #243
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

I wouldn't even call that slugging away. A few buddies are already marching their way through Hell mode as I type this. Granted I also didn't take the week off to play Diablo 3... just Tuesday.

I have a lot of free time on my hands, so Diablo is a nice filler to suck up a lot of time I'd already be wasting indoors. That and I'd like to be all caught up with buddies for end-gaming fun.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:33 AM   #244
Duskfire
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
People don't pay monthly anymore... because MMOs are on the way out. D3 has to compete with the likes of Firefall, Guild Wars 2, and Torchlight 2 so they better be on their game. Sadly, they were not.
If Guild Wars had anywhere near the number of people logging in at launch as Diablo did, they too would have server problems.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #245
Samstag
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfire View Post
If Guild Wars had anywhere near the number of people logging in at launch as Diablo did, they too would have server problems.
If Torchlight 2 has anywhere near the number of people logging in as D3 did, I'll still be able to play the single player campaign.
Samstag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #246
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samstag View Post
If Torchlight 2 has anywhere near the number of people logging in as D3 did, I'll still be able to play the single player campaign.
Anytime, anywhere, no internet needed. Just another win for Torchlight
Old 05-23-2012, 03:17 AM   #247
Anenome
Autarchist

Burn, baby, burn!
Anenome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:32 AM   #248
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

I guess I'm one of the few people who just doesn't really care for Torchlight? Diablo is running just fine for me. Sure there were issues, but any game of this size is going to have them, and they were addressed quickly.

Then again, I have no desire also to play a single-player loot game.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #249
phantomhitman
Evil Dead

Game is still having huge lag spikes, server disconnects, normal auction house issues, as well as pretty glaring balance problems in later stages (single player I can blow through mobs/bosses but add one person to the party and its grave running for 5 minutes until we kill a yellow mob).
It is a somewhat solid game that is hampered by many smaller issues. I want to like it, I really do.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:17 AM   #250
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

Well they're working on getting everything in running order. Sure it sucks, but with the track record they do have, I'm confident it will be all fixed out in upcoming patches.

Even with these issues now, I'm still not having much problems running through the game. Occasional disconnects happen, but maybe only 2-3 times over the week (Well when there weren't server issues).

Diablo/Starcraft/Warcraft are all games I know I'll still be playing 5-10 years down the road like I've always done.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #251
vallor
Evil Dead

Did they seriously bring Diablo down yesterday because it was WoW maintenance day? They apparently did yesterday but I don't know if that was for launch type server maintenance or because it was WoW patch Tuesday. If they are it seems like complete silliness to me.

A single-player game that goes kaput every Tuesday because an MMO needs a patch? More downfalls of the online-only BS.

Anyone know the route to go through to get a refund? Last I heard you couldn't get it from Blizz but I'm going to call them up again. Just to be clear I'm not GRRR-RAGEING! I'm more facepalming. I don't need to put up with even more shit to play what should be a "single-player with Join in Progress co-op" games I buy... I'm just exhausted with this whole thing and I want off the boat. Besides, it isn't THAT good a game. Good, but not the second coming the reviews would have you believe.

The problem is that I got it from my 12 month WoW pass and I doubt they'd refund that whole thing to me.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #252
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Did they seriously bring Diablo down yesterday because it was WoW maintenance day? They apparently did yesterday but I don't know if that was for launch type server maintenance or because it was WoW patch Tuesday. If they are it seems like complete silliness to me.

A single-player game that goes kaput every Tuesday because an MMO needs a patch? More downfalls of the online-only BS.

Anyone know the route to go through to get a refund? Last I heard you couldn't get it from Blizz but I'm going to call them up again. Just to be clear I'm not GRRR-RAGEING! I'm more facepalming. I don't need to put up with even more shit to play the games I buy... I'm just exhausted with this whole thing and I want off the boat. Besides, it isn't THAT good a game. Good, but not the second coming the reviews would have you believe.
Wow, if this is true and every tuesday, you can't play Diablo because of WoW server maintenance, it would be epic to watch the shit storm. Watching Diablo and Blizzard crash and burn is getting more epic by the day. I will be honest, the day this came out and everyone was talking about it, I felt left out, I wanted the game. Now, with all the shenanigans, I am glad I am not picking it up and I have no desire to either.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #253
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

When was it down yesterday? I was around from about 12pm EST until 11pm at night with no issues whatsoever?
Old 05-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #254
vallor
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Khaos View Post
When was it down yesterday? I was around from about 12pm EST until 11pm at night with no issues whatsoever?
Typical maintenance window for WoW is 2AM or 3AM PDT - 6AM - 9AM PDT. All depends on the size of the patch/update for the week. I'm not sure if D3 was down, if it was down to fix another D3 problem, or if it was down (assuming it was down at all) because all of battle.net has to go down for WoW maintenance. I wonder what happens to SC2 during these times; D3 probably follows the same model.

A slow time for North America, but there is still worldwide impact.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #255
phantomhitman
Evil Dead

It was indeed down for fixes, hotfixes, that they didnt warn the community about. There are a LOT of pissed off diablo fans in the forums right now because of the hotfixes and because of the lack of information from Blizzard before implementing these hotfixes.

Im trying to find the blue post about them admitting they fucked up and that they will try to announce changes in the future to no avail.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #256
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomhitman View Post
It was indeed down for fixes, hotfixes, that they didnt warn the community about. There are a LOT of pissed off diablo fans in the forums right now because of the hotfixes and because of the lack of information from Blizzard before implementing these hotfixes.

Im trying to find the blue post about them admitting they fucked up and that they will try to announce changes in the future to no avail.
As much as it isn't fair that they weren't given warning, people were pissed off that you couldn't run the installer the day before RIGHT at 11am EST. They're pissed off about anything not going right.

Quote:
Typical maintenance window for WoW is 2AM or 3AM PDT - 6AM - 9AM PDT. All depends on the size of the patch/update for the week. I'm not sure if D3 was down, if it was down to fix another D3 problem, or if it was down (assuming it was down at all) because all of battle.net has to go down for WoW maintenance. I wonder what happens to SC2 during these times; D3 probably follows the same model.

A slow time for North America, but there is still worldwide impact.
Well, if they have to bring down everything when they update WoW then they just created a massive retarded mess. WoW SHOULD be an independent service (at least patching and whatnot). I'm at least hoping they're a LITTLE smarter than that. =\
Old 05-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #257
phantomhitman
Evil Dead

People are going ballistic in the official forums right now. There are a ton of people getting hacked, among them.....PC GAMER What is absolutely killing me righ tnow is the Diablo fanboys defending Blizzard and saying "get authenticators" without even knowing they dont stop these hacks. Reminds me a lot of religion.....

Fix your shit Blizz
Old 05-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #258
Jotoco
Evil Dead

WTF?!?!?!

I buy this game 2 weeks after launch and all I get is error 37? Fuck this, Blizzard! Get your shit together.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #259
Jotoco
Evil Dead

After trying a dozen times it says my account is locked? WTF?!?!?!

Have I been hacked EVEN BEFORE LOGING FOR THE FIRST TIME?!?!?!?

Now this is just great
Old 05-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #260
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotoco View Post
After trying a dozen times it says my account is locked? WTF?!?!?!

Have I been hacked EVEN BEFORE LOGING FOR THE FIRST TIME?!?!?!?

Now this is just great
That sucks man! Hopefully Blizzard will fix it fast for you.

This game is still a clusterfuck. Two weeks after release and there's still some loot lag. Fuck You Blizzard.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard entertainment, diablo iii