Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by LostToys
Today 11:45 AM
2 Replies, 115 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 10:49 AM
2 Replies, 126 Views
God of War Accolades...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 10:47 AM
3 Replies, 317 Views
Deadpool 2: The Final...
Last post by Mad Max RW
Today 10:32 AM
10 Replies, 880 Views
The Walking Dead Season...
Last post by Mad Max RW
Today 10:30 AM
8 Replies, 596 Views
Survival Horror Agony...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 10:01 AM
1 Replies, 127 Views
God of War Reviews
Last post by Booda
Today 08:16 AM
37 Replies, 3,141 Views
Steven Spielberg to make...
Last post by Cranium
Today 05:41 AM
11 Replies, 987 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
LilBunnyFuFu
Evil Dead
 
LilBunnyFuFu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 779
Castle Crashers coming to Steam


The official page is down right now, but there is a forum post outlining it all for us.

Some of the features for the PC release:
Quote:
Integrated voice chat
Steam Achievements
Gamepad support
Steam Cloud Support
Local and Online Multiplayer
I really don't know what took so long. This has seemed like a no-brainer for years... I'll keep my fingers crossed for WorkShop support.
LilBunnyFuFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:07 AM   #2
Mav
Moderator & Nerd For Life
 
Mav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,557
Blog Entries: 51
I've always wanted to play this, heard many good things about it but not a console fan. Wonder what the pricing will look like, hopefully $10 or less.
__________________
EvAv iOS Game Reviews - My regular iOS game reviews
RedShirtArmy.com - Various Gaming Podcasts
Xfire mavgeek
Raptr mavgeek
Twitter @Maverickroll
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:15 AM   #3
LilBunnyFuFu
Evil Dead
 
LilBunnyFuFu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 779
The game hasn't been a significant source of money for them in quite some time, I could see a $15 price tag like it is on XBLA right now, with some assorted DLC included and more to buy. Possibly a Castle Crashers Complete Pack for $20. Since they don't have anything else in the pipeline and are likely still trying to fund their new game, I don't see them letting this go for too cheap.
__________________
-didn't ever wanna not live forever
LilBunnyFuFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #4
lockwoodx
Photobomber
 
lockwoodx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: on tap
Posts: 23,709
Blog Entries: 2
This would make a nice stocking stuffer over the holidays but no way I'm getting this full retail when I've played it to death already.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectVoid View Post
I had no idea he was posting awesome stuff that would get the ads cancelled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #5
Demo_Boy
@DemoEvolved on Twitter
 
Demo_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,758
Blog Entries: 7
Sure why not. But the right price for this old game is a GOTY edition for 9.99.

Lets remember this has been out for years.
Demo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
Rommel
International Playboy
 
Rommel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,160
1. Cool, will it have a full match-making service through Steam, or will I have to invite my own friends who hopefully have copies of a several year old game ported from consoles?
2. Port Guardian Heroes.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:55 AM   #7
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBunnyFuFu View Post
I really don't know what took so long. This has seemed like a no-brainer for years... I'll keep my fingers crossed for WorkShop support.
Behemoth is a small team that is also trying to wrap up a new game; when you have limited resources and various exclusivity contracts(look how long it too to get the game on the PSN, mind you) tying your hands, porting can take longer than some would deem necessary.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #8
Rommel
International Playboy
 
Rommel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Behemoth is a small team that is also trying to wrap up a new game; when you have limited resources and various exclusivity contracts(look how long it too to get the game on the PSN, mind you) tying your hands, porting can take longer than some would deem necessary.
Opening new markets should be in the top 3 goals of any company.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #9
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Opening new markets should be in the top 3 goals of any company.
And in the case of small developers, completing new projects and getting them out for sale should be in the top two goals.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #10
Rommel
International Playboy
 
Rommel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
And in the case of small developers, completing new projects and getting them out for sale should be in the top two goals.
I would put selling my product above making my product. Most companies do.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #11
lockwoodx
Photobomber
 
lockwoodx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: on tap
Posts: 23,709
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
I would put selling my product above making my product. Most companies do.
Sell now patch later!!! No wonder the industry is imploding.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectVoid View Post
I had no idea he was posting awesome stuff that would get the ads cancelled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #12
uroboros33
Soul Reaper
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
Sell now patch later!!! No wonder the industry is imploding.
In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.
uroboros33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #13
lockwoodx
Photobomber
 
lockwoodx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: on tap
Posts: 23,709
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by uroboros33 View Post
In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectVoid View Post
I had no idea he was posting awesome stuff that would get the ads cancelled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #14
Rommel
International Playboy
 
Rommel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
Sell now patch later!!! No wonder the industry is imploding.
Except this is a case of a finished game, made in easily ported Flash no less, that could have become a revenue stream as soon as any exclusive agreement with MS wore off. Soooo ...
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #15
LilBunnyFuFu
Evil Dead
 
LilBunnyFuFu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Except this is a case of a finished game, made in easily ported Flash no less, that could have become a revenue stream as soon as any exclusive agreement with MS wore off. Soooo ...
My thoughts exactly. These guys are from NewGrounds, a PC port should have been in the cards from the beginning...
__________________
-didn't ever wanna not live forever
LilBunnyFuFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #16
Larnek
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, Co
Posts: 333
^^ See again the exclusivity contract. As a small developer they took the money that exclusivity brought, so sucked it up and dealt with what they had to for the next 2-3 years.
__________________
Gamertag: JMKennedy
360 Playing: Broken disc drives.
Larnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:22 AM   #17
LilBunnyFuFu
Evil Dead
 
LilBunnyFuFu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larnek View Post
^^ See again the exclusivity contract. As a small developer they took the money that exclusivity brought, so sucked it up and dealt with what they had to for the next 2-3 years.
Yeah, but it's been on the PSN for what? 2 years now? Did Sony have an exclusivity agreement as well?
__________________
-didn't ever wanna not live forever
LilBunnyFuFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:50 PM.