Today 01:38 AM
4 Replies, 333 Views

Old 05-24-2018, 07:53 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Far Cry 5: Hours of Darkness Teaser Trailer - Vietnam DLC

Quote:
Far Cry 5: Hours of Darkness Launches on June 5th

Today, Ubisoft announced Far Cry 5: Hours of Darkness, the first post-launch adventure, will release on June 5th across all platforms. The first DLC will transport players back in time as they play Hope County’s Wendell “Red” Redler, who must find and rescue his fellow squad members from hostile forces during the Vietnam War. Hours of Darkness can be purchased as a standalone DLC or as part of the Far Cry 5 Season Pass and Gold Edition.

Far Cry 5: Hours of Darkness transports players into a war-torn Vietnam as they relive the harrowing experience of Wendell Redler from the main campaign of Far Cry 5. Playable in solo or online co-op, Hours of Darkness transports players from rural Montana to a dangerous jungle where they must rescue imprisoned squad mates, wreak havoc on the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army, and fight to get back home. This first DLC adventure will feature new gear and abilities as well as two different playable modes that will be unlocked after completing Hours of Darkness: Survivor Mode, giving players a limited load out for a more challenging play through, and Action Movie Mode, where a generous load out delivers over-the-top action.

In addition to the DLC, all Far Cry 5 players will have access to new Vietnam-themed assets in Far Cry Arcade available on May 24th with the release of the Vietnam title update. Map builders will be able to integrate these assets into their existing maps or create new maps focused on the Hours of Darkness theme. All future DLCs will also include thematic assets that will be added to Far Cry Arcade for free.

Alongside today’s title update, Ubisoft released the soundtrack for Far Cry 5: Hours of Darkness. Composed by Wade MacNeil (Alexisonfire, Gallows, Black Lungs) and Andrew Gordon Macpherson. Driven by fear, confusion and violence, the music takes us on a journey into the madness of war. With the participation of renowned multi-instrumentalist Kim Uyen Le, Wade and Andrew have created a sound palette that blends traditional Vietnamese instruments with hypnotic, late 60’s psychedelic soundscapes, gritty vintage electronic textures, and pounding rhythmic patterns.

Far Cry 5 post-launch will continue with two new DLC adventures – Lost on Mars and Dead Living Zombies – which will be released this year in July and August. Two additional asset drops will give map builders more tools to create unique Far Cry Arcade experiences. The DLC adventures are available in the Season Pass, or as standalone DLC purchases, while new asset releases for Far Cry Arcade will be available for free to all players.

Set in America, a first for the franchise, Far Cry 5 offers players total freedom to navigate a serene-looking yet deeply twisted world as the new junior deputy of fictional Hope County, Montana. Players will find that their arrival accelerates a years-long silent coup by a fanatical doomsday cult, the Project at Eden's Gate, igniting a violent takeover of the county. Under siege and cut off from the rest of the world, players will join forces with residents of Hope County and form the Resistance. Far Cry 5 will continue to receive premium DLC adventures available in the Season Pass as well as free content including new Far Cry Arcade assets and in-game live events following the launch.

For more information about Far Cry 5, please visit farcry.com.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:03 PM   #2
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Fuck yeah, this looks badass. Far Cry 5 is such a great game, I can't stop playing it. I also like Vietnam war era fiction, and there aren't enough good Vietnam war games. I bought the season pass when I saw they were making this, so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Go Against the Flow.

Xbox/Steam: Inkabodcrane
Current rig: i7 6700, GTX 1080 ti, 32 gb DDR4
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:48 PM   #3
Skookum
Reaper

I really want to know how many hours of gameplay this represents. Hoping it's at least 10.
Skookum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
far cry 5