Last post by vallor
Today 08:58 AM
2 Replies, 175 Views

Old 03-12-2019, 09:36 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The Elder Scrolls Online: Wrathstone Trailer

Quote:
The Season of the Dragon begins! Start a year-long, interconnected adventure that continues through the upcoming Elsweyr Chapter and beyond in Wrathstone, the latest DLC game pack for The Elder Scrolls Online. Traverse the glacial rifts of Frostvault and explore a sunken Ayleid city in Depths of Malatar as you search for both halves of the ancient and mysterious Wrathstone tablet in two challenging new dungeons. The Wrathstone DLC game pack is now available on PlayStation 4.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:36 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:31 PM   #3
wunshot
Subscriber

Hey every month or two when I come to EA, it auto bounces me into the forums. I have to spam my bookmark link repeatedly until it finally rests on the front page. This happen to anyone else?
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:12 PM   #4
LostToys
Evil Dead

Yeah, happens to me all the time too.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:26 PM   #5
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

The robot chicken was awesome!
Old 03-13-2019, 03:08 AM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
Hey every month or two when I come to EA, it auto bounces me into the forums. I have to spam my bookmark link repeatedly until it finally rests on the front page. This happen to anyone else?
It is either a cookie issue or an issue with one of the ads. It happens a lot to some people. I use Chrome and I donít seem to run into it much (and I donít block ads on this page).
Old 03-13-2019, 05:22 AM   #7
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
It is either a cookie issue or an issue with one of the ads. It happens a lot to some people. I use Chrome and I donít seem to run into it much (and I donít block ads on this page).
I had this with the old (12.18) Opera browser, which eventually made me give up and switch to new Opera and Vivaldi. No problems since then, but I do miss advanced features like "Reload page every XY minutes" selectively blocking content, integrated mail reader, dragging oversized images, user/author mode et al. Damn, they don't make web browsers like that anymore...
Old 03-13-2019, 07:06 AM   #8
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

I just want a new single player game. I wouldn't mind some co-op option like in Boarderlands.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:15 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
I just want a new single player game. I wouldn't mind some co-op option like in Boarderlands.
I broke down and bought the game. It was $16 for Morrowind on Amazon and Bethesda gave me a code for the expansion!

I've been meaning to try this one forever. I played in the beta and it wasn't that impressive, but the stuff I see posted online now looks pretty great.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:30 AM   #10
AlfredT
Evil Dead

I like this game, but everytime there is a fucking expansion, the updates fuck up the game, and I have to reinstall.

And the reinstall is no bueno. The combination of steam throttling with the natural shitty nature of my ISP makes its a hassle.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:51 AM   #11
wunshot
Subscriber

I don't know...maybe it's just me, but I think this looks like it was made in 2009, not 2019. I guess I just have mmo fatigue, but the last thing I want to do is have to make new friends with a bunch of randos just to tackle some bootsy looking end game content...
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:44 PM   #12
CthulhuFan
Squire

ESO ... I waited some time also. It is like some unholy marriage between single player and MMO rubbish.

I recently picked it up and started playing; start Syeda Neen. All the fucking quests are voice acted and scripted well. There are trash MMO elements to the game like the fucking inventory ... but it's just literally just story after story after story and well written shit.

I don't have any fucking interest in end game PVP or dumb ass boss raids and I am having an absolute blast with this game. You can totally 'group' up with other plebs while doing certain boss stuff and never have to talk to a soul.

Lore is off the chart.

The crafting bag, gathering and storage is where they fuck you. But how can you call it getting fucked when you have to get lewt to pay for server / network bandwidth to host all the cunts that want everything for free.

Other interesting things are dialing things back to three stats: health, stam and magicka ... I don't know, there are some dumb ass MMO tropes but ... give it a try, it's better than you would expect I'll wager.
CthulhuFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:08 PM   #13
CthulhuFan
Squire

Biggest problem for me is the respawning MOBs. As a lore cuck, it sucks reading shit and having MOBs respawn around you.

For example; I'm a Dark Brotherhood asshole. Get all up in somebodies shit, waste the guards and spend some time going through the bookshelves and loose documents only to have those fuckers re-spawn while you're trying to read page two .. that kind of MMO crap is not fun.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:01 AM   #14
NESter the Unlikely
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
Every time the time changes.

When it happens there is always something at the end of the landed URL like =dst, and the only way I can clear the issue to let me back to the front page is by loading the forums with nothing following /forums in the URL.
NESter the Unlikely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:59 AM   #15
Azzy
Cthulian

"The past, they say, died long ago."
That's the first line of this video.
That's exactly the kind of shit that AI will be writing when it auto generates game trailers for us.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:23 AM   #16
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

My Morrowind copy arrives today. I will have a few hours to play tonight.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:35 AM   #17
AlfredT
Evil Dead

If you get the ESO plus.. but decide to play regular unsub eso.. MOVE YOUR SHIT OUT OF YOUR CRAFTING BAG.

Seriously, you don't have access to the materials (the bag) if you get off ESO plus. So if you farm mats to craft etc., you're fucked until you pay them again.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:45 PM   #18
CthulhuFan
Squire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredT View Post
If you get the ESO plus.. but decide to play regular unsub eso.. MOVE YOUR SHIT OUT OF YOUR CRAFTING BAG.

Seriously, you don't have access to the materials (the bag) if you get off ESO plus. So if you farm mats to craft etc., you're fucked until you pay them again.
No. If you unsub, you keep all the shit in your crafting bag, you just can no longer add to it. See the FAQ/KB.

Last edited by CthulhuFan; 03-15-2019 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: Removed jerky language.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:55 PM   #19
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

69 GB patch download! See you in an hour.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:09 AM   #20
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CthulhuFan View Post
No. If you unsub, you keep all the shit in your crafting bag, you just can no longer add to it. See the FAQ/KB.
Oh thank god they made this change. When my eso plus expired the first time I couldn't retrieve stuff out of the CB. At least thats no longer a thing now.

Tags
the elder scrolls online