Last post by vallor
Yesterday 11:26 PM
19 Replies, 1,377 Views

Old 02-09-2019, 02:28 PM   #21
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
Played it. It's...The Division and more of it. Oh yay. Rather play anthem than division 1.5.
To each their own, I though the anthem demo was trash. But I actually enjoyed The Division. More so after the year it took them to get the game in a decent state.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:19 PM   #22
Azzy
Cthulian

I never played the first one. I'm in the beta for this one and it's fun.
I'll drop it like a neighbor's dead cat as soon as Anthem launches though.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:55 AM   #23
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

So with the Division 2 and Uplay and all the crap going on about Epic's Store vs. Publisher's stores and so on I decided to take advantage of some of the Lunar specials and buy Far Cry 5 which is massively discounted.

Since I know Steam takes 30% off the top I figured I would buy it on UPlay so Ubi got all the money, despite all the advantages that come from having it on Steam. However, after 10 hours the game did not show up in my library. So off to customer service I go.

Well it turns out that it can take up to 24 hours for a transaction to process on UPlay before you get to play your game. Which is a bunch of bullshit. And not only can Ubisoft Customer Service not grant the title to your account despite having a receipt and other proof of the transaction but they can't process a refund either. Basically they are worthless. It also takes 24 hours for the "e-commerce" team to reply to a refund request.

What a horrible experience. I will NEVER buy from a stand-alone publisher purchase portal again if I have the opportunity to buy from a regular digital storefont again. If Ubi wants to keep their share of money they had best make sure they deserve it. If I had bought it off Steam (where it is actually a few pennies cheaper!) I would have had it installed already, had access to all my Steam friends and Achievements, auto-updates, and all sorts of functionality UPlay is missing.

So, my warning is don't buy The Division 2 (or anything else for that matter) off UPlay. Buy it from the Epic Store because UPlay is a garbage store. Or buy it off Steam once the timed exclusivity runs out.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:47 AM   #24
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Vallor have never had that issue purchasing from uplay. That's pretty fucked up sorry to hear it.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:34 AM   #25
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I'm taking it as a whole, it's not like the first game's missions were stellar story telling, it's a shooter looter. Imo the story here at least the setting is far better than say the nonsense that is something like Borderlands story wise. The animations are far better, the gun play feels better imo, kinda important in a shooter. The perks system imo is also better, being able to have both a turret and a seeker mine along with being able to add mods to that turret and seeker mine is an improvement. Overall? It's a much improved Division title. If that means it's 1.5 in your book? Fine, I think the overall experience and gun play is much better than it was in the first game. I think the map design is smarter both in and out of the missions as well. But that might be just me.
That's a fair summary. I loved it....once the full game comes out we should get some EA groups together and go mop up the DZ.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:04 AM   #26
Booda
Beam another Blast

I'm one of the lucky ones that registered for the private beta awhile back ago. I then pre-purchased on the Ubisoft Store about a month ago which is supposed to automatically give you access to the private beta.

Apparently, those two things are conflicting with one another so it would appear I'm out. Pretty large oversight on Ubisoft's part.

Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:21 AM   #27
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Going to try the incursion today since I've finished all the regular stuff but yah, so far this is just Division 1.5 for me.

Might be worth a 50% off purchase, but meh, nothing in it for me to get excited about.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:34 PM   #28
thatlukeguy
Evil Dead

Is there a way to temporarily disable the "Incoming call from Agent needing assistance" thing? Although I like how smoothly you can team up for some fun co-op, I feel like it is causing me to be unable to move along in the story missions.
thatlukeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:32 AM   #29
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatlukeguy View Post
Is there a way to temporarily disable the "Incoming call from Agent needing assistance" thing? Although I like how smoothly you can team up for some fun co-op, I feel like it is causing me to be unable to move along in the story missions.
Yes, it was on the map page where you choose which agent to assist.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:07 AM   #30
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

There are a lot of little changes to the game that have some pretty big effects. Side missions are no longer just cutting and pasting the same 4 or 5 side missions all over the map. They each have their own area and are longer than Division 1.

The friendly faction control points are an interesting mechanic. You can call in the friendly faction to help you take control of the point. Once they have it there are additional effects for you when playing in the area. Longer site range for loot, Patrols of friendly forces in the area, etc. Control points need to be restocked. Which i am assuming is for max level. At max level a new enemy group invades the map. And part of the end game is fighting them off.

The enemy drones are a real pain in the ass. I do a lot of playing solo. Running missions that have two of the engineers/drone operators is pretty challenging. Particularly combined with the new grenade mechanics. Grenades no longer land and give you a few seconds to dodge. Instead grenades will go off as soon as they land. Though if your good enough you can shoot them to set them off mid-air.

Equipment and Weapon mods are now un-lockable items. Rather than having to try and get the perfect scope for a new weapon. You can permanently unlock a mod and always having from that point forward.

Bullet spongy enemies. There are some, but this isn't the typical Battlefield/COD type game. This is more in the same genre as Destiny, Warframe, Borderlands or Anthem. To get better gear necessitates that you have enemies that are harder to kill. Yes i get that it feels weird in an almost "real world" type simulation.

Healing has changed. You have a drone that can heal and that's about it. They changed instead to an armor mechanic. You have essentially armor replacement kits. Which take a few seconds to apply. I like this much better than the Division 1 mechanics.

I didn't try any dark zone other than the intro mission. Which doesn't have any actual players in it.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:57 AM   #31
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
There are a lot of little changes to the game that have some pretty big effects. Side missions are no longer just cutting and pasting the same 4 or 5 side missions all over the map. They each have their own area and are longer than Division 1.

The friendly faction control points are an interesting mechanic. You can call in the friendly faction to help you take control of the point. Once they have it there are additional effects for you when playing in the area. Longer site range for loot, Patrols of friendly forces in the area, etc. Control points need to be restocked. Which i am assuming is for max level. At max level a new enemy group invades the map. And part of the end game is fighting them off.

The enemy drones are a real pain in the ass. I do a lot of playing solo. Running missions that have two of the engineers/drone operators is pretty challenging. Particularly combined with the new grenade mechanics. Grenades no longer land and give you a few seconds to dodge. Instead grenades will go off as soon as they land. Though if your good enough you can shoot them to set them off mid-air.

Equipment and Weapon mods are now un-lockable items. Rather than having to try and get the perfect scope for a new weapon. You can permanently unlock a mod and always having from that point forward.

Bullet spongy enemies. There are some, but this isn't the typical Battlefield/COD type game. This is more in the same genre as Destiny, Warframe, Borderlands or Anthem. To get better gear necessitates that you have enemies that are harder to kill. Yes i get that it feels weird in an almost "real world" type simulation.

Healing has changed. You have a drone that can heal and that's about it. They changed instead to an armor mechanic. You have essentially armor replacement kits. Which take a few seconds to apply. I like this much better than the Division 1 mechanics.

I didn't try any dark zone other than the intro mission. Which doesn't have any actual players in it.
Man all those changes, the majority of them major improvements over The Division, along with better animations, more choices in skills overall a better designed perk system, man its totally just The Division 1.5!!!
Old 02-14-2019, 08:31 AM   #32
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

I don't think any of those changes are "major", more like minor QoL stuff and even with all those changes I don't think this is a release purchase for me. I played a ton of the first one, but I didn't really have much fun playing the beta here.

More than that, the way signature weapons and their ammo works is absolutely terrible. The set-up for them now promotes the Sharpshooter over everything, especially on higher difficulties.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:06 AM   #33
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
I don't think any of those changes are "major", more like minor QoL stuff and even with all those changes I don't think this is a release purchase for me. I played a ton of the first one, but I didn't really have much fun playing the beta here.

More than that, the way signature weapons and their ammo works is absolutely terrible. The set-up for them now promotes the Sharpshooter over everything, especially on higher difficulties.
Best stick to Desttiny 1.5 now with Jet Packs edition.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:14 AM   #34
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Best stick to Desttiny 1.5 now with Jet Packs edition.
Well it's more like Diablo, but sure. I'll play Destiny 1.5 with jetpacks, and you can play Division 1.5 without jetpacks.

I know which one sounds more interesting.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:32 AM   #35
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Well it's more like Diablo, but sure. I'll play Destiny 1.5 with jetptacks, and you can play Division 1.5 without jetpacks.

I know which one sounds more interesting.
Diablo games drop loot. Anthem doesn't do that well either. No dialogue options, forced grouping. Yeah enjoy you shitty destiny clone. Bioware is done. Only took Electronic Arts less than a decade.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:55 AM   #36
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Diablo games drop loot. Anthem doesn't do that well either. No dialogue options, forced grouping. Yeah enjoy you shitty destiny clone. Bioware is done. Only took Electronic Arts less than a decade.
And for each of those there are equally valid concerns about Division. Hell I'll likely grab both, I just won't be getting Division at launch. I just don't see a reason to as the gameplay wasn't interesting enough to pay full price.

You clearly feel different about it and that's fine. But I think it needs a few changes for sure.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:07 AM   #37
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
And for each of those there are equally valid concerns about Division. Hell I'll likely grab both, I just won't be getting Division at launch. I just don't see a reason to as the gameplay wasn't interesting enough to pay full price.

You clearly feel different about it and that's fine. But I think it needs a few changes for sure.
I do I played a ton of TD at launch and went back to it after they finally got the game to a good place about a year or so after. To me it's really night and day how much better across the board the Private beta felt a month out from release. In comparison I had hoped I'd like Anthem but it was the opposite, I didn't at all. Again obviously to each their own, I just found it a bit insulting to see The Division 2 labeled as merely a minor update because it's really not.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:25 AM   #38
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Quote:
I just found it a bit insulting to see The Division 2 labeled as merely a minor update because it's really not.
You.. you felt personally insulted? Theyre using the exact same engine. They probably started making this game within 3 months of the launch of the first. It's a dlc at best.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:54 AM   #39
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot View Post
You.. you felt personally insulted? Theyre using the exact same engine. They probably started making this game within 3 months of the launch of the first. It's a dlc at best.
Snowdrop is an in house engine. A damn good looking one at that visually, lighting features and scalability wise. What should they have done start from scratch? lol DLC some of you guys truly are ridiculous in how you look at game development.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:18 AM   #40
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Again obviously to each their own, I just found it a bit insulting to see The Division 2 labeled as merely a minor update because it's really not.
Yah but that's the same argument Destiny 2 fans said when people called it Destiny 1.5. It's the same stuff all around really. I want new experiences and Division just didn't seem to be offering that up, nothing wrong with it, just not full price material.

I get that they're limited by the theme they've chosen, but that's sort of what I mean. There's really only so far they can take it, and I certainly didn't find the story in the first one to be compelling enough to hang a game off (hell, I barely remember what it was and can't recall any named characters at all).

Tags
the division 2