Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Borderlands 3 So Happy...
Last post by Sir_Smokes_Alot
Today 08:12 AM
2 Replies, 53 Views
The King's Man Teaser...
Last post by PatrickRes9
Today 08:02 AM
7 Replies, 329 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 05:59 AM
17 Replies, 697 Views
Spider-Man Swings into...
Last post by excalibur1814
Today 12:43 AM
3 Replies, 251 Views
Nintendo Announces the...
Last post by LostToys
Yesterday 07:15 PM
45 Replies, 1,853 Views
PlayStation Classic...
Last post by Sensei-X
Yesterday 04:34 PM
0 Replies, 146 Views
GreedFall Release Date...
Last post by ElektroDragon
Yesterday 04:15 PM
8 Replies, 723 Views
The Dark Pictures...
Last post by ElektroDragon
Yesterday 09:17 AM
4 Replies, 532 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2019, 06:44 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 34,823
Blog Entries: 20
Midway Teaser Trailer — Ed Skrein, Patrick Wilson, Nick Jonas


Quote:
Midway — In theaters November 8, 2019. Ed Skrein, Patrick Wilson, Luke Evans, Aaron Eckhart, Nick Jonas, Etsushi Toyokawa, Tadanobu Asano, Luke Kleintank, Jun Kunimura, Darren Criss, Keean Johnson, Alexander Ludwig, with Mandy Moore, Dennis Quaid and Woody Harrelson.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:44 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 34,823
Blog Entries: 20
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:12 PM   #3
Chief Smash
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 4,129
Man I hope this is good. This era had the coolest war planes ever to fly.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:15 PM   #4
RAV
Soul Reaper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 202
There is this history channel that analyzes these battles, and it's super interesting and engaging to watch.

RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:43 PM   #5
DingBat
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Man I hope this is good. This era had the coolest war planes ever to fly.
The trailer LOOKS like a complete redo of the 1976 movie. Not that that's a bad thing.

I remember that movie playing in a local theater with sensuround. We came out of there shell shocked.
DingBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:00 AM   #6
Scherge
Evil Dead
 
Scherge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,455
But where's Ben Affleck???
__________________
Buying games and playing games are two different hobbies.
Scherge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:37 AM   #7
Nowyn
Dread Lord
 
Nowyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
There is this history channel that analyzes these battles, and it's super interesting and engaging to watch.


This.

I loved this guys take on it. So explains as to how actually screwed the Japanese were and how fortune of war was truly with the Americans. Like this guy explains, if the japanese had just a hour or so of more time to breathe, the outcome would have been very different.

I'm hoping this one is better than Pearl Harbor. That was a BS movie.
Nowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:37 AM   #8
Meusli
Subscriber
 
Meusli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: England
Posts: 3,494
I play far to many flight sims etc to enjoy movies like this, I just sit there spotting inaccuracies all the while pissing myself off. Sometimes being dumb on a subject is better.
__________________
Steam ID: Meusli
Gamertag: Meusli
Meusli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:22 AM   #9
Chief Smash
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 4,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli View Post
I play far to many flight sims etc to enjoy movies like this, I just sit there spotting inaccuracies all the while pissing myself off. Sometimes being dumb on a subject is better.
Yeah it does help. But at the same time I just love seeing these planes in modern movies. I grew up about 10 minutes from where they used to make the F-4U Corsair which is easily my favorite plane of all time. They had a celebration there a few years back and they had about 4 or 5 of them doing flybys and the sounds of that big radial engine was awesome. If I'm not mistaken though, the Corsair was not at Midway but I thought I spotted them in the trailer.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:31 AM   #10
Meusli
Subscriber
 
Meusli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: England
Posts: 3,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Yeah it does help. But at the same time I just love seeing these planes in modern movies. I grew up about 10 minutes from where they used to make the F-4U Corsair which is easily my favorite plane of all time. They had a celebration there a few years back and they had about 4 or 5 of them doing flybys and the sounds of that big radial engine was awesome. If I'm not mistaken though, the Corsair was not at Midway but I thought I spotted them in the trailer.
Definitely not at Midway like you say. I have already spotted loads of silly stuff in the trailer but it will not be as awful as that Checker Tails film. I got especially annoyed with that film when a P-51 destroyed a Cruiser? with its machine guns...

Would love to go to an American Air show. Most of ours in Blighty are European centric with a few American planes here and there. I grew up playing mostly American planes in flight sims so I have a love for them too.
__________________
Steam ID: Meusli
Gamertag: Meusli
Meusli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:37 AM   #11
RAV
Soul Reaper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 202
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:02 AM   #12
AlfredT
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,359
In my Uncle's old estate in North Burma, there is a de-weaponized Japanese Zero still with its original (badly rusted) paint. Once I get settled etc., maybe ill restore it.. or sell it to someone who will.
__________________
There are sharks in the water, and your mangina is bleeding heavily.
AlfredT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:21 AM   #13
Chief Smash
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 4,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli View Post
Definitely not at Midway like you say. I have already spotted loads of silly stuff in the trailer but it will not be as awful as that Checker Tails film. I got especially annoyed with that film when a P-51 destroyed a Cruiser? with its machine guns...

Would love to go to an American Air show. Most of ours in Blighty are European centric with a few American planes here and there. I grew up playing mostly American planes in flight sims so I have a love for them too.
The Corsair show we went to was pretty funny. There were people there who were bored because the planes weren't "doing anything." I guess they expected tricks and stunts until it was explained that they were basically flying museum exhibits. There aren't a lot of them left in the world and a pilot went down with his plane a while back so I think they're pretty cautious these days. They also had a B17 and a Spitfire there as well and it was cool to see a Spitfire flying in person as its a real piece of history. But it doesn't have the rumble of that big radial engine.

If anyone cares, here's some video my brother took from I believe the 2010 show (they did it in 2005 too.) Unfortunately nobody seems to be able to put together the funding to bring these planes back for another show.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:40 PM   #14
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 7,991
Good lord, is it me or does that picture and the still in the main post and Youtube frame for the video look, again, like uncanny valley CGI?

Everything to me these days look like CGI. So much of the movie is CGI already, couldn't they lay off the post-processing on the actors?
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:09 PM   #15
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,175
#GetWokeGoBroke!
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 04:15 AM   #16
walstib
Evil Dead
 
walstib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 313
as soon as i saw “from the director of independence day” i stopped watching.

i’d rather take a crap and stare at that for two hours.
walstib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:54 AM   #17
PacerDawn
Choadwanger
 
PacerDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowyn View Post
I'm hoping this one is better than Pearl Harbor. That was a BS movie.
__________________
Why isn't the word "gullible" in the dictionary?
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:49 AM   #18
Meusli
Subscriber
 
Meusli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: England
Posts: 3,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post

If anyone cares, here's some video my brother took from I believe the 2010 show (they did it in 2005 too.) Unfortunately nobody seems to be able to put together the funding to bring these planes back for another show.
Thanks, will watch that now.
__________________
Steam ID: Meusli
Gamertag: Meusli
Meusli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
midway

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:29 AM.