Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Yesterday 06:04 PM
12 Replies, 484 Views

Old 05-17-2019, 05:40 PM   #21
CthulhuFan
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADxMrMike View Post
Nearly 20 years ago for me. Summer of 98 I got on Sega Heat and played Unreal. Loved the community. Everyone was always there playing and talking shit about how much Heat sucked. haha

Then UT came out and it was glorious. Of course Heat died. Everyone jumped to P2P servers and gamespy.

Loved Deck16 and CTF-Face. Personal favorite was DM-Morbias.

Cliffy-B was some no name guy who made awesome maps. haha
So many good maps and just an epic game (<-yeah, see that? ). I'm not sure what it was but it completely grabbed me over Quake2/3. Combination of great 'feeling' / movement and the weapons were just great. Flak cannon; spray or bomb (jump lob the bomb was tops on my trick list), ASMD when you shoot the orb and it 'splodes and then the RL had 5 options... FIVE!; normal single, normal grenade, charge/multi grenade, charge mutli rocket in horizontal and charge multi rocket in circular ...

Absolutely some of the best PVP memories of my life playing the shit out of UT '99.
CthulhuFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:34 PM   #22
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

20 years ago I was probably playing F-zero N64
,front mission 3 ps1, pokemon on GB.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:26 PM   #23
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

First hour of Rage 2.... verdict is not good. Bad acting, too many cut scenes and weak as heck weapons. Might want to wait for the bargain bin on this one.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:54 AM   #24
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

When at home, I play MK11 mainly on Xbox and PC, and during breaks at work I play MK11 on Switch.

I played a bit of Tetris 99 because until the 19th you can unlock a classic Gameboy skin, graphics, and the classic song. Still a fun game.

MK 11 has been out long enough now that I am tempted to play some PUBG a little bit again. My friend got banned from the game for cheating, except he doesn't cheat. He won't even download movies online, he's straight as an arrow, but they won't acknowledge that they might be wrong and unban him. It's ridiculous.

I've seen people streaming Rage 2 and finishing it on nightmare difficulty in 12 hours. That disappoints me and has made me want to pick it up later when it's on sale.

So far this year the games I've missed are Days Gone, Metro Exodus, and Rage 2. I'll get them eventually.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:30 AM   #25
m.c.
Death Knight

Finally took to installing and play Far Cry 4 + DLCs. Playing at 2014 game in 2019. And CPU temps are still hitting 69 degrees Celcius on my i4790
m.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:33 AM   #26
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
20 Years ago I was playing... Everquest. And I'll be playing it a bit this weekend with a sprinkling of Starcraft and maybe Season 17 of Diablo 3.

I was an OG EQer. March 1999 baby!

Human Paladin for about 20 minutes, for the first day/night cycle when I couldn't see. Then a Half-Elf Paladin. Then a Human Bard (once I could twink myself with a lightstone) and so on.

I eventually settled on a High Elf Enchanter who I had started on September 1999 and over the next almost two years managed to level to 60 by averaging about 6 hours of play per day (120 full days logged on just that character)

I had been maintaining a guild page right when the Luclin expansion started but then I got an invite into the local uberguild and that faded away.

Freeservers still hosts that piece of shit! Young me didn't age well.
Me too. I remember my main was an Ogre SK. This was before there were websites that told you about everything in a game before you experienced it. I was on a pvp server, and I jumped on a raft I found and ended up in Freeport which was owned by the other faction. One of my favorite memories in all of gaming was creeping under the sewers of Freeport with this huge fucking ogre, trying my best to get out of the city before I got killed and lost everything on my corpse (I was too low level to even know what bind on pickup was yet). Hilarious....finally got out and caused one "TRAIN!!!!" after another as I ran from zone to zone looking for my newbie homeland. Hahaha....great times. MMO's these days are all on rails....you'll never get that level of excitement and fear without the brutal punishment that EQ had back in the day.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:34 AM   #27
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
I posted before I read this. Glad I'm not the only one. I felt like quitting before even being SENT to Gunbarrel. I felt like quitting as soon I got my first achievement. Did they just reskin Rage 1? It's not even the same engine so that doesn't make sense. WTF seriously.

Maybe it's one of those games with TERRIBLE intro that grows on you, like Days Gone.

It's almost like they are trying to be Farcry Blood Dragon but failing horribly.
Once again, we're in agreement. It's a trip how bad it is. The trailers looked like Bulletstorm which even in it's original state was a far better game than this trash.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:07 AM   #28
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

After wasting half the day replacing the belts in my lawnmower then waging chemical warfare with a poison ivy invasion I need to blast shit in Doom.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:10 AM   #29
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
Once again, we're in agreement. It's a trip how bad it is. The trailers looked like Bulletstorm which even in it's original state was a far better game than this trash.
Yea, I figured your comments were a bit on the harsh side. Now that I've played it... not so much.

It's pretty much trash. I can't believe this is from the same studio that made Mad Max. That wasn't a AAA game, but it was pretty great and the driving was a blast.

Not even the driving in Rage 2 is any good. It's like WTF happened???

Seems like they rushed this one out to meet some deadline while it was half finished. That whole opening chapter is just weird and out of place.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:28 AM   #30
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Y
Seems like they rushed this one out to meet some deadline while it was half finished. That whole opening chapter is just weird and out of place.
Anything with Bethesda's fingerprints is shit.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 12:24 PM   #31
Robberbaron
Death Knight

I still have the Original Everquest Beta test CD (because at the time trying to download it on dial up was not an option for anyone)

Love that game so much
Robberbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:04 PM   #32
cjrizzo
Reaper

Gosh...20 years ago around this time I was probably playing one or more of the following:
- Super Smash Brothers
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
- Ocarina of Time

This list is interesting 1) because I needed to look up game releases around that time that I was likely playing and 2) it totally neglects anything from PS1 or Saturn, which I most certainly was playing at this point. With Dreamcast only four months away, I was probably ramping down my Saturn play, but I looked at PS1 releases and couldn't see anything that I might have been playing.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:04 PM   #33
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Yea, I figured your comments were a bit on the harsh side. Now that I've played it... not so much.

It's pretty much trash. I can't believe this is from the same studio that made Mad Max. That wasn't a AAA game, but it was pretty great and the driving was a blast.

Not even the driving in Rage 2 is any good. It's like WTF happened???

Bro...i fucking loved Mad Max. Might have been GotY that year for me. I agree....wtf happened? They could have reskinned Mad Max and I would have been ok with it.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:47 PM   #34
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Bro...i fucking loved Mad Max. Might have been GotY that year for me. I agree....wtf happened? They could have reskinned Mad Max and I would have been ok with it.
If they had added a few more weapons and Cars to Mad Max and called it Rage 2, it would have been a totally great game.

I have no idea what happened here. It feels like a game that was rushed out to meet some schedule. Like they just didn't want it to interfere with the release of DOOM Eternal, so they just took whatever they had finished and slapped it into a box.

I think having the two studios working on it ruined it. The Mad Max studio did the driving bits, id did the FPS bits and together it was just crap.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:51 PM   #35
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I gave up on Rage 2 after about two hours of play. It just wasn't getting any better.

I went back to Days Gone. It's all pretty much same/same wherever you go, but the storyline stuff is really interesting and keeps you playing and I do enjoy clearing out nests and hoards when I find them.

Killing off the Zombie Brute at the Airplane was super hard, I died dozens of times. Finally got him mostly by just rolling away, then shooting over and over.

I saw a great EuroGamer video with some more creepy bits from Red Dead Redemption 2 and I think this week I'm going to go and check some of those out.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:45 AM   #36
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
I gave up on Rage 2 after about two hours of play. It just wasn't getting any better.

I went back to Days Gone. It's all pretty much same/same wherever you go, but the storyline stuff is really interesting and keeps you playing and I do enjoy clearing out nests and hoards when I find them.

Killing off the Zombie Brute at the Airplane was super hard, I died dozens of times. Finally got him mostly by just rolling away, then shooting over and over.

I saw a great EuroGamer video with some more creepy bits from Red Dead Redemption 2 and I think this week I'm going to go and check some of those out.

I've played Days Gone for about 2 hours. I actually like it, but I don't feel compelled to play it. Instead I keep playing Division 2 and doing the same shit over and over and over. I just like the "feel" of the game.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:03 AM   #37
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
I've played Days Gone for about 2 hours. I actually like it, but I don't feel compelled to play it. Instead I keep playing Division 2 and doing the same shit over and over and over. I just like the "feel" of the game.
If you start getting creative with the traps, Molotovs and environmental explosives, you can have a blast. It takes a little planning, but it pays off when it all comes together like dominoes.

I was trapping that brute with a bear trap next to an explosive box, then running to the next one, then the next one and at each one I also hit him with a Molotov. He had like a sliver of heath left and I just shot him. You love it when a plan comes together.

Chasing guys down on motorcycles is also a blast, just conserve ammo.