Last post by ElektroDragon
Yesterday 11:00 PM
5 Replies, 446 Views

Old 10-23-2019, 10:21 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Rainbow Six Siege - Doktor's Curse Event Trailer

Quote:
Doc’s disturbing experiments have left Theme Park crawling with monsters. It seems he’s created something more evil than he intended. Experience the Doktor’s Curse Event, a limited-time 5 vs. 5 Monster Hunt now through November 6.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:22 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:27 PM   #3
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Their insane pricing has pretty much killed any desire I had to continue with this game...
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:48 PM   #4
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Their insane pricing has pretty much killed any desire I had to continue with this game...
Yeah, these Year "X" passes at $40 a year seem like they are milking it. It would be better if the content releases were:
1) Geared toward the stuff I like, but they are too uneven in their offerings and
2) Were actually worth the price if it were an expansion pack.

Take the Division 2 Year 1 pass. They've added like 10 WHOLE micro-missions and a couple high end weapons. The only real value is you don't have to go through the quests to unlock the new weapon specializations. And those quests are such bullshit it is clear they are designed to force a "Year 1" pass purchase.

And Siege is years old but the season passes are still expensive as hell to catch up.

For people that like it, fine. It helps fund continuous development. But the best part of discrete expansions is I got to pick what I wanted which was a way to tell the developers they should be working on what *I* the customer wanted. Not giving them free reign to run wild working on pet projects they want to work on which is what Year X passes do. It gives the developer money without any accountability they will use it to make things i want to play, or even that they will use the money properly for development instead of chewing off 75% of the pass income and using it to give the execs big ass bonuses.

I swear, if the Division 2 team wastes any more (of my) money trying to entice people to the Dark Zone as part of the Year 1 pass I will never buy another Division game again, much less a Year X pass. They haven't figured it out yet most people don't want to use the goddamn Dark Zone so stop throwing good money after bad and instead create REAL content instead of the the less than 1 hour of decent content you've created for Year 1.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 03:42 PM   #5
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

The cost is the issue I have. I think more companies should take the Destiny 2 route.

It's in year 3, and now all the year 1 stuff is free and the year 2 is heavily discounted.

I assume once it's in year 4, all the year 1 & 2 stuff will be free, and year 3 will be discounted (we'll see of course).

But they are just making it too costly to try and get back in.

Last edited by Mozain; 10-23-2019 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: Clarity
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rainbow six siege