Yesterday 06:58 PM
18 Replies, 856 Views

Old 10-30-2019, 06:30 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Marvel's Avengers Game Overview Trailer and Latest Details

Quote:
Game Overview Video Delves Deeper Into Marvel’s Avengers

In a new video released today, the Crystal Dynamics development team provides a deeper dive into Marvel’s Avengers gameplay, story, AIM narrative, mission variety, Super Hero customization, and much more.

Marvel’s Avengers offers players a truly rich experience, with a combination of Hero Missions and Warzone Missions. Hero Missions are single-player only and are part of the overall Campaign. These Hero Missions are designed to showcase each hero’s unique abilities as you reassemble them to your growing roster. Warzone Missions can be played solo or with a group of up to four players as any Hero in your roster. Each mission dynamically scales based on the team size and player level.

Players in Marvel’s Avengers will also be able to customize Earth’s Mightiest Heroes in a number of ways. While each Super Hero will play true to their unique power sets, each will have the flexibility to play different based on the gear you equip and the skills you enable. Each hero has dynamic combo systems, Heroic moves, an intrinsic ability, and signature move sets to unlock and customize. You’ll also be able to customize these iconic Super Heroes with classic, fan-favorite, and all-new original outfits inspired by over 80-years of Marvel history.

To ensure a heroic experience for all players, Marvel’s Avengers narrative will progress over multiple years with every new post release Super Hero and region delivered to players at no additional cost if you own the core game.

For more exclusive information on Marvel’s Avengers, head over to the PlayStation Blog now for an exclusive interview with Studio Creative Director at Crystal Dynamics, Noah Hughes.

Finally, in case you missed it, earlier this month we revealed that fan-favorite Kamala Khan, Ms. Marvel, is the latest playable Super Hero in Marvel’s Avengers. Players begin their journey as Kamala Khan and learn the origins of her extraordinary powers. As the story expands, Kamala plays an essential role in bringing the disbanded Avengers back together. As each Super Hero rejoins the roster, players must master their unique abilities, rebuild and customize the team to face increasingly evolving threats only the Avengers together can defeat.

Play the beta first on PS4. Marvel’s Avengers assemble on May 15, 2020.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 06:30 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 06:57 PM   #3
Terran
Evil Dead

So you're forced to play at the start as a character most folks don't really care about. To do what? Satisfy the developer's non-fan-base of critical leftists?

Don't really understand a design decision like that at all from a fan's perspective, but I do from a leftist ideological perspective. Really flawed thinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:07 PM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The art is still just terrible in these screenshots. I wonder if they have time to pull this title together or if they are just going to ship it with bad character designs?
Old 10-30-2019, 07:51 PM   #5
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
So you're forced to play at the start as a character most folks don't really care about. To do what? Satisfy the developer's non-fan-base of critical leftists?

Don't really understand a design decision like that at all from a fan's perspective, but I do from a leftist ideological perspective. Really flawed thinking.
I agree, this is quite literally a virtue signal. Hard pass.

Last edited by PacerDawn; 11-01-2019 at 10:30 AM..
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:41 AM   #6
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Quote:

Just thought I'd log back in to say: you are an old, intellectually dishonest, insane man who makes damn near everything political.

"most folks don't really care about" - You mean you.

"non-fan-base of critical leftists" - Your bullshit.

"I do from a leftst ideological perspective" - you mean your interpretation of it, and a hateful one at that.

We get it. You are hardcore right-wing and a zealous purist in a one-man culture war.

How about this: you got ANYTHING besides your idiotic screeching, the kind that shows your desperate desire for engagement in political fights over these *NON-ISSUES*, to back up *any part* of what you have to say? You know, poll data, evidence, something that isn't part of your fever dream?

Oh, I forgot: you get off on this kind of feedback. It means you are "being effective." Grow the fuck up, you baby.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:38 AM   #7
RAV
Evil Dead

Quote:

Yeah man, so many developers are raging all day long on twitter about their views on politics. They drown in their own hatred towards society and life. They openly talk about how it defines their game design choices, how they want to use games as a means towards social ends. And It's always very angry and resentful. And so are their products. While somehow pretending they are about promoting peace and understanding. I mean they openly say people that don't like their decisions are not their customer base. So it is very easy to do them that favour and not be customers. It's good that their shit gets exposed and discussed. Good job.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:42 AM   #8
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

"I like to jump into threads on games I will never play to sound off and express my toxic opinions on the way creative entertainment SHOULD be!"

Fucking fascist. Here's a comment of substance to dab some of those tears of yours: it looks like Khan's only there for the beginning section of the game, at which point it opens up and you get to play all your OG White Power Fantasies with a side helping of femme fatale to sate that thirst.

Are you going to complain next that any story involving the X-men spends way too much time on the plight of minority groups and their experience with bigots?

I'm done.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:01 AM   #9
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
"I like to jump into threads on games I will never play to sound off and express my toxic opinions on the way creative entertainment SHOULD be!"

Fucking fascist. Here's a comment of substance to dab some of those tears of yours: it looks like Khan's only there for the beginning section of the game, at which point it opens up and you get to play all your OG White Power Fantasies with a side helping of femme fatale to sate that thirst.

Are you going to complain next that any story involving the X-men spends way too much time on the plight of minority groups and their experience with bigots?

I'm done.

You're done? Are you sure this time?
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:04 AM   #10
RAV
Evil Dead

Quote:
Haha remarkable. Yes that is precisely what so many of your kind do. Discussing how the creative works of others should be. How people should be represented and behave.
Actually much more than discussing. Campaigning to force others how to make their things according to your views. I've seen it plenty.

Get over it pal, all sorts of people share their thoughts on what they like or don't, what they wished for or not.
You just wished you could kill all other views so that only yours remain. Marxists have always been good at killing off whatever doesn't suit their perspective, expressed in their propaganda creations.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:01 PM   #11
Patera
Dread Lord

Wow this thread blew up a bit lol. I am not really interested in playing a female Mr. Fantastic but I am willing to have my mind changed. I don't have any experience with her as a character but grew up reading about the other characters.

So maybe it is simply just a different perspective on things folks, nostalgia is powerful and playing the characters you grew up with might be your thing, instead of some of playing a character you are not familiar with at all. That is really my reason.

I don't think this really should be the hill to die on for ideals. I think it really just looks like some people would have rather had a more well worn character in the lead. Nothing dickish in that, just some say potatoes and some say potatoos....

Either way this game looks like it will be worth some play time for sure. I collect Marvel Legends and playing with your dollies with some special effects is kind of nice ;-) lolz
Patera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:12 PM   #12
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I'm still giving this title the benefit of the doubt. The character designs look terrible (except for Ms Marvel who they seem to have spent some time on) but I like Marvel characters and the gameplay looks pretty decent.

Still lots of time for this to shape up to be a good title, though right now I'm leaning toward waiting a year and picking it up for $20 used.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:40 PM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Just thought I'd log back in to say
I'm sorry this is happening to you.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2019, 10:24 PM   #14
Arionuq
Death Knight

Not sure what is worse, lecturing from right wing nutjobs or angry SJW. Its a game. Stop making my entertainment a justification for your political views. If the game is good its good. The choice of starting character shouldn't jeopardize your political identity or confirm it. This site definitely leans right, which is fine: but maybe keep the politics focused on stories that actually overtly threaten your manhood or justify your tarring people as racists. Both sides are wallowing in shit here. Its a starting character in a video game about superheroes, grow up.
Arionuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:59 AM   #15
RAV
Evil Dead

Would be nice to live in a world without conflict, but is not how it works.
Different interests and dissatisfaction lead to contention.
It is expressed in all kinds of ways, and won't go away.
Is among the first you learn deal with growing up.
Question is how to keep it civil enough.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:53 AM   #16
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionuq View Post
Not sure what is worse, lecturing from right wing nutjobs or angry SJW. Its a game. Stop making my entertainment a justification for your political views. If the game is good its good. The choice of starting character shouldn't jeopardize your political identity or confirm it. This site definitely leans right, which is fine: but maybe keep the politics focused on stories that actually overtly threaten your manhood or justify your tarring people as racists. Both sides are wallowing in shit here. Its a starting character in a video game about superheroes, grow up.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:28 AM   #17
Real_Deal
Squire

Quote:
Really flawed thinking.
Mods, sticky this
Real_Deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:56 PM   #18
RAV
Evil Dead

It really is, especially if you know anything about the business in game design.

Professional developers know that only a fraction of their audience actually finish a game.
Most people these days start a new game maybe for half an hour at most, and then drop and forget about it for something else. There is just too much competing for attention.

So the more common problem is that devs tend to throw all the bells and whistles at the start, and leave little for the end since few people will come to see that anyway, so why put resources in that. More of your business and word of mouth is from how good an impression the start of the game will make. And even if you really want to make players go through the effort of seeing it to the end, you want to make sure you woo them right from the start to motivate them and have more of your audience see what spectacle you did prepare for the end. You don't impress anyone with bad designs and no name stuff right from the start.

It was mentioned that it's just about the game and being a fan. Well yes that's exactly the point. What they did here just makes no sense.
Not from a development or business point of view, not from a professional game design view, not from a fan's point of view either. is just weird. and most likely political.

Last edited by RAV; 11-01-2019 at 08:08 PM..
Old 11-01-2019, 02:02 PM   #19
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Deal View Post
Mods, sticky this
Good call. Creative design decisions made based upon ideology rather than genuine creativity and/or fan service should be called out for its obnoxiousness, repeatedly.

Sticky this!
Quote:
Old 11-01-2019, 04:41 PM   #20
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

My biggest issue is the marketing blurbs about "Fan Favorite" Kamala Khan who, based on sales, is far from a favorite. I mean, Squirrel Girl is a "Fan Favorite" because she's unique and indelible as a super hero and actually had some meaningful moments and character. Khan is a boring ass character. I say that as someone who follows comics still lightly and hasn't heard almost anything about this character, good bad or indifferent.

Khan's defining characteristics seem to be that she's a Muslim and "person of color" with stretching abilities. Being a "fan favorite" her comics aren't apparently popular enough that anyone outside of the 3 people who buy that book know anything about her.

The words are meaningless drivel used to shoehorn in a character who is a diversity token, at best. That sort of duplicity isn't endearing to many people.

"Here is a feces sandwich we know a lot of people don't know what the word feces means but just in case you do we're actually relabeling it Kobe Beef! Isn't this an AWESOME sandwich? You have to agree this is an awesome sandwich since we used the words Kobe Beef in describing it instead of 'shit' I mean 'feces'"
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel's avengers