Last post by Booda
Yesterday 08:21 AM
6 Replies, 271 Views

Old 09-17-2019, 08:46 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Stephen King's In the Tall Grass Trailer

Quote:
Based on the novella by Stephen King and Joe Hill, when siblings Becky and Cal hear the cries of a young boy lost within a field of tall grass, they venture in to rescue him, only to become ensnared themselves by a sinister force that quickly disorients and separates them. Cut off from the world and unable to escape the field’s tightening grip, they soon discover that the only thing worse than getting lost is being found.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:46 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Old 09-17-2019, 08:47 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Somehow I don't think the best part from the story will be in the movie. HaHa. If you have read it, you know what I mean.

Chicken Wings!
Old 09-17-2019, 08:54 AM   #4
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

It says Netflix film, so I'm assuming its a single movie instead of a series. I was kind of hoping for a series, but I'll take it!
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:03 AM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaliusbronius View Post
It says Netflix film, so I'm assuming its a single movie instead of a series. I was kind of hoping for a series, but I'll take it!
Not sure there is enough there for a series. I still need to watch Gerald's Game and 1922. I've heard they are both pretty decent.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:12 AM   #6
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Looks pretty good. I stopped reading most of Stephen King's stuff when he pooped out 4 books in just like 2 years (I think it started with Gerald's Game and Delores Claborne) and the quality of those books was quite poor IMO.

I hope it is longer than just a quick movie. Seems like they can pack a lot of stories into this field.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:57 AM   #7
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Is it me or did they kind of give away a little too much in this trailer? I didn't read the book so maybe I'm mistaken.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:11 PM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Looks pretty good. I stopped reading most of Stephen King's stuff when he pooped out 4 books in just like 2 years (I think it started with Gerald's Game and Delores Claborne) and the quality of those books was quite poor IMO.

I hope it is longer than just a quick movie. Seems like they can pack a lot of stories into this field.
I've read most of his stuff. His newer stuff is hit-and-miss. Sometimes you get a great book (Revival) and other times they are just books (The Institute).
Old 09-17-2019, 11:50 PM   #9
Azzy
Cthulian

I also gave up on King back in the Delores days. It wasn't just sobriety I think that made him less fun but it's just so much harder to scare people. That and he seemed to be writing just because he could and he had fuck all else to do and, being sober, he was bored allthe time.
I've read a few here and there and it's just not horror to me anymore. While he can still be entertaining he's usually just typing commas in his bank account.
I think King should have transitioned to the next John Carpenter. Now, that's, of course, not on the merits of the translations of his work. I think he should have evolved and taken his panache into another arena which would have kept it fresh and exciting, and fun.
Instead we get trash like Under the Dome.
Ultimately though King is a Grand Master of what he does and only through the brilliance of much of his work could we even be upset at his flinches. He'll power dark nights and bad dreams for at least the next decade, at which point we'll find out that aliens are real, we're a simulation, there isn't any more food, and being offended is part of a natural human experience that helps you decide a tribe that is best for your mental health and well being, and which is not.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:52 PM   #10
Azzy
Cthulian

Adam Neville has a scene in Last Days, his novel about a documentarian doing a documentary on a cult. It's in France.
That was one of the scariest chapters I've ever read.
It's hard to recommend it to people because if you go in expecting it you will generally be left without the sparkle of discovering it on your own, but woof. It's well done.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:57 AM   #11
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Adam Neville has a scene in Last Days, his novel about a documentarian doing a documentary on a cult. It's in France.
That was one of the scariest chapters I've ever read.
It's hard to recommend it to people because if you go in expecting it you will generally be left without the sparkle of discovering it on your own, but woof. It's well done.
There is no e in Nevill. Just a little hint to help people who want to buy the book.

Tags
in the tall grass