Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Liberals gone wild
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 02:12 PM
2,911 Replies, 391,676 Views
Godzilla King of the...
Last post by Terran
Today 02:05 PM
13 Replies, 446 Views
John Romero Releasing...
Last post by EGO
Today 12:50 PM
5 Replies, 264 Views
Netflix gives some...
Last post by Demo_Boy
Today 10:25 AM
2 Replies, 298 Views
No Manís Sky Developer...
Last post by PatrickRes9
Today 09:21 AM
3 Replies, 445 Views
Katy Perry is Coming to...
Last post by Meusli
Today 08:42 AM
14 Replies, 711 Views
First Avengers Endgame...
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 08:38 AM
18 Replies, 1,017 Views
Monster Hunter World...
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 07:28 AM
7 Replies, 442 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2018, 08:40 PM   #21
brandonjclark
Subscriber
 
brandonjclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeks View Post
As a die-hard Eagles fans, easy call for me here. Hoping we can give those elitist Patriots something different to look down their noses at today.

And after report after report over the years of Patriots cheating, logic would say they probably have cheated. But at this point, I too am tired of hearing about it. Let's just play the game already.

Well, you've got to be just ecstatic right now!

Go crazy

__________________
~B$
Gamertag: legisilverback | Steam Nickname: brandonjclark
...playing Rebel Galaxy
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:55 PM   #22
Meeks
Evil Dead
 
Meeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 851
Yeah, I'm pretty fucking excited. Did we really just pull that off with a backup quarterback? You can't call Foles a game manager. While the defense certainly did their thing, Foles was cool as a cucumber... made several precise passes in tight coverage to win it.

It's funny, I'm getting texts and calls from people I haven't talked to in yeeeears. Really contemplating flying to Philly for the parade. I might ask my boss if we have any important meetings in Philly this week that might require my flying out. If I can expense the trip, all the better!
__________________
"Women. Can't live with 'em. Pass the beer nuts." -Norm
Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:09 AM   #23
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 7,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeks View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty fucking excited. Did we really just pull that off with a backup quarterback? You can't call Foles a game manager. While the defense certainly did their thing, Foles was cool as a cucumber... made several precise passes in tight coverage to win it.

It's funny, I'm getting texts and calls from people I haven't talked to in yeeeears. Really contemplating flying to Philly for the parade. I might ask my boss if we have any important meetings in Philly this week that might require my flying out. If I can expense the trip, all the better!
Congrats Meeks, while I didn't watch the game because of obvious reasons of not wanting to support racists millionaires crying about oppression, happy for ya.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:11 AM   #24
Rommel
International Playboy
 
Rommel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,198
Exciting yes. A good game of football? No. Neither team showed any defense whatsoever, with the losing Patriots looking like they left their defense at home. They couldn't stop anything.
__________________
Quotes in context.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:32 AM   #25
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral
 
BeardedSonOfNel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MN/WI
Posts: 5,206
Blog Entries: 8
Overall it was a good game.
__________________
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. Ė Goethe
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:58 AM   #26
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Exciting yes. A good game of football? No. Neither team showed any defense whatsoever, with the losing Patriots looking like they left their defense at home. They couldn't stop anything.
Agreed, it was exciting but neither defense really showed up. 2 missed extra points as well. I personally prefer a defensive game. People like points and scoring. I've heard a lot of people in the past call lower scoring Super Bowls "boring". I personally love low scoring, defense-driven games. It makes things like missed fieldgoals and extra point attempts really matter. It's more boring watching two offenses drive down the field in big chunks, unchecked. Exciting finish though. For a second, I thought Gronk was going to come down with that jump ball.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:16 AM   #27
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinRummy View Post
Yeah, I admit it was pretty lame stuff, but it wasn't the first time the team has been caught out. It was like the third time, after filming opposition practices and other earlier stuff I forget.
The fact of the matter is that every team has cheated multiple times over the course of the league's history.

Which team is your favorite? I can guarantee they've been caught at least 12 times, but it's probably much, much higher than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeks View Post
And after report after report over the years of Patriots cheating, logic would say they probably have cheated. But at this point, I too am tired of hearing about it. Let's just play the game already.
The two most prominent instances of the Patriots "cheating" - Spygate and Deflategate - were grossly overblown. Everyone lost their minds when it was revealed that the Patriots were videotaping the Jets back in 2007...but that's not actually prohibited by the league. Their crime was recording the Jets from an unapproved location...something the Jets had been caught doing to the Patriots a year prior. The Jets reported it because they were butthurt about getting caught a year earlier and the Pats got dragged through the mud primarily because Goodell was equally butthurt about Belichick essentially thumbing his nose about filming location requirement changes.

I'm no Pats fan, but anyone who actually believes most of the shit said about their so-called cheating ways probably eats paint chips.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front

Last edited by Chimpbot; 02-05-2018 at 07:27 AM..
Chimpbot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:41 AM   #28
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
The fact of the matter is that every team has cheated multiple times over the course of the league's history.
I agree with your point for the most part, but everyone keeps using that "your team cheats" website and is grossly inaccurate, and also run by a self-admitted Patriots fan. You can see biases all over the place in the "scoring system". The website itself came about at the height of the "Patriots are cheaters" dialogue and is hashtagged "#FireGoodell.

Just for the Broncos, they have a lot of bogus added points.

For one, they've got Von Miller listed in a PEDs scandal for the Broncos, but Von's violation was for violating the league's substance policy, not taking performance enhancing drugs.

They also added points for Peyton Manning as a PEDs cheating violation, however that was proven false a long time ago. Al jazeera interviewed a supposed doctor who got the PEDs for Peyton Manning, but he admitted later that he made the whole thing up and the investigation was dropped. So apparently you get "cheating points" for false claims proven false. Unless it's the Patriots, as a fake story about Peyton Manning gets cheating points, but deflategate gets no points at all. I agree that deflategate was idiotic, but it gets less "cheating points" than a fake story? Cmon. If you read the website, it downplays any "scandal" involving the Patriots and inflates the situations involving rival AFC teams. "Crampgate" for the Broncos? Points for that? Hilarious.

So, that's just the Broncos with all kinds of overblown points. I'm sure you'll find some inflating of points with the Jets and some other Patriot rivals as well. I don't know why that website keeps getting linked when it's "point system" is pretty much arbitrary and extremely subjective to outright false at times.

The overall point does stand that just about every team has tried to skirt the rules at times. That part is true. But to which varying degrees is very much misrepresented by that site.

Just read the text. The bottom of the page "Is there a cheating scandal that's missing? A wrong fact? A broken link? Email The Commish (with a supporting link) and he'll take care of it just as competently as NFL commissioner and former Jets public relations intern Roger Goodell would." A typical Patriots fan thinking the commissioner is out to get them, because he loves their rival Jets. They assigned 10 cheating points for a tripping-a-player scandal to the Jets.

There's a FAQ section on the website where they "address" why everything seems so biased. Here's their response:

"This site reports the facts of the incidents that were found somewhere online. Maybe, just maybe, the bias was in the reports you have been fed by your local and national sports media?"

And also addressing why they assign points to SOME things that weren't even proven to be true.

"Because the NFL's "more probable than not" standard allowed me to. I agree, though, that it is a shitty way to determine guilt but that's the best we have right now."


Full of good logic in their "point system". I couldn't have assembled a less accurate representation of the severity of cheating for every NFL team.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 02-05-2018 at 08:07 AM..
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:43 AM   #29
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
I agree with your point for the most part, but everyone keeps using that "your team cheats" website and is grossly inaccurate, and also run by a self-admitted Patriots fan. You can see biases all over the place in the "scoring system".
I wouldn't call it "grossly inaccurate"; everything they post is - at the very least - backed up with sources. As it says on the front page: "Every cheat listed on this site was published by a third party somewhere in the media, no cheats have been created solely for this site. You can challenge the rating and commentary, but you can't challenge the cheat."

Quote:
For one, they've got Von Miller listed in a PEDs scandal for the Broncos, but Von's violation was for violating the league's substance policy, not taking performance enhancing drugs.
They noted the difference with Von Miller's situation. They included it there because he tried to cheat the urine test, but I suppose it could have gone into its own category.

Quote:
They also added points for Peyton Manning as a PEDs cheating violation, however that was proven false a long time ago. Al jazeera interviewed a supposed doctor who got the PEDs for Peyton Manning, but he admitted later that he made the whole thing up and the investigation was dropped. So apparently you get "cheating points" for false claims proven false. Unless it's the Patriots, as a fake story about Peyton Manning gets cheating points, but deflategate gets no points at all. I agree that deflategate was idiotic, but it gets less "cheating points" than a fake story? Cmon. If you read the website, it downplays any "scandal" involving the Patriots and inflates the situations involving rival AFC teams. "Crampgate" for the Broncos? Points for that? Hilarious.
They kept Peyton on there because of the second source. They also noted the fact that the initial source recanted their story.

Quote:
So, that's just the Broncos with all kinds of overblown points. I'm sure you'll find some inflating of points with the Jets and some other Patriot rivals as well. I don't know why that website keeps getting linked when it's "point system" is pretty much arbitrary and extremely subjective to outright false at times.

The overall point does stand that just about every team has tried to skirt the rules at times. That part is true. But to which varying degrees is very much misrepresented by that site. Just read the text. The bottom of the page "Is there a cheating scandal that's missing? A wrong fact? A broken link? Email The Commish (with a supporting link) and he'll take care of it just as competently as NFL commissioner and former Jets public relations intern Roger Goodell would." A typical Patriots fan thinking the commissioner is out to get them, because he loves their rival Jets.
Their points system is up for debate and discussion, but they do at least back everything up with at least one source. If nothing else, its a handy list of most of the times any given team has cheated.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:00 AM   #30
PacerDawn
Choadwanger
 
PacerDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,914
I thought those Dundee trailers looked suspicious. They were terrible. Now it makes sense.
__________________
The last time someone slipped viagra in my drink, I found out the hard way.
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:22 AM   #31
Meeks
Evil Dead
 
Meeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 851
I was almost equally excited to see my all-time favorite player, Brian Dawkins, get the nod for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. There has never been another player like him and it's difficult to quantify his impact on the Eagles (and the NFL) until you really start looking at the numbers. "Weapon X" was a consummate pro, on and off the field.
__________________
"Women. Can't live with 'em. Pass the beer nuts." -Norm
Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:34 AM   #32
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeks View Post
I was almost equally excited to see my all-time favorite player, Brian Dawkins, get the nod for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. There has never been another player like him and it's difficult to quantify his impact on the Eagles (and the NFL) until you really start looking at the numbers. "Weapon X" was a consummate pro, on and off the field.
We were lucky enough to have him in Denver for a few years. Well deserved. Brian Dawkins was a positive force in the locker room and a heck of a safety. Congrats to Eagles fans all the way around.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bowl, football, nfl, super

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:32 PM.