0 Replies, 145 Views
New Ralph Breaks the...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:46 AM
3 Replies, 624 Views

Old 05-25-2017, 08:05 PM   #101
The 7th Patriot
Caveat Emptor

Oh my god, just LOL @ the meltdowns in this thread. Right now Western Europe and America can't go a few months without innocent people dying to Muslim immigrants and their children, and a bunch of wealthy software developers who most likely live in an upper middle class non-"diverse" neighborhood decide to make a game (or at least an ad for a game) that explicitly seeks to negatively portray white Americans, Christianity, men, etc.?!?!?!?

Some of the people in this thread may not want to admit this, but it isn't right wing media that is forcing young men to reevaluate the dominant paradigm, its media like this. This is not topical, interesting, daring, or any of the adjectives associated with artistic vision. It is safe, tone deaf, and most likely motivated by the same self loathing that informs much of our politics. A bunch of little girls were just blown to pieces by a Muslim in Manchester and some faceless multinational corporation decides it is incumbent to remind everyone that whites are evil too. How can you not expect some type of backlash?

This ad is crudely produced corporate propaganda made by rich whites and diversity hires who represent a bankrupt industry.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:23 PM   #102
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Once again, provide me with some examples. You keep spouting this shit, but you never back it up.
This thread is a perfect example of it. Good god you're a daft one. What would be more impressive? Give me a single example where you ever actually support a conservative point of view socially or financially. I sincerely doubt you can.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:44 PM   #103
mojo_x
Soul Reaper

The characters pictured in the revealed artwork are the good guys right?
mojo_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:47 PM   #104
mojo_x
Soul Reaper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 7th Patriot View Post
Oh my god, just LOL @ the meltdowns in this thread. Right now Western Europe and America can't go a few months without innocent people dying to Muslim immigrants and their children, and a bunch of wealthy software developers who most likely live in an upper middle class non-"diverse" neighborhood decide to make a game (or at least an ad for a game) that explicitly seeks to negatively portray white Americans, Christianity, men, etc.?!?!?!?

Some of the people in this thread may not want to admit this, but it isn't right wing media that is forcing young men to reevaluate the dominant paradigm, its media like this. This is not topical, interesting, daring, or any of the adjectives associated with artistic vision. It is safe, tone deaf, and most likely motivated by the same self loathing that informs much of our politics. A bunch of little girls were just blown to pieces by a Muslim in Manchester and some faceless multinational corporation decides it is incumbent to remind everyone that whites are evil too. How can you not expect some type of backlash?

This ad is crudely produced corporate propaganda made by rich whites and diversity hires who represent a bankrupt industry.
Well said.
mojo_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:05 PM   #105
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 7th Patriot View Post

/thread well said.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:24 AM   #106
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
This thread is a perfect example of it. Good god you're a daft one. What would be more impressive? Give me a single example where you ever actually support a conservative point of view socially or financially. I sincerely doubt you can.
I've stated on at least one occasion that I'm staunchly anti-abortiom. I'm pro-gun ownership. I'm anti-big government. I'm for strict control and regulation of welfare programs. I'm very much in support of strict immigration laws.

I live in Maine, one of the most liberal states when it comes to government programs. I'm one of the folks who voted for LePage - despite his dumbass boorishness - because he's actually fiscally responsible and is trying to save the state's economy. I regret my decision every other day, but the last thing we needed was another Democrat and their ridiculous spending habits. I miss Angus King.

I don't fit neatly into your categories.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #107
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'm staunchly anti-abortion. I'm pro-gun ownership. I'm anti-big government. I'm for strict control and regulation of welfare programs. I'm very much in support of strict immigration laws.
Well then, I apologize for pegging you as a progressive. It seems instead you're just an argumentative contrarian.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:51 AM   #108
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Several trailers and CG cutscenes released this morning and it looks derivative in every way. I enjoyed Blood Dragon and Primal because they took that formula to a place we haven't seen before. Primal was especially fun for me since they removed the vehicles and the whole environment feels so much more dangerous because of it.

Far Cry gameplay is pretty much the same throughout the series after 2 and you know what you're going to get with the next one. The setting is what keeps me playing and I feel like this is a big step backwards. The old west or futuristic stuff or even post apocalyptic would have been so much cooler.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:05 PM   #109
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Well then, I apologize for pegging you as a progressive. It seems instead you're just an argumentative contrarian.
Argumentative, certainly. Contrarian, not so much. My thoughts and beliefs just happen to fall on both sides if the fence.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:42 PM   #110
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Argumentative, certainly. Contrarian, not so much. My thoughts and beliefs just happen to fall on both sides if the fence.
lol. I'll take this post as evidence of my point.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:11 PM   #111
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
lol. I'll take this post as evidence of my point.
Of course you will; it's contrary to your preconceived notions. Of course you'll think I'm contrarian!
Old 05-26-2017, 05:58 PM   #112
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Of course you will; it's contrary to your preconceived notions. Of course you'll think I'm contrarian!
Either way you're still a fucking tool. At the least your not anti 2nd amendment. I suppose you have that going for you.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:11 PM   #113
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Either way you're still a fucking tool. At the least your not anti 2nd amendment. I suppose you have that going for you.
When in doubt, just call 'em names.

Stay classy, Spectral.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:53 PM   #114
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
When in doubt, just call 'em names.

Stay classy, Spectral.
As if you're some angel above such things, you do share one thing with progs, arrogance and absolutely full of yourself.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:22 PM   #115
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
As if you're some angel above such things, you do share one thing with progs, arrogance and absolutely full of yourself.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #116
Lutheran
Dreadnought

I should have known better than to read this thread. I can't seem to escape politics anymore..
Old 05-30-2017, 10:07 AM   #117
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutheran View Post
I should have known better than to read this thread. I can't seem to escape politics anymore..
Same. Looks like a decent game, but I'm still waiting for Far Cry Primal to go down to $20 before I pick it up.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:50 PM   #118
teknohed
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxE View Post
Glad to see this finally! Best of luck to my peeps back at Ubi, (Montreal AND Toronto!) working on this title...

A lot of these ideas were things we wanted to do back in R6 Patriots. It's good to see those ideas come to fruition with Far Cry 5.
I worked at Ubisoft Montreal too. The last summer BBQ i went to they showed a trailer for this and I remember thinking. "Oh man...UBisoft is really tempting fate with this one. They thought the shit storm about no playable female characters in Assassins Creed was bad...this is going to be worse". And now I'm back in the states and living in a post Trump nightmare hell scape and sure enough the gun nuts and bible thumpers did not disappoint. They are even saltier about it than i thought they'd be. I also love how all these guys in this image just look like Mile End hipsters. Having grown up in Rural Idaho, I can tell you that intermountain christian fundamentalist 2nd amendment bros are not this well groomed.
teknohed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:39 PM   #119
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

The only "shitstorm" will be if they release a terrible and utterly broken game that becomes little more than another meme generator like Assassin's Creed Unity and Mass Effect Andromeda. If the game is great than any perceived social commentary will be forgotten by all except the most dedicated anonymous internet babies and pretend video game journalists who make their living on attention.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:07 PM   #120
ashikenshin
Subscriber

There is a lot of fake outrage for this game. All the videogame sjw bloggers are talking about those made up petitions to kill the game. It's very reminiscent of the gamergate "gamers are dead" days.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
far cry 5, ubisoft