Yesterday 03:53 PM
14 Replies, 567 Views

Old 10-30-2017, 03:38 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Far Cry 5: Co-Op - Friend For Hire Trailer

Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Quote:
Play the entire campaign in co-op with a Friend For Hire and restore freedom to Hope County!

Learn more at farcry.com. Available February 27, 2018.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:38 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
blackzc
Evil Dead

I wont be fooling with this one, ever. Not because your killing rural whites. The games just make you feel like garbage after your done playing. Why bother?
Old 10-30-2017, 07:22 PM   #4
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

This looks like it will go down the same path as Wolfenstein 2. A whole lot of talk about a phony controversy that doesn't exist and when it comes out drops off the planet in the blink of an eye. FLOP.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:13 PM   #5
Paranoia
Evil Dead

Always liked the Far Cry series since FC3, even enjoyed the much criticized FC4.

Definitely consider picking up this one.
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:57 AM   #6
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

I just don't get it.

we should make this about Muslims or Latino Catholics, hell we could even get creative and make it about black lives matter, at least that's more believable in a modern setting.

but a white christian cult, the most crime they do is tax theft, and human sacrifices, normally consensual.

The ironic part is, these games always seem far more interesting if you were to play them from the bad guys perspective.

the last farcry game, if you wait at the table long enough with min, you'll see a exchange between the protagonist and antagonist, it's a sad thing they didn't let you play for the "bad guys"
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:28 AM   #7
ashikenshin
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministryofwrath View Post

The ironic part is, these games always seem far more interesting if you were to play them from the bad guys perspective.
I feel this about almost every game I play. For example: in the last Killzone game, they could have changed the roles during the middle of the game and would have turned far more interesting IMO. The "bad" guys had their planet explode and were sent to camps. What if the good guys were just as bad as the bad guys?

The motivations of the bad guys have to make sense, not everyone has to be a cartoon. Having antagonists that are bad just because is boring most of the time. In some cases it makes sense, like the demons in Doom. But, always having the bad guys be cartoons seems lazy.

There is a movie I like called Jin Roh in which they show a totalitarian state with a rebel side going up against it. You know the totalitarian state are the bad guys but it's interesting because most of the violence comes from the rebels. And, the people in charge seem like they really want to make this city crime free. It's interesting to have your expectations turned from time to time.

Anyway Ubisoft is shit, not buying any of their games.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 03:15 AM   #8
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministryofwrath View Post
I just don't get it.

we should make this about Muslims or Latino Catholics, hell we could even get creative and make it about black lives matter, at least that's more believable in a modern setting.

but a white christian cult, the most crime they do is tax theft, and human sacrifices, normally consensual.

the last farcry game, if you wait at the table long enough with min, you'll see a exchange between the protagonist and antagonist, it's a sad thing they didn't let you play for the "bad guys"
Making it about Muslims or Racist Lives Matter wouldn't be PC though and doesn't fit the narrative being pushed in all media by progressives.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:19 AM   #9
brandonjclark
Subscriber

This series got really boring for me after FC3.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:25 AM   #10
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
I feel this about almost every game I play. For example: in the last Killzone game, they could have changed the roles during the middle of the game and would have turned far more interesting IMO. The "bad" guys had their planet explode and were sent to camps. What if the good guys were just as bad as the bad guys?

The motivations of the bad guys have to make sense, not everyone has to be a cartoon. Having antagonists that are bad just because is boring most of the time. In some cases it makes sense, like the demons in Doom. But, always having the bad guys be cartoons seems lazy.

There is a movie I like called Jin Roh in which they show a totalitarian state with a rebel side going up against it. You know the totalitarian state are the bad guys but it's interesting because most of the violence comes from the rebels. And, the people in charge seem like they really want to make this city crime free. It's interesting to have your expectations turned from time to time.
About 30 years ago I read books from an author named Jennifer Roberson who wrote a fantasy book series called The Chronicles of the Cheysuli. It was a fairly long series but the interesting thing about it was how in the middle of the series she switched the perspective from the "good guys" to the "bad guys" and told the other half.

For me at that age, coming off high fantasy like Pern, Dragonlance, and Shannara where there was always a very clear line between good and evil (well with a few exceptions) it was a pretty amazing literary device.

I'm not sure the writing holds up now but it was good stuff back then.

EDIT: Oh, as far as this game goes, I'm of mixed minds. I want to like it but I don't like they went for the "safe" group as the antagonists. Any other group would have caused them problems even if it would be a more relevant threat so instead they traveled down the safe white christian cult road who won't cause any firebombs or death threats to their offices or staff. I like the gameplay but I'm not sure I can get past, or support, the politics.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:28 AM   #11
Blog
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
This series got really boring for me after FC3.
Agreed. Far Cry 4 and even Primal, to a large extent, were the exact same game with some slight changes in scenery and backdrops. FC3 stands as the best in the series, IMHO, because it introduced the game play concepts that are still the core of the series and also because of the character of Vaas.

Game play that hasn't changed in the past two sequels and less compelling antagonists make FC4 and Primal feel more like cheap knock offs rather than proper sequels. Nothing I've seen about 5 makes me think it won't be anything more than another tired entry in the series.

Tags
far cry 5, ubisoft