Love, loss, regret and...
Last post by vallor
Today 08:58 AM
2 Replies, 187 Views

Old 02-16-2019, 06:52 AM   #1
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Goddamn people

So I have bad sciatica, drove like 5 hours the day before yesterday, and yesterday drove another 5 hours to get back to my city.

Needless to say I was not feeling awesome, however, when the Amber Alert buzzed on my phone and woke me up, I read it to see wtf is going on. A 11 year old girl was missing, and thought to be abducted by her father. They had his licence plate and description of his car. I thought, who do I know that is driving right now or up in the area where he was seen last.. coming up with nothing, I went back to sleep resigned that I couldn't help.

The updates woke me up twice more. 1 to say that he has been found and arrested.. and another to say that the girl was found. I noticed that it did not say found safe, felt sad at what I was pretty sure was a murder of a child by her father, and went back to sleep.

Yes its a shitty world, and to clarify I don't think my actions (futile as they were) of trying to help/thinking about my options and finding none were out of the ordinary for a common citizen.

What shocked the living shit out of me is the complaining of the whiners citing their lack of sleep, and not giving a shit that a girl was murdered in their vicinity. They complained that they were not in the area, they couldn't do anything etc.?

Am I being triggered? Or is it unreasonable this type of lack of compassion, societal cohesion or care?

Many of the detractors are calling it 'communist' that they have to deal with these amber alerts. IS THE SOCIAL COMPACT DEAD? Whatever the fuck happened to common decency? There were many silent people such as myself, who did read these alerts, found them a necessary inconvenience and tried to help. But it seems that the loud douchebags of society are complaining about this and defending said complainers.

Anyways whats your take on this.. and look if you want to blame SJWs etc., fine, but please back it up. I want your honest opinion but would also like some context instead of a vent to shit on ideology you don't like.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:57 AM   #2
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

If it saves a kids life don't have an issue with it. Timing is everything in these cases usually. Not that big a deal. Those bitching bout it are likely self centered iberals anyway.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:23 AM   #3
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Lol spectral you bastard, you had to put that last line in

Also the last guy that was bitching about it.. was calling it communist. If it was a Liberal SJW, wouldn't they be calling it Nazi-ish?
Old 02-16-2019, 09:43 AM   #4
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredT View Post
Lol spectral you bastard, you had to put that last line in

Also the last guy that was bitching about it.. was calling it communist. If it was a Liberal SJW, wouldn't they be calling it Nazi-ish?
eh with how much they hate free speech they have the nazi thing down pat as well
Old 02-16-2019, 11:36 AM   #5
Terran
Evil Dead

Lulz. 'It's communist that I'm getting an alert on my mobile phone, the portable computing device that I own whose computing power outperforms the freaking Apollo program, made possible by capitalism, and which I could have turned the hell off when I went to bed so it wouldn't buzz and wake me up.'

Yeah. My sympathies to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:57 AM   #6
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Yea I dunno why modern society is a bunch of fuck bags.

To give this further context: Now people are pissed of that the government is CONSIDERING (not actually implementing, or starting to implement) an addendum to the law which allows officers to search specifically homes of people involved in a child kidnapping as soon as it is reported and confirmed to be valid. The reason they are considering this that in this particular case, the young girl was perhaps dying/or already deceased when they were doing knocking on the door but they did not know this as they were not allowed to enter a private citizen's house without a warrant.

Now I understand that giving police permission to enter citizen's houses without a warrant is generally a bad and easily abusable idea. However, this update to the law if done carefully, imo, could save lives of citizens in the future.

The same amber alert people now are yelling for the system to be either limited, voluntary or cancelled, while saying that this law is an excuse to curb civil liberties.

Again, the law isn't even officially proposed, it was floated by Law Enforcement as a possible preventative measure for tragic occurences as this.

So to be clear, I am not 100% bandwagoning this "think of the children" type addendum to the law, I just think that it could be a valid and useful law if written with proper procedures and restrictions. Of course according to the whiners locally, I'm a card carrying commie pinko for wanting to temporarily give up my potential privacy in order to possibly prevent citizen deaths.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:40 AM   #7
Terran
Evil Dead

Fourth Amendment. NO CAN DO on government entering homes without a warrant. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE. NOPE.

And NOPE again. Too infinity. And beyond.
Quote:
Old 02-17-2019, 09:11 AM   #8
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yea I dunno why modern society is a bunch of fuck bags.

To give this further context: Now people are pissed of that the government is CONSIDERING (not actually implementing, or starting to implement) an addendum to the law which allows officers to search specifically homes of people involved in a child kidnapping as soon as it is reported and confirmed to be valid. The reason they are considering this that in this particular case, the young girl was perhaps dying/or already deceased when they were doing knocking on the door but they did not know this as they were not allowed to enter a private citizen's house without a warrant.

Now I understand that giving police permission to enter citizen's houses without a warrant is generally a bad and easily abusable idea. However, this update to the law if done carefully, imo, could save lives of citizens in the future.

The same amber alert people now are yelling for the system to be either limited, voluntary or cancelled, while saying that this law is an excuse to curb civil liberties.

Again, the law isn't even officially proposed, it was floated by Law Enforcement as a possible preventative measure for tragic occurences as this.

So to be clear, I am not 100% bandwagoning this "think of the children" type addendum to the law, I just think that it could be a valid and useful law if written with proper procedures and restrictions. Of course according to the whiners locally, I'm a card carrying commie pinko for wanting to temporarily give up my potential privacy in order to possibly prevent citizen deaths.
Totally abuseable and a violation of the 4th amendment. NOPE NOPE NOPE, the left thinks of the children so much they're now onboard with outright infanticide that's really what they "think of the children"
Old 02-18-2019, 09:35 AM   #9
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Totally abuseable and a violation of the 4th amendment. NOPE NOPE NOPE, the left thinks of the children so much they're now onboard with outright infanticide that's really what they "think of the children"
We don't have the fourth in Canada. But yea, this would be a municipal/provincial law in limitations, and would require (from what I 've seen of the draft) police chief and Mayor approval.

But yea, the possibility for abuse is pretty big so I don't think it'll get past the privacy commission.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:11 AM   #10
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
We don't have the fourth in Canada.
My condolences.

For the impending ice age, I mean. You're doomed.
Quote:
Old 02-19-2019, 06:38 PM   #11
blackzc
Evil Dead

Amber alerts rub me the wrong way, they feel Orwellian . First thing i always say is....prolly some poor father took his kid out of desperation after some women judge gave the woman sole custody even though she sucks alot.

That said, if i was missing a child id for dam sure be wanting the word to go out.

I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Lulz. 'It's communist that I'm getting an alert on my mobile phone, the portable computing device
Why am i not surprised you are defending communist spy slabs?
Old 02-20-2019, 02:01 PM   #12
Terran
Evil Dead

You sobered up yet black, or is a Jew keeping you down and on the sauce again?
Quote:
Old 02-23-2019, 02:43 AM   #13
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
You sobered up yet black, or is a Jew keeping you down and on the sauce again?
Your implying my thinking about jews is the reason i drink. I assure you, its not that big a thing for me. Sure i have my couple of things that have nagged me forever and have caused me to drink, as do we all, but a religious meme isn't one of them.

I'm not drinking lately tho. I've been buying bottles of expensive stuff and putting it on a shelf. And for the last fucking time, i dont, nor have i ever had a drinking problem.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:32 AM   #14
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
prolly some poor father took his kid out of desperation after some women judge gave the woman sole custody even though she sucks alot.
Actually most of the time its some loser that kills his kid to get revenge on his wife. Typical type of incel thinking as you just provided.

Not saying that there aren't reprehensible women etc., but most of the amber alerts, including why they name it amber alert.. is code for loser about to kill his kid/wife/self.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:45 AM   #15
RAV
Dread Lord

Yeah, but you know what else men do most of? Doing the heroic acts to save kids/wife/others.

The saying "Women and kids first!" for life-boats on a sinking ship, wasn't invented by feminists.

And let's be honest, the typical white-knighting keyboard warrior isn't the type of character who were able to save anyone when shit gets real.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote