Last post by Chimpbot
Today 09:51 AM
4 Replies, 299 Views

Old 11-01-2017, 12:55 PM   #421
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I'm betting we think it's equally absurd and ludicrous. I know you think I'm just some progressive nutbag...but, this shit is retarded.
Glad to hear you agree. If you'd stop acting like a total fuckwit 95% of the time maybe I wouldn't need to think of you as a progressive.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:12 PM   #422
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
As an aside, I stumbled upon this and I'm sure some of you will just love it...
I bet if he had Halle Berry, Jessica Lucas, Gabrielle Union, Vanessa Williams, Candice Patton, or any of the hundreds, thousands of attractive black actresses that must pass through hollywood in any particular year in his office during those times instead of someone that looked like the chick in the picture this wouldn't be an issue.

Or maybe he just likes white chicks.

vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:18 PM   #423
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Papa John's, the FORMER official pizza of the NFL is apparently taking an earnings beating from the drop in viewership which they are attributing to the Flag and Anthem protests.

Quote:
"The NFL has hurt us," company founder and CEO John Schnatter said. "We are disappointed the NFL and its leadership did not resolve this."

Executives said the company has pulled much of its NFL television advertising and that the NFL has responded by giving the company additional future spots. Later in the day, a spokesman clarified that the spots themselves weren't being pulled, just the NFL shield or "official sponsor" designation on those spots.

"Leadership starts at the top, and this is an example of poor leadership," Schnatter said, noting he thought the issue had been "nipped in the bud" a year and a half ago.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:20 AM   #424
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Papa John's, the FORMER official pizza of the NFL is apparently taking an earnings beating from the drop in viewership which they are attributing to the Flag and Anthem protests.
Never had a Papa John's (most of my pizza are just local unaffiliated restaurants) , but aren't they getting hammered for essentially being really shitty when compared to other franchises ( I mean, not a lot of franchise pizza is great, but still)? Not really arguing his stance here, because he might be right since I haven't checked the numbers or surveys of the restaurant chain, I am curious though if this is passing the blame or not.

Edit: Yikes, just checked their Consumer Affairs rating, they're massively skewed towards 1 and 2 star ratings out of 5.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/food...ns.html?page=1
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:19 AM   #425
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1985 View Post
Never had a Papa John's (most of my pizza are just local unaffiliated restaurants) , but aren't they getting hammered for essentially being really shitty when compared to other franchises ( I mean, not a lot of franchise pizza is great, but still)? Not really arguing his stance here, because he might be right since I haven't checked the numbers or surveys of the restaurant chain, I am curious though if this is passing the blame or not.
When I order from a chain, I typically go with Papa Johns; their pizza isn't the greasy mess you get from Pizza Hut and it doesn't turn to cardboard like Dominos.

It's not the best pizza I've ever had in my life...but, it's inexpensive, their online deals are typically decent and the only issue I've ever had with them is when their online ordering system was down. Maybe I just lucked out and have access to a franchise that has their shit together; they operate in a town with three colleges and a university within a 10 mile radius, after all.

Quote:
Edit: Yikes, just checked their Consumer Affairs rating, they're massively skewed towards 1 and 2 star ratings out of 5.

I don't often place much stock in ratings at sites like that. When the first 1-star review is just someone bitching about not getting enough cheese packets, I tend to write off most of the reviews as simply not being worth it. The rest aren't much better; one bad experience (after dozens of decent ones, mind you) garners a 1-star rating and complete loss of business.

Shit happens. Orders get fucked up. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
While I'm still not ready to attribute all of the decline to the anthem protests (TV viewership is down across the board and NFL viewership's drop is less than the average viewership drop), I'm sure the decline of people spending a good chunk of their Sundays watching football hasn't helped.

It's worth noting that they've also significantly diminished the number of ads being aired during NFL games. When something isn't in people's faces all the time, it's easy for them to forget or shift to another brand and/or option. "Top of mind awareness" is important when you're dealing with something that is essentially a commodity.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:41 AM   #426
blackzc
Evil Dead

I've delivered pizza to Schnatters (Papa John) house a few times. One of his houses is near the store i use to work at. He has a pretty nice compound.

Also, Trump was confirmed at his house one night during the campaign. Him and Rand Paul both were when Trump came to town.

I always figured he was a solid guy.

Quote:

Schnatter is a known conservative, at least that's what his actions say. Alot of people have it out for him despite him keeping to him self 99% of the time. They make a fine low price pizza, these reviews are from a smear campaign.

Last edited by blackzc; 11-02-2017 at 08:51 AM..
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:45 AM   #427
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
If we do that (in this case), we'd be judging him by thinly-veiled posts supporting Hitler and anti-Semitic videos. blackzc has said some...questionable things as of late.
What anti Semitic videos? Those are pretty serious charges you are throwing around. If we were in Europe i could sue for slander. Not that i roll that way but thinly-veiled accusations of anti antisemitism with no hard proof is problematic. We need dialog, not labels.

Last edited by blackzc; 11-02-2017 at 08:56 AM..
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:45 AM   #428
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

Quote:
When I order from a chain, I typically go with Papa Johns; their pizza isn't the greasy mess you get from Pizza Hut and it doesn't turn to cardboard like Dominos.

It's not the best pizza I've ever had in my life...but, it's inexpensive, their online deals are typically decent and the only issue I've ever had with them is when their online ordering system was down. Maybe I just lucked out and have access to a franchise that has their shit together; they operate in a town with three colleges and a university within a 10 mile radius, after all.

I don't often place much stock in ratings at sites like that. When the first 1-star review is just someone bitching about not getting enough cheese packets, I tend to write off most of the reviews as simply not being worth it. The rest aren't much better; one bad experience (after dozens of decent ones, mind you) garners a 1-star rating and complete loss of business.

Shit happens. Orders get fucked up. Deal with it.

While I'm still not ready to attribute all of the decline to the anthem protests (TV viewership is down across the board and NFL viewership's drop is less than the average viewership drop), I'm sure the decline of people spending a good chunk of their Sundays watching football hasn't helped.

It's worth noting that they've also significantly diminished the number of ads being aired during NFL games. When something isn't in people's faces all the time, it's easy for them to forget or shift to another brand and/or option. "Top of mind awareness" is important when you're dealing with something that is essentially a commodity.
For me review sites are a mixed bag. There's one where professional reviewers basically hated on a series I absolutely loved (and regular viewers loved too), but they were dead on the money for other things. From the overall look of those though, the positive reviews seem to stem from personal connections to the staff (as in, the reviewer met and talked to staffers one-on-one, built a business relationship and it never really soured) to the lower ratings that went "They fucked up our orders constantly" to "asshat staffers". There's very few "average" votes of significance which is a bit strange from a franchise this big.

I'd say they still have a ways to go to become something spectacular, but being a franchise chain that is probably not going to happen. But I'm probably a bit of a snob in liking my local pizzerias over them.

One thing we can agree on however is that Pizza Hut is absolute trash.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:17 AM   #429
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Well, newer types of communities use the word too, but I AM pretty dang old At least compared to some of the youngins I work with. Which they remind me of constantly to the point I should buy a cane to shake at them and calling them "dang kids"
Handles were used pretty heavily in the late 80's early 90's on BBS's particularly the warez sites. I knew quite a few people that used them on USENET around that time also. Those same handles were used later when the internet GUI took off.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:57 PM   #430
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
The banner may be a plant. However, it may not be, as it's been shown that progressives have seemingly become more open to showing support for pedophiles in recent years.
Here's a new-ish deviant behavior brought to light thanks to our favorite woman's magazine Cosmopolitan: "Genetic Sexual Attraction". AKA Incest.

According to the researchers in the Cosmo piece people related who haven't grown up together, like children or parents separated at birth, are extraordinarily attracted to each other thanks to the shared genetic makeup.

Quote:
"Many couples experience the feeling of being instantly attracted to someone that is familiar in some way, whether it's a physical reminder of someone beloved or something else they can't put their finger on," Alman says. "Love at first sight is a real phenomenon."

But it's been suggested that this feeling is even stronger for consanguineous (aka related) couples, especially those who don't develop the ick factor from growing up together. Why? "Genes tend to shape our preferences, talents, and attitudes — and familiarity creates comfort, so we look for someone similar," Lieberman says. "For siblings, this drives an enhanced sexual attraction." Which is exactly what happened to Melissa and Brian.
Ick factor indeed.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:58 PM   #431
Terran
Evil Dead

I'm calling bullshit on that entirely. If you believe in evolutionary processes, there is a DISTINCT evolutionary advantage to individuals with dissimilar genetics reproducing together, resulting in healthier offspring.

tl;dr version: They're idiots and there's nothing 'natural' about a stronger attraction to a relative at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:10 PM   #432
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I'm calling bullshit on that entirely. If you believe in evolutionary processes, there is a DISTINCT evolutionary advantage to individuals with dissimilar genetics reproducing together, resulting in healthier offspring.

tl;dr version: They're idiots and there's nothing 'natural' about a stronger attraction to a relative at all.
You have to keep in mind the left seems to believe the more deviant the sexual behavior is the more normal it is. At least that seems to be their narrative. It's mind boggling to me that people actually subscribe to the progressive ideology at all with how out of touch with reality they all literally are.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:49 PM   #433
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:

So your saying the further away from your stock you go the better? I beg to differ.

I kinda agree with the article. I mean it has its limits. But look at the elites of the world. Jews and blue blood anglos are very imbred in many cases, they are doing ok, in terms of power anyway.

This topic can get weird and very metaphysical real quick.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:48 PM   #434
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
So your saying the further away from your stock you go the better?
My point has nothing to do with race, blackzc, so don't feel triggered.

Genetically speaking, the more similar a reproducing pair, the more likely to magnify genetic abnormalities and end up with ill/ailing/dead offspring. This in effect results, over a long period of time, in selecting 'out' of the gene pool pairs drawn to far too similar mates while advantaging reproducing pairs that are dissimilar and thus less likely to reproduce dead/dying/ailing progeny.

So no, I do not believe it is 'science' to say that it is 'natural' or in any way normal to be sexually/reproductively drawn to a close relative. It is not advantageous genetically, regardless of the abnormal aspects of it in terms of morality. Their bullshit cover for more sexually abnormal behavior is simply ideological perversion, not science.
Quote:
Old 11-03-2017, 08:35 PM   #435
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Their bullshit cover for more sexually abnormal behavior is simply ideological perversion, not science.
That's for sure.

I've never gotten all the rage about two family member getting together. As long as care is taken to make sure the children are healthy. But then my moms side is certain we are a line of blue bloods, last name checks out among other neat and disturbing things. Maybe the shit is genetic...
Old 11-03-2017, 08:40 PM   #436
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:

You're right, and I read an article not more than a month ago that dealt with this. It basically stated the opposite of what the cosmo article said. It said we on some level can detect if the person is closely related to us, and that it is some kind of turn off. That way we don't inbreed, and create other humans with health and mental issues.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:26 PM   #437
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
You're right, and I read an article not more than a month ago that dealt with this. It basically stated the opposite of what the cosmo article said. It said we on some level can detect if the person is closely related to us, and that it is some kind of turn off. That way we don't inbreed, and create other humans with health and mental issues.
I saw a show on NatGeo or discovery a few years ago when they were still decent. Where they were testing attractiveness. They discussed some testing that had found people with close genetic matches had similar pheromones that normally reduced attractiveness to one another. Unfortunately, I couldnt find a clip from the show. And everything that might have been applicable on scholar.google.com was behind a paywall.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:02 AM   #438
Terran
Evil Dead

Yeah, "pop" science is mainly "pop" and not much science. Nice job, Cosmo. You've added to the pile of poop in "pop" science.
Quote:
Old 11-04-2017, 11:37 AM   #439
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
Handles were used pretty heavily in the late 80's early 90's on BBS's particularly the warez sites. I knew quite a few people that used them on USENET around that time also. Those same handles were used later when the internet GUI took off.
Yeah, as I said, it never really went out of style, far as I recall.

I personally didn't start using the net until the 90s and I completely missed the BBS era. First ever home access I had to the net was a 56k modem since I'd mostly stuck to consoles at home before.

Oh, before I forget, hope everyone's having a good time today. Just got my super soldier serum and I am stoked!
Old 11-04-2017, 02:47 PM   #440
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
Wonder why the middle east and Africa are so imbred.