Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Early Reports Indicate...
Last post by Terran
Today 08:40 AM
40 Replies, 1,467 Views
The 'Ghost Recon:...
Last post by Mozain
Today 08:15 AM
5 Replies, 577 Views
Overwatch's next hero...
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 07:16 AM
18 Replies, 1,327 Views
Irrational Games...
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 07:10 AM
7 Replies, 514 Views
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by Rommel
Today 04:41 AM
16 Replies, 703 Views
Mass Effect: Andromeda...
Last post by ministryofwrath
Today 04:02 AM
2 Replies, 409 Views
Horizon Zero Dawn Launch...
Last post by blackzc
Yesterday 08:03 PM
11 Replies, 713 Views
Mass Effect: Andromeda’s...
Last post by brandonjclark
Yesterday 01:46 PM
19 Replies, 1,133 Views
» Promotion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2017, 01:36 PM   #101
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 5,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
This is objectively false, Anenome -- you care .
This made me lol for some reason.
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea a video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:52 PM   #102
screwyluie
Evil Dead
 
screwyluie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,216
I think we're at 3(?) pages now without a single mention of nintendo, in a nintendo thread.

time to find another forum guys.
__________________
2016 PAX East
2016 PAX West
screwyluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #103
Chimpbot
King Ghidorah
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 6,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
I think we're at 3(?) pages now without a single mention of nintendo, in a nintendo thread.

time to find another forum guys.
We were talking about Nintendo right up until they started accusing Anemone of being a pedophile. Again.
__________________
Evil Avatar's Senior Godzillaologist
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:07 PM   #104
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
I think we're at 3(?) pages now without a single mention of nintendo, in a nintendo thread.

time to find another forum guys.
Wrong. I mentioned it on the previous page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
As for the Switch, attempting to innovate has a high cost because not all innovations are desired. Look at how the Kinect has been received on these boards. Sure, the Kinect is a far cry from perfect or even being useful for many - if not most - games, but it's certainly an interesting technology which could become much more fun with advancement. Nintendo, in my view, isn't taking such a leap -- save the Virtual Boy. The Switch, to me, seems like a way for Nintendo to say they're still making consoles while also not trying to really directly compete with MS and Sony. I do think it's a good idea to have it with mobile capability, as mobile gamers seem likely to look on this somewhat favorably -- at least in terms of having a choice which is unavailable to XB and PS owner in this manner.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:10 PM   #105
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 5,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
We were talking about Nintendo right up until they started accusing Anemone of being a pedophile. Again.
Anenome and Venom, stop shitting up thread.

Your ruining my online Nintendo discussions and creating unhealthy associations to my soon to be Switch.

Hasn't there been an official Venom, Anenome pedo thread? haha. We need another one.
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea a video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:43 PM   #106
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 5,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
I think we're at 3(?) pages now without a single mention of nintendo, in a nintendo thread.

time to find another forum guys.
Nintendo sucks and is irrelevant. Better?
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:58 PM   #107
screwyluie
Evil Dead
 
screwyluie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Nintendo sucks and is irrelevant. Better?
while the first part is subjective opinion and you're entitled to it, the last part is neither and is flat wrong or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Quote:
Wrong. I mentioned it on the previous page:
yeah, you'll forgive me for not reading all the bullshit in the last 3 pages, but despite your technicality you know I'm right.
__________________
2016 PAX East
2016 PAX West
screwyluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:08 PM   #108
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
yeah, you'll forgive me for not reading all the bullshit in the last 3 pages, but despite your technicality you know I'm right.
It's not a technicality -- you were wrong. I don't blame you for not wanting to read the posts. Of course, with that in mind, you obviously realize that you're not obligated to read posts that don't interest you, and going wildly off-topic does not prevent you from posting about whatever it is you wish to post about.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:24 AM   #109
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 5,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
It's not a technicality -- you were wrong. I don't blame you for not wanting to read the posts. Of course, with that in mind, you obviously realize that you're not obligated to read posts that don't interest you, and going wildly off-topic does not prevent you from posting about whatever it is you wish to post about.


I do keep few things in mind while posting here on EA. I want people to come here. I like EA, i want the site to stay around forever.

There are passer bys that stumble on the site all the time. If every thread is shit up with pedophile talk its bound to run some of them off. Off topic is there for off topic discussions.
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea a video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:56 AM   #110
screwyluie
Evil Dead
 
screwyluie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
It's not a technicality -- you were wrong. I don't blame you for not wanting to read the posts. Of course, with that in mind, you obviously realize that you're not obligated to read posts that don't interest you, and going wildly off-topic does not prevent you from posting about whatever it is you wish to post about.
it's this inability to understand the english language that gets us into these tirades in the first place. You're so quick to argue that you never stop to try, actually try, to understand the other person. You're just looking for the next excuse to rant, rave, and rage against them.

clearly if I acknowledge the technicality I'm admitting I was wrong on that point, but there was another point in there, one that is more important than being technically correct about the content of the 3 pages of bullshit prior... that at this point you guys need to go find another forum to yell at each other. I am not wrong about that and that is what I said, had you taken the time to actually try to understand me you would've known that and your last reply would've been just this bit:
Quote:
going wildly off-topic does not prevent you from posting about whatever it is you wish to post about.
to which I would reply that while it's technically true, when you guys fill up pages faster than I can read them with off topic bullshit... not only does no one want to read it all but any real on topic reply gets lost in the shit and so it's pointless. I think people reading know this and hesitate to reply because what's the point?

You're bullshit is stifling on topic conversation. Take it somewhere else.
__________________
2016 PAX East
2016 PAX West
screwyluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:37 AM   #111
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
it's this inability to understand the english language that gets us into these tirades in the first place. You're so quick to argue that you never stop to try, actually try, to understand the other person. You're just looking for the next excuse to rant, rave, and rage against them.
And here you are, arguing and looking for an excuse to rant, rave, and rage. You complained about the lack of Nintendo Switch posting in this thread, I posted that I had commented on the Nintendo Switch on the previous page, and now you're going on a tirade that is both off-topic and argumentative while decrying off-topic and argumentative postings that you don't approve of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
clearly if I acknowledge the technicality I'm admitting I was wrong on that point, but there was another point in there, one that is more important than being technically correct about the content of the 3 pages of bullshit prior... that at this point you guys need to go find another forum to yell at each other. I am not wrong about that and that is what I said, had you taken the time to actually try to understand me you would've known that and your last reply would've been just this bit:


to which I would reply that while it's technically true, when you guys fill up pages faster than I can read them with off topic bullshit... not only does no one want to read it all but any real on topic reply gets lost in the shit and so it's pointless. I think people reading know this and hesitate to reply because what's the point?
As I stated, you're wrong and not merely as a matter of technicality. I had taken to the time to read and understood what you meant, and what you meant isn't what you actually posted.

There is a fairly regular way this site's threads go: A thread will go off-topic, with some more than others. Usually there gets to be a thread or two that really continue on as they circle the drain, with most people ostensibly having said their piece on the actual topic of the thread. Then, if the off-topic posting goes on long enough, a poster, possibly more than one, will come in to make an off-topic post about the thread going off-topic; sometimes complaining that it's off-topic or making fun of the fact that it is off-topic. Occasionally a poster complaining about off-topic posting will continue creating off-topic posts in the very thread they complained about the off-topic postings. Eventually the thread will die for whatever reason, only for the same thing to occur later in another thread. Have you figured out which role you're playing, Screwy?

If I see a post in a thread that I'm reading that doesn't interest me, I skip it. It's simple. If you're unable to handle that, you can use other features offered to you by this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
You're bullshit is stifling on topic conversation. Take it somewhere else.
Can you request they change your name on these boards to irony?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:33 PM   #112
screwyluie
Evil Dead
 
screwyluie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,216
thank you for proving my point better than I ever could have Venom. That was word for word the exact reply I expected from you based on what I said in my previous post. I couldn't have come up with a more picture perfect example if I tried.

Just wanted to say thanks for that.
__________________
2016 PAX East
2016 PAX West
screwyluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:38 PM   #113
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
thank you for proving my point better than I ever could have Venom. That was word for word the exact reply I expected from you based on what I said in my previous post. I couldn't have come up with a more picture perfect example if I tried.

Just wanted to say thanks for that.
Still posting off-topic while complaining about off-topic posts? Brilliant.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nintendo, nintendo switch

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:47 AM.