Yesterday 11:20 PM
10 Replies, 641 Views

Old 11-26-2016, 11:35 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Capcom to Support Street Fighter V Until 2020 #SFV

MCV has the story.

Quote:
Brawler Street Fighter will be supported for the next four years.

Thats according to a Famitsu interview with producers Yoshinori Ono and Tomoaki Ayano - as translated by Event Hubs in which Ono said that the road map of future content extended beyond one or two years. In fact, the eccentric producer said that the road map goes as far as 2020 or so.

The duo were also asked about whether other fighting games title will launch during this time, with Ono saying that while he would like to do other titles, Capcom is focused on solidifying Street Fighter V as an eSports title.

He said that the company is seeing higher entrant numbers than with Street Fighter IV, too.

Its not just a 1-2 year thing, Ono said, asked about SFVs road map. Were looking pretty far ahead Weve planned out as far as 2020 or so.

He continued: Id be happy if we could [do other titles than Street Fighter]. But first, wed have to solidify Street Fighter V as an eSports title. I said in the beginning that weve seen a higher number of entrants than we had in the Street Fighter IV era, but wed like to heighten that even further. The more people participate, the bigger tournaments we can host, and the more people are going to watch.

Street Fighter V launched in February 2016. By May, it had sold 1.4m units, but since then it has sold less than 100,000 copies.
Translation: More overpriced $DLC on the way!
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 01:31 PM   #2
4205 Cast
Death Knight

(Joe) I think significant gameplay changes need to happen in order to revitalize this. The game was released (prematurely) with e-sports in mind and the general consensus among high level players is that the game is a chore played only for the Capcom bucks. On the flipside, poor net code, lengthy time between matches, rage quitter and lack of single player content lost a lot of the casual players early on. So who's going to be left to enjoy these 4 years of updates? A large overhaul is required in order to salvage this.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Joe, you're spot on! I wanted to like this one.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:31 AM   #4
Judas
Evil Dead

Something akin Super, Ultra, Special, HD remake versions of the same old Capcom formula of Street Fighter releases.
Judas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:16 AM   #5
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

I still just miss the old 2D games. In fact, I miss when World Warrior was the only Street Fighter there was (SF1 did not count, not even if it had those big foam punchy buttons.) That was back when only reclusive SF2 hermits knew how to do the dragon punch and only a rookie or a madman would regularly use Zangief. My arcade had two smaller SF2 machines and one big one with an ash tray attached. At that machine, I inhaled massive amounts of second hand smoke to the point where, though I don't smoke, I still wax nostalgic over the smell of a freshly lit cigarette. These were the glory days of Street Fighter and they will never come back.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:45 PM   #6
Misanthropist
Evil Dead

my 360 has the arcade sticks, and the last street fighter i will likely ever own. onto better things!
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capcom, street fighter v