7 Replies, 1,001 Views
Red Dead Redemption 2 -...
Last post by blackzc
Today 01:05 AM
16 Replies, 1,949 Views

Old 05-27-2017, 11:50 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Nintendo Switch Version Of Monster Hunter XX Supports Cross-Play With 3DS, Trailer

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:
Capcom has revealed some more details on the recently announced Switch version of Monster Hunter XX.

The game is scheduled to arrive in Japan this summer on August 25. The physical release will retail for •5,800 ($52), while the digital version will cost slightly less at •5,546. ($49.82).

Monster Hunter XX was initially released for 3DS back in March. The upcoming Switch version features the same content, but now supports 1080p resolution when docked and 720p in handheld mode. Like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, which released simultaneously for both 3DS and Wii U, players can transfer their save data from the 3DS game to the new Switch version, and vice-versa. Likewise. Monster Hunter Generations players can transfer their saves to the Switch game, though this data cannot be transferred back. The Switch version also supports cross-play with the 3DS title, though it's strictly limited to online sessions; up to four Switch players can play together either locally or online, however.

Capcom also revealed a special edition Switch bundle, which will launch alongside the game in Japan on August 25. The bundle retails for •36,280 ($325.87) and includes a copy of Monster Hunter XX along with a special Monster Hunter-themed Switch dock.
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:50 AM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:02 PM   #3
Male Chauvinist
Knight

Switch sales spike confirmed.
Male Chauvinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:22 PM   #4
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Capcom also revealed a special edition Switch bundle, which...includes a copy of Monster Hunter XX along with a special Monster Hunter-themed Switch dock.
Oh boy, that will sell like gangbusters. It prints money!

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:15 AM   #5
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

I don't get it. The console has regurgitated titles, resolution and framerates suck, and AAA titles are skipping it because lack of power and online features. Besides those issues, the joy cons are for little girl hands and the system doesn't come with a true controller. No way to do online save backups and the screen is super easy to scratch. I don't understand the Love for it. In a year when the game library is only filled with kid garbage, the love will definitely fall off.
karaliusbronius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:07 AM   #6
Grandpappy
Evil Dead

And I still can't find one for MSRP
Grandpappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:13 PM   #7
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Welp, gonna be rough for the PS4 in Japan going forward.
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:27 PM   #8
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpappy View Post
And I still can't find one for MSRP
In Hong Kong I can get them at every electronics shop for no mark up. I still haven't seen anyone using them. I wonder what's the local disconnect or why any units are being funneled here.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:33 AM   #9
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Monster Hunter XX Switch bundle sells out in 100 mins.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:09 AM   #10
31 Flavas
Baskin-Robbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
In Hong Kong I can get them at every electronics shop for no mark up. I still haven't seen anyone using them. I wonder what's the local disconnect or why any units are being funneled here.
Why not bank on this then? Buy out the switch and sell them on eBay / Amazon, etc. Easy $$
[The DS] was a huge success because it had basically zero competition.
31 Flavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:38 AM   #11
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 Flavas View Post
Why not bank on this then? Buy out the switch and sell them on eBay / Amazon, etc. Easy $$
This would be a hurdle he'd likely face when trying to flip units from Hong Kong; their electrical grid is 220V/50Hz (residential, single phase), whereas the US grid runs at 120V/60Hz (residential, single phase). Plus, the two countries use different standardized plugs; whoever bought one from him would most likely have to buy an adapter. Not all of the electrical grids are the same, which means devices - despite being the "same" from country to country - have to be designed to function on the correct voltage and frequency of the particular grid they're being connected to.

Of course, you may be able to get around this by simply buying a new dock (the transformer and/or rectifier is probably located in the dock, not the Switch itself)...but, that's an additional $90, on top of whatever his buyers would be paying for the Switch.

Fortunately, the Switch is region-free...but, you still have to plug the damn thing in.

I'm sure there are those who would just snap one up, sight unseen, but this is the sort of crap I'd think about before importing a device like this.

Last edited by Chimpbot; 05-31-2017 at 07:00 AM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:35 AM   #12
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
This would be a hurdle he'd likely face when trying to flip units from Hong Kong; their electrical grid is 220V/50Hz (residential, single phase), whereas the US grid runs at 120V/60Hz (residential, single phase). Plus, the two countries use different standardized plugs; whoever bought one from him would most likely have to buy an adapter. Not all of the electrical grids are the same, which means devices - despite being the "same" from country to country - have to be designed to function on the correct voltage and frequency of the particular grid they're being connected to.

Of course, you may be able to get around this by simply buying a new dock (the transformer and/or rectifier is probably located in the dock, not the Switch itself)...but, that's an additional $90, on top of whatever his buyers would be paying for the Switch.

Fortunately, the Switch is region-free...but, you still have to plug the damn thing in.

I'm sure there are those who would just snap one up, sight unseen, but this is the sort of crap I'd think about before importing a device like this.
It's a USB 3.1 Type C connector--Swap out the plug and it's fine. Also, I've plugged everything into the mains here, including American electronics, without a hitch. I do not believe the old issue of hair dryers a-sploding, something I've seen happen in England, is as much of an issue these days.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:37 AM   #13
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
It's a USB 3.1 Type C connector--Swap out the plug and it's fine. Also, I've plugged everything into the mains here, including American electronics, without a hitch. I do not believe the old issue of hair dryers a-sploding, something I've seen happen in England, is as much of an issue these days.
Oh, right; I forgot the power cord was just a USB-C cable; I haven't touched that since I hooked up the dock three months back.

The voltage/frequency issue would still be an issue with most electronic devices, though. Something built to work with 50 AC cycles per second wouldn't function well when receiving 60 cycles per second, and vice-versa.

Tags
capcom, monster hunter, nintendo, switch