Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
DC's Watchmen TV...
Last post by vallor
Yesterday 10:38 PM
29 Replies, 1,169 Views
Star Wars: Boba Fett...
Last post by vallor
Yesterday 09:59 PM
2 Replies, 147 Views
Detroit: Become Human...
Last post by Exodus
Yesterday 09:32 PM
9 Replies, 647 Views
Totalbiscuit dies at 33
Last post by Exodus
Yesterday 09:31 PM
6 Replies, 336 Views
Gamer's Shopping Guide:...
Last post by Wizzkidd
Yesterday 08:11 PM
4 Replies, 1,261 Views
Far Cry 5: Hours of...
Last post by Wizzkidd
Yesterday 08:03 PM
1 Replies, 119 Views
EA Announces Battlefield...
Last post by Vulture
Yesterday 05:59 PM
15 Replies, 680 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 04:34 PM
1,581 Replies, 175,001 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2018, 06:19 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff
 
Emabulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 30,882
Blog Entries: 58
Monster Hunter World is Now Capcom's Best-Selling Game of All Time


Eurogamer has word that Capcom has a console monster on its hands.

Quote:
Monster Hunter World has become the best-selling game in Capcom's 38-year history - beating every Resident Evil, Mega Man, Dead Rising and Street Fighter (sorry Wes).

Capcom announced this morning it had now shipped 7.5m copies of its beastie bashing role-player - a figure that tots up physical units sold to retailers as well as digital downloads.

World launched at the end of January for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, meaning it has reached this sales milestone in just five weeks.

The game's PC version is still to launch, too. It has an "autumn 2018" release window.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:45 AM   #2
brandonjclark
Subscriber
 
brandonjclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,431
It's sold more than Street Fighter? Any of them?
__________________
~B$
Gamertag: legisilverback | Steam Nickname: brandonjclark
...playing Rebel Galaxy
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:54 AM   #3
Sensei-X
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
It's sold more than Street Fighter? Any of them?
Seems that way. Apparently the best selling Street Fighter game ever was Street Fighter II: The World Warrior on SNES having sold 6.5 million copies.
__________________
"You shutup, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if you died or if your mother was eaten by a bear or something." - TheFlyingOrc
Sensei-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:11 AM   #4
Scherge
Subscriber
 
Scherge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei-X View Post
Seems that way. Apparently the best selling Street Fighter game ever was Street Fighter II: The World Warrior on SNES having sold 6.5 million copies.
Well, fighting games have been on a downward spiral for 20 years now. But seriously: "Resident Evil 5" - the streamlined multi-platform zombie action game following the immensely-hyped RE4 - is supposed to have sold fewer copies? I find that very hard to believe. Or are we talking about full-price sales? Or, if we aren't: What about handheld/mobile games?
__________________
“Ich bin der Geist der stets verneint!” - Me(phistopheles)
Scherge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:34 AM   #5
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
Well, fighting games have been on a downward spiral for 20 years now. But seriously: "Resident Evil 5" - the streamlined multi-platform zombie action game following the immensely-hyped RE4 - is supposed to have sold fewer copies? I find that very hard to believe. Or are we talking about full-price sales? Or, if we aren't: What about handheld/mobile games?
Yah, just a quick visit to VGChartz (i know, not gospel)



Resident Evil 4
PS2
3.62m

Resident Evil 4
Wii
2.22m

Resident Evil 4
GC
1.69m

Resident Evil 4
Mob
.03m

That's 7.56 million

This doesn't include the XBOX 360 or or PS3 digital only sales, which MHW is including digital sales.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:06 AM   #6
Hellstorm
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,997
Shall we start the whole shipped VS sold debate?
__________________
"Downward F#%king Dog!!!"
"Some people F%#k at funerals. I cut off heads."
--The Wisdom of Travis Touchdown
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:16 AM   #7
wunshot
Subscriber
 
wunshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,025
Does anyone else find this game to be really sloppy? I tried to like it, but the first boss battle took like 15 mins and forced me to run all over the place while wacking the guy in the back. Just felt like it needed an editor to trim the fat and make it fun.

Maybe I'm used to Dark Souls and Bloodborne but that's just how I think challenging boss battles should be. It should be challenging my skills, not challenging my patience with some tedious mechanics that last forever....

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents. I wanted to like it, but I couldn't bring myself to play it any further than that.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:23 AM   #8
BalekFekete
Claptrap Bitch
 
BalekFekete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Circa Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
Does anyone else find this game to be really sloppy? I tried to like it, but the first boss battle took like 15 mins and forced me to run all over the place while wacking the guy in the back. Just felt like it needed an editor to trim the fat and make it fun.

Maybe I'm used to Dark Souls and Bloodborne but that's just how I think challenging boss battles should be. It should be challenging my skills, not challenging my patience with some tedious mechanics that last forever....

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents. I wanted to like it, but I couldn't bring myself to play it any further than that.
There is definitely a hurdle you have to get over to get most of the mechanics down and past all the poorly...strike that...absent documentation on how things work. That said, once you get the hang of it all including the weapon/armor progression scheme, the game does become more fun than work.

I've got 80 hours into the game so far, and still find myself getting side tracked to hunt X monster in hopes of building Y armor set. I'm into the 'high rank' game now, and the pain has really started. Game certainly isn't for everyone, but those with a good dose of OCD and a weird sense of fun in really punishing boss fights will find there is a good time to be had.
__________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -Benjamin Franklin
XBL - BalekFekete || PSN - BalekFekete
BalekFekete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:34 AM   #9
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead
 
ElektroDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 10,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalekFekete View Post
There is definitely a hurdle you have to get over to get most of the mechanics down and past all the poorly...strike that...absent documentation on how things work. That said, once you get the hang of it all including the weapon/armor progression scheme, the game does become more fun than work.

I've got 80 hours into the game so far, and still find myself getting side tracked to hunt X monster in hopes of building Y armor set. I'm into the 'high rank' game now, and the pain has really started. Game certainly isn't for everyone, but those with a good dose of OCD and a weird sense of fun in really punishing boss fights will find there is a good time to be had.
It seems really multiplayer focused. Can you SP the whole game or not? Tempted to sell my copy if not.
__________________
Proud to be perma-banned 5 times on NeoGAF.
ElektroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:21 PM   #10
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
It seems really multiplayer focused. Can you SP the whole game or not? Tempted to sell my copy if not.
It's actually more single player focused until you complete the story. One of the biggest complaints was how janky the multiplayer was during the story mode.

Once you reach the "end game" content, it shifts more toward playing with others. Until then, it's all soloable.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:30 PM   #11
wunshot
Subscriber
 
wunshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalekFekete View Post
There is definitely a hurdle you have to get over to get most of the mechanics down and past all the poorly...strike that...absent documentation on how things work. That said, once you get the hang of it all including the weapon/armor progression scheme, the game does become more fun than work.

I've got 80 hours into the game so far, and still find myself getting side tracked to hunt X monster in hopes of building Y armor set. I'm into the 'high rank' game now, and the pain has really started. Game certainly isn't for everyone, but those with a good dose of OCD and a weird sense of fun in really punishing boss fights will find there is a good time to be had.

Thanks. I'll give it another go. I really wanted to like it, but it seemed like they threw way too much stuff at you without any meaningful explanation, and then you honestly didn't even know if you were fighting the boss correctly (which i probably wasn't).
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:55 PM   #12
ashikenshin
Subscriber
 
ashikenshin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
It seems really multiplayer focused. Can you SP the whole game or not? Tempted to sell my copy if not.
Yeah, but going to this game for the story is not the way to go. Everything in this game is easier if you go solo. The monsters have less health and hit softer when you are going only with your cat npc friend. You can always call for help during any mission and (most likely) three japanese guys will come and take care of your monster.

If you find a weapon to be too slow or not to your liking, switch to another weapon. Each weapon has a completely different play style and there are 14 to choose from.

I play with heavy bowgun and gunlance. Heavy bowgun plays a bit like resident evil, but with basically a machingun.

I love this game, I probably have more than 200 hours put in by now.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:30 PM   #13
Primus
Valar Morghulis
 
Primus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fairfax Ruins
Posts: 2,395
Outside of the multiplayer system this game is amazing.
__________________
XBL: Primus DCE

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:46 PM   #14
brandonjclark
Subscriber
 
brandonjclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Outside of the multiplayer system this game is amazing.

And despite the OP's news of the sales numbers, it will probably remain known as a niche title.

Ironic.
__________________
~B$
Gamertag: legisilverback | Steam Nickname: brandonjclark
...playing Rebel Galaxy
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:20 PM   #15
wunshot
Subscriber
 
wunshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post

I play with heavy bowgun and gunlance. Heavy bowgun plays a bit like resident evil, but with basically a machingun.
Good call. I switched to the heavy bowgun and the game became ten times as fun. Thanks!
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:13 AM   #16
ashikenshin
Subscriber
 
ashikenshin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
Good call. I switched to the heavy bowgun and the game became ten times as fun. Thanks!
Np dude, there are some weapons that are so much fun. When you want to try other weapons, you can check out this video that compares each weapon with another game in which the gameplay is similar.

ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
capcom, monster hunter world

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:12 AM.