Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Rogue Company Launches...
Last post by walstib
Today 08:15 AM
5 Replies, 247 Views
Kung flu
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 08:13 AM
515 Replies, 15,786 Views
Post something good you...
Last post by brandonjclark
Today 07:42 AM
315 Replies, 91,812 Views
PlayStation 5 Will Not...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 07:21 AM
8 Replies, 292 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 06:41 AM
12 Replies, 338 Views
How to CATALOG YOUR...
Last post by blackzc
Today 02:50 AM
6 Replies, 708 Views
Torchlight III Reveals...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 08:08 PM
1 Replies, 161 Views
No Straight Roads...
Last post by vallor
Yesterday 08:02 PM
5 Replies, 166 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2015, 08:38 PM   #61
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred
 
Suicidal ShiZuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Right on the Beach
Posts: 10,155
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Lulz.







December 1994, Me, in a 67 VW bug, 17 years old, a sunny winter sunday morning, driving down the street of my old neighborhood. Not sure where i was going or why but i remember it.. its a death bed memory, i was happy at that moment and ill never forget it.

Too much nostalgia is a bad thing but imo if you are someone who doesn't reflect and remember the good times you are just trying to hard. Besides our ways and culture are intertwined with it. Chill the fuck out and enjoy your past.


As for using it to get by? Im guilty at times. Not these days though. But i can feel the need coming back as we speak. I will be back to living in the 90s collecting god knows what sooner or later. Prolly PC Engine stuff.
Goof job reading way too in to what I said and making up your own bullshit. Work on that reading comprehension I never said or even implied nostalgia is bad. It's when your life is based on it as in the modern "gamer" and "geek" culture that we are a part of with so many posers and shills constantly making references or dressing like a teenager with 90s and 80s references all over the place for no good reason.

Hell the only reason Nintendo is still around is solely due to nostalgia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
No what you just said was the stupidest thing i ever read. Go down the list of people you know that have brought up resolution in any capacity other than some first time reading of the specs when it came out....No one except internet fanboys cares about resolution. Yes, internet fanboys.

You should work on that grammar as well as the reading comprehension. Did I say people always bring up resolution? No I didn't so once again you add in your own bullshit. I don't need to repeat what I said before about stupid consumers not understanding what they buy unless I put it in a more simple format for you to hopefully comprehend. Resolution plays a major role in the overall experience it doesn't matter whether or not people actually understand that for it be a factor in quality. It's the console only morons that don't care about resolution and the same goes for people not caring about input lag, frame drops or laggy p2p connections for online play. The fact that I even need to explain these things are proof that people have the mindset of a child in these areas. This kind of ignorance is why everything is so fucked up right now within the video game industry. It's 2015 people need to take it upon themselves to not be so god damn uninformed.
__________________
"This game raped my wife, slaughtered my son and left me for dead."

Last edited by Suicidal ShiZuru; 09-24-2015 at 08:54 PM..
Suicidal ShiZuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:29 PM   #62
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 7,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
Goof job reading way too in to what I said and making up your own bullshit. Work on that reading comprehension I never said or even implied nostalgia is bad. It's when your life is based on it as in the modern "gamer" and "geek" culture that we are a part of with so many posers and shills constantly making references or dressing like a teenager with 90s and 80s references all over the place for no good reason.

Hell the only reason Nintendo is still around is solely due to nostalgia.




You should work on that grammar as well as the reading comprehension. Did I say people always bring up resolution? No I didn't so once again you add in your own bullshit. I don't need to repeat what I said before about stupid consumers not understanding what they buy unless I put it in a more simple format for you to hopefully comprehend. Resolution plays a major role in the overall experience it doesn't matter whether or not people actually understand that for it be a factor in quality. It's the console only morons that don't care about resolution and the same goes for people not caring about input lag, frame drops or laggy p2p connections for online play. The fact that I even need to explain these things are proof that people have the mindset of a child in these areas. This kind of ignorance is why everything is so fucked up right now within the video game industry. It's 2015 people need to take it upon themselves to not be so god damn uninformed.

You never brought up nub 18 year olds trying to be 90s, my misinterpretation is warranted. . This site is full of old people. Who do you think you are talking to? As for (game culture) i dont do it. I dont visit neogaf, ign, or any other limp wristed white boy SJW game site, i dont buy 90s shirts because i still have some in my goddam closet. I come here and listen to Retrogamingroundup podcast, thats it. I AM retro video games. Do you fucking understand me?!
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy

Last edited by blackzc; 09-24-2015 at 09:49 PM..
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:44 PM   #63
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
This is one of the most stupid things I have ever read. Being an educated consumer is not being an "internet fanboy" whatever the fuck that is supposed to even mean. A higher resolution leads to better graphics every time even on "ugly" games. You can even use higher resolutions on a lower resolution display to improve the graphics if you have the proper hardware... Idiots like you and your friends just don't understand the things you buy or how they function. You're the kind people who probably own 720p televisions.

FYI you don't buy games based on resolution because you're stuck with two consoles that can't even regularly achieve 1080p or a steady frame rate. I understand people wanting the simplicity of consoles but don't delude yourself and spew bullshit to others.
Your response to Wolfgang is idiotic.

1) Wolfgang wasn't arguing that 1080p wasn't superior to sub-1080p -- he argued that most people, when it's upscaled and within a certain range, don't appear to notice the difference. If you'd like to see evidence of this, see how nobody, which includes you, Suicidal, noticed that Killzone's multiplayer wasn't native 1080p until Digital Foundry reported it.

2) Seeing as Wolfgang has stated that he had a technical job professionally, I believe it's safe to assume he understands resolution.

3) I believe it's more likely that he and his friends don't buy games based on resolution because resolution doesn't magically make a game fun. If you purchase games simply based upon resolution, I hope you've stopped buying games that aren't 4k. If that were the case, Rambo: The Video Game would have been amazing if it were just in 4k resolution, or "Suicidal's Flinging Shit Again" would be awesome based on resolution alone. That'd be a silly argument to make. Maybe you buy games based upon their resolution? That doesn't explain why you own a PS4 seeing as 4k resolution is out there.

4) If you buy games based on resolution, you're buying them for a point on paper and not for the reasons many - if not most - gamers buy their games -- to have fun. It's also a rather stupid statement from you considering that you own a PS4. If resolution truly mattered as much as you're making it out to be, where being near 1080p and upscaling is driving people away in hordes, then developers would only make games that were 1080p. Of course, seeing as we were just discussing the Wii, it seems people are quite willing to overlook a lot.

5) Anyone with even the most rudimentary knowledge of how performance works should understand that there is often a trade-off in resolution (see: general fps dip as resolution rises).

6) You've deluded yourself into spewing bullshit to others.

Despite evidence that people can't tell the difference when things are upscaled from near-1080p to 1080p, it's something fanboys like to argue about. The point is, when it comes down to it, it appears people have a hard time actually telling the difference from slightly sub-1080p that's upscaled to native 1080p -- unless they're simply reading it on the internet, then it's clearly a major difference.

You want to complain that people are reading "way too in" to what you posted when that's exactly what you did to Wolfgang.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:16 PM   #64
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,410
Yeah I don't get the super high resolution hype either. 1920x1080 is plenty fine for me, I don't need 4k resolution to enjoy a game if the game is fun.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:26 PM   #65
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred
 
Suicidal ShiZuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Right on the Beach
Posts: 10,155
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
Your response to Wolfgang is idiotic.

1) Wolfgang wasn't arguing that 1080p wasn't superior to sub-1080p -- he argued that most people, when it's upscaled and within a certain range, don't appear to notice the difference. If you'd like to see evidence of this, see how nobody, which includes you, Suicidal, noticed that Killzone's multiplayer wasn't native 1080p until Digital Foundry reported it.
He wasn't arguing anything at all involving upscaling. The post I quoted was about his comments on graphics and native 1080p... As for Killzone that game gives me eye cancer and is a giant piece of shit. I don't think I even cared about what its resolution was. Considering how early on that title was released I might have been on the hype train still hoping for 1080p/60 fps on the PS4. I don't know for sure but feel free to waste your time finding where I actually commented on it.

I really don't see how you're not understanding what Wolfgang said and my response. It's not even about which games run at what res it's about the fact that he implied resolution didn't matter while at the same time stating that people only care about graphics when they're inherently tied together. That is absurdly stupid.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
2) Seeing as Wolfgang has stated that he had a technical job professionally, I believe it's safe to assume he understands resolution.
This doesn't mean a damn thing and you're making that presumption based on a vague job description. I make good money off of idiots who don't comprehend the hardware they use to make a living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
3) I believe it's more likely that he and his friends don't buy games based on resolution because resolution doesn't magically make a game fun. If you purchase games simply based upon resolution, I hope you've stopped buying games that aren't 4k. If that were the case, Rambo: The Video Game would have been amazing if it were just in 4k resolution, or "Suicidal's Flinging Shit Again" would be awesome based on resolution alone. That'd be a silly argument to make. Maybe you buy games based upon their resolution? That doesn't explain why you own a PS4 seeing as 4k resolution is out there.

I primarily game on PC where my resolution is whatever I want it to be. I don't even run my desktops at less than 1440p. The rest of that is just more bullshit. It's not about "fun" this is specifically about my response to Wolfgang which pertained solely to graphics and resolution. The fact that you bring up 4K proves you're just looking to fling shit. It's too early to fully support 4K for gaming you're stuck at console frame rates right now on modern titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
4) If you buy games based on resolution, you're buying them for a point on paper and not for the reasons many - if not most - gamers buy their games -- to have fun. It's also a rather stupid statement from you considering that you own a PS4. If resolution truly mattered as much as you're making it out to be, where being near 1080p and upscaling is driving people away in hordes, then developers would only make games that were 1080p. Of course, seeing as we were just discussing the Wii, it seems people are quite willing to overlook a lot.

Now you make assumptions. I don't buy games based on resolution since I can set it to whatever the fuck I want. I own a PS4, yes, as there are exclusives I like to play on it along with the people I know who do the same and it's also my blu-ray player. You seem to forget that the "point on paper" actually matters in real life use... Whether or not you or anyone else "cares". Hardly anyone that drives a vehicle can change a tire and most surely don't know shit about their engine but that is a key component in its function. Whether or not you're aware it makes a difference in how the vehicle performs overall. Ignorance is never an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
5) Anyone with even the most rudimentary knowledge of how performance works should understand that there is often a trade-off in resolution (see: general fps dip as resolution rises).
Okay no one was arguing against that... Hilariously on consoles you rarely get a stable frame rate regardless of the resolution. Once again you bring up something that is technically related but not within the current discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
6) You've deluded yourself into spewing bullshit to others.
No it's just that most people are retarded.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
Despite evidence that people can't tell the difference when things are upscaled from near-1080p to 1080p, it's something fanboys like to argue about. The point is, when it comes down to it, it appears people have a hard time actually telling the difference from slightly sub-1080p that's upscaled to native 1080p -- unless they're simply reading it on the internet, then it's clearly a major difference.
People not noticing the difference has been discussed before and most don't even have a proper 1080p setup to see the difference. Now you're specifically mentioning near 1080p to 1080p when once again that wasn't even brought up with Wolfgang. The main point of contention is between the relationship of resolution and graphics. Have you even seen anything above 1080p that wasn't in a store?


This is the same disconnect people have who don't understand the glory of G Sync because they've never experienced it and don't understand the technology...
__________________
"This game raped my wife, slaughtered my son and left me for dead."

Last edited by Suicidal ShiZuru; 09-24-2015 at 11:39 PM..
Suicidal ShiZuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 04:35 AM   #66
Wolfgang
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
This is one of the most stupid things I have ever read. Being an educated consumer is not being an "internet fanboy" whatever the fuck that is supposed to even mean. A higher resolution leads to better graphics every time even on "ugly" games. You can even use higher resolutions on a lower resolution display to improve the graphics if you have the proper hardware... Idiots like you and your friends just don't understand the things you buy or how they function. You're the kind people who probably own 720p televisions.

FYI you don't buy games based on resolution because you're stuck with two consoles that can't even regularly achieve 1080p or a steady frame rate. I understand people wanting the simplicity of consoles but don't delude yourself and spew bullshit to others.
Yeah... cause I have two gaming consoles that means I don't also have a nice gaming PC... Brilliant. I will remind myself that as a play try out one of the new DX12 game betas tonight.

As stated, there is more to gaming than resolution. Don't you need to go defend Battlefield in some thread? Where shitty netcode = real life bullet drop? Yeah...
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 04:39 AM   #67
Wolfgang
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
This is the same disconnect people have who don't understand the glory of G Sync because they've never experienced it and don't understand the technology...
Idiots like you buy tech that is proprietary to one vender instead of support an open standard that is supported by multiple vendors.


Also... it is F'ing obvious that when talking about the graphics they are upscaled. On the X1 and PS4 if it isn't native 1080p EVERYTHING is upscaled to 1080p. Good lord. Quit being a moron, oh wait, yes you are. Shitty net code = bullet drop in game... that already has bullet drop. ahahaha
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:00 AM   #68
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
He wasn't arguing anything at all involving upscaling. The post I quoted was about his comments on graphics and native 1080p... As for Killzone that game gives me eye cancer and is a giant piece of shit. I don't think I even cared about what its resolution was. Considering how early on that title was released I might have been on the hype train still hoping for 1080p/60 fps on the PS4. I don't know for sure but feel free to waste your time finding where I actually commented on it.
You know that the Xbox One automatically upscales to 1080p, right? I thought you were an "educated user" that would know that. I guess you needed to be educated on the subject. If you understood this, you would possibly have a better understanding of Wolfgang's post.

You didn't even care what resolution Killzone was? Wow. You sound like a person that is stuck on the consoles, according to you earlier:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal Shizuru
FYI you don't buy games based on resolution because you're stuck with two consoles that can't even regularly achieve 1080p or a steady frame rate. I understand people wanting the simplicity of consoles but don't delude yourself and spew bullshit to others.
This is, of course, an assumption that Wolfgang is "stuck" on the consoles. As we shall see as your post goes on, you're assuming this based upon what?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
I really don't see how you're not understanding what Wolfgang said and my response. It's not even about which games run at what res it's about the fact that he implied resolution didn't matter while at the same time stating that people only care about graphics when they're inherently tied together. That is absurdly stupid.
Oh, I understand your response -- it was idiotic. He didn't imply resolution didn't matter, he stated that he and his friends don't care about if a game on the Xbox One, which upscales resolutions to 1080p (come on, educated user!), doesn't have native 1080p. The point was, which you seem to be unable to grasp, is that he was pointing out people don't seem to give a shit of a relatively minor difference between 1080p and slightly less that is upscaled. Killzone is a wonderful example because it's nearly universally seen as an attractive game -- people couldn't tell when it was being upscaled to 1080p versus when it was running at native 1080p resolutions on the same exact setup.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
This doesn't mean a damn thing and you're making that presumption based on a vague job description. I make good money off of idiots who don't comprehend the hardware they use to make a living.
It's not based off mere presumption; I've read his posts through a variety of threads.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
I primarily game on PC where my resolution is whatever I want it to be. I don't even run my desktops at less than 1440p. The rest of that is just more bullshit. It's not about "fun" this is specifically about my response to Wolfgang which pertained solely to graphics and resolution. The fact that you bring up 4K proves you're just looking to fling shit. It's too early to fully support 4K for gaming you're stuck at console frame rates right now on modern titles.
You've made a foolish response to Wolfgang that was based around not comprehending the discussion at hand. I bring up 4k because you said the only people that don't buy games based off resolution are those stuck on the consoles -- yet you've admitted in this post I'm responding to that you don't buy games based off resolution (See: Killzone), but also claim you're not stuck on consoles. Who cares about framerates? Who cares about anything but resolution. The only people, per you, that don't buy games for resolution are those peons "stuck" on consoles! On a completely unrelated note, how's your PS4?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
Now you make assumptions. I don't buy games based on resolution since I can set it to whatever the fuck I want. I own a PS4, yes, as there are exclusives I like to play on it along with the people I know who do the same and it's also my blu-ray player. You seem to forget that the "point on paper" actually matters in real life use... Whether or not you or anyone else "cares". Hardly anyone that drives a vehicle can change a tire and most surely don't know shit about their engine but that is a key component in its function. Whether or not you're aware it makes a difference in how the vehicle performs overall. Ignorance is never an excuse.
Now I make assumptions? You already accused me of making assumptions earlier in this post. While it's certainly true that there is a real, measurable difference between 1080p and sub-1080p, in practice there is evidence, as seen with Killzone, that to the human eye, people don't seem to really notice when games are upscaled to 1080p from slightly lower resolutions. Does the fact a game has native 1080p resolution matter if that same game can be upscaled to 1080p and nobody notices? It doesn't matter, except on paper.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
Okay no one was arguing against that... Hilariously on consoles you rarely get a stable frame rate regardless of the resolution. Once again you bring up something that is technically related but not within the current discussion.
This is in line with your hyperbolic statements that you frequently make. It is within the current discussion, if you had understood the point of Wolfgang's post -- you obviously didn't.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
No it's just that most people are retarded.
Riiiight. You've, in this very thread I'm responding to, assumed both the position you're attacking from (resolution IS what you buy games for) and the position that you're attacking (you've bought games NOT based on resolution). The evidence points to notion that people cannot tell slightly sub-1080p being upscaled versus native 1080p. Individuals, to include you, were unaware that Killzone's multiplayer was not natively 1080p.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
People not noticing the difference has been discussed before and most don't even have a proper 1080p setup to see the difference. Now you're specifically mentioning near 1080p to 1080p when once again that wasn't even brought up with Wolfgang. The main point of contention is between the relationship of resolution and graphics. Have you even seen anything above 1080p that wasn't in a store?
You're supporting Wolfgang and my case here. What were we talking about? Xbox One games that weren't natively 1080p -- yes, we were talking about near 1080p. Yes, I've witnessed properly setup displays that are beyond 4k outside of stores. You're not stuck at 4k, are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
This is the same disconnect people have who don't understand the glory of G Sync because they've never experienced it and don't understand the technology...
It is a nice feature. Yet the "glory" of that feature didn't prevent you from purchasing a console that didn't support G-Sync.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:10 PM   #69
PSPfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Black is fine, he's not a bad guy by any means. You on the other hand are a piece of shit. So there's that. Get it? No one likes you PSP. No one.
What exactly makes me a piece of shit? Arguing? Calling someone out for a fallacy or illogical opinion? It's not like I constantly name-call... like you. Name one thing I do that you don't that qualifies me as a "piece of shit." You're using that term extremely loosely and blindly simply because you're bitter towards me.

No one likes me? Damn. Well, then. Wonder how you know this for a fact. Oh, that's right... you don't. You're just so biased against me you'll say anything, even if you contradict yourself. You're not exactly Mr. Popularity around here, so be quiet and stop embarrassing yourself. Who cares.


Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
He said Nintendo consoles should die. (psp voice) I jolly dam well take exception to that notion and reject it thusly (psp voice)
Hey, hey! I resent this false representation of me. I am NOT a Brit!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
Then again I'm not a child
Thanks for clearing that up. Coulda fooled me.

I WILL acknowledge that I believe your point about nostalgia is a valid one. However, Nintendo has done a good job keeping those franchises polished. The Wii was a gigantic success, sure. But I DO believe the system was meh. As some people need to be explained, money =/= quality. Ironic that people say this is the "most irrelevant genre of consoles" yet the sales would dispute that.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:18 PM   #70
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
What exactly makes me a piece of shit? Arguing? Calling someone out for a fallacy or illogical opinion? It's not like I constantly name-call... like you. Name one thing I do that you don't that qualifies me as a "piece of shit." You're using that term extremely loosely and blindly simply because you're bitter towards me.

No one likes me? Damn. Well, then. Wonder how you know this for a fact. Oh, that's right... you don't. You're just so biased against me you'll say anything, even if you contradict yourself. You're not exactly Mr. Popularity around here, so be quiet and stop embarrassing yourself. Who cares.




Hey, hey! I resent this false representation of me. I am NOT a Brit!




Thanks for clearing that up. Coulda fooled me.

I WILL acknowledge that I believe your point about nostalgia is a valid one. However, Nintendo has done a good job keeping those franchises polished. The Wii was a gigantic success, sure. But I DO believe the system was meh. As some people need to be explained, money =/= quality. Ironic that people say this is the "most irrelevant genre of consoles" yet the sales would dispute that.
Not being able to own up to flat out stating someone's opinion on something, be it a game, or movie actor is wrong. Now you're going with the logical fallacy angle. Lets get right down to it, you're one of the progressive types Chief mentions here, it fits you to a perfect T. The bolded section especially. That's certainly how you come off to me more so than any single left leaning person on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post

As for liberals trying to achieve a 1984is society, I agree that they're all for it as long as they are in charge. I'm continually surprised at how smart my liberal friends and colleagues believe themselves to be. They really and truly think that they are on another level, intellectually and I think this makes them comfortable with believing that they and their kind belong in charge. For any of you liberals out there, don't worry. I'm well aware that conservatives have their quirks too but this one seems to be more in the liberal wheelhouse. So I'm not picking on you, just pointing out an observation I've made over the years.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:15 PM   #71
PSPfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Not being able to own up to flat out stating someone's opinion on something, be it a game, or movie actor is wrong.
If that criteria is your criteria for someone being a "piece of shit" you are without a doubt one of the densest people on planet earth. And quite a piece of shit yourself. Here I thought "piece of shit" was reserved for sociopaths, rapists, murderers and child molesters. Apparently it's restricted for people who point out fallacies of others' opinions. Give me a fucking break.

You hate me so much and so blindly you'll convince yourself of some of the idiotic nonsense a human being could conjure.


[QUOTE=SpectralThundr;2399269]Now you're going with the logical fallacy angle. Lets get right down to it, you're one of the progressive types Chief mentions here, it fits you to a perfect T.QUOTE]

Claiming someone's opinion can be based on fallacy and that someone with more experience than someone else on a top has a more valid opinion on that subject isn't progressive; it's common fucking sense. It's a fact. So call me a "piece of shit" for pointing out a simple fact and stressing points while NOT resorting to name-calling and ad hominem like you do. You're such a dense hypocrite it is brutal.

You will litereally call anyone who disagrees with you on ANYTHING or point out something irrational you say a, "progressive" or, "liberal, for any reason. It makes no sense whatsoever. You literally call me progressive for ANYTHING I say you don't like, with no actual thought process behind it.

If having arguing/reasoning skills, reading comprehension, self-awareness, a bit of common sense and ability to stay on point, reading comprehension and ability to refrain from name-calling and just some semblance of maturity (you possess ZERO of these abilities/skills) makes me a "progressive" then I accept that label happily and why wouldn't YOU want to be one? Truth is you just mindlessly slap that label on anyone for not accepting your inept and ignorant posts.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:54 PM   #72
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,410
[QUOTE=PSPfreak;2399678]If that criteria is your criteria for someone being a "piece of shit" you are without a doubt one of the densest people on planet earth. And quite a piece of shit yourself. Here I thought "piece of shit" was reserved for sociopaths, rapists, murderers and child molesters. Apparently it's restricted for people who point out fallacies of others' opinions. Give me a fucking break.

You hate me so much and so blindly you'll convince yourself of some of the idiotic nonsense a human being could conjure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Now you're going with the logical fallacy angle. Lets get right down to it, you're one of the progressive types Chief mentions here, it fits you to a perfect T.QUOTE]

Claiming someone's opinion can be based on fallacy and that someone with more experience than someone else on a top has a more valid opinion on that subject isn't progressive; it's common fucking sense. It's a fact. So call me a "piece of shit" for pointing out a simple fact and stressing points while NOT resorting to name-calling and ad hominem like you do. You're such a dense hypocrite it is brutal.

You will litereally call anyone who disagrees with you on ANYTHING or point out something irrational you say a, "progressive" or, "liberal, for any reason. It makes no sense whatsoever. You literally call me progressive for ANYTHING I say you don't like, with no actual thought process behind it.

If having arguing/reasoning skills, reading comprehension, self-awareness, a bit of common sense and ability to stay on point, reading comprehension and ability to refrain from name-calling and just some semblance of maturity (you possess ZERO of these abilities/skills) makes me a "progressive" then I accept that label happily and why wouldn't YOU want to be one? Truth is you just mindlessly slap that label on anyone for not accepting your inept and ignorant posts.
Not really just you and bean, and that's the thing PSP you don't have reasoning skills, your entire tactic to debate is "I know you are but what am I?" it's like watching an old Pee Wee's Playhouse rerun. You're not as smart as you think you are by any means, despite attempting the condescending pretentious act. It's actually both face palm inducing and like watching a slow motion train wreck at the same time, you can't look away from it.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:33 PM   #73
PSPfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Not really just you and bean, and that's the thing PSP you don't have reasoning skills, your entire tactic to debate is "I know you are but what am I?" it's like watching an old Pee Wee's Playhouse rerun. You're not as smart as you think you are by any means, despite attempting the condescending pretentious act. It's actually both face palm inducing and like watching a slow motion train wreck at the same time, you can't look away from it.
You deny I have reasoning skills despite the fact I took your entire post head on (as I usually do) while you disregarded the vast majority of my post (as you usually do). Hysterical.

How you even manage to find your way out of your own house is baffling. You are INCAPABLE of examining your own behavior in ANY way. You can't answer a direct question and you can't make a counterpoint. Your only means of response is a counterATTACK. Like I say, you never even deny the things I say about you, you are just programmed to keep ATTACKING. You don't think before you act or speak, and it's evident by the fact you never absorb anything that is said to you and never stay on point.


Simply stating I have BASIC skills does not insinuate I'm especially intelligent. I'm stressing COMMON SENSE. The fact YOU don't have any doesn't mean I'm bragging about myself. Again, you have no reading comprehension WHATSOEVER. EVERYTHING you say about me is some sort of misquote or hyperbole, not something I ever actually said. You have to warp everything to for your agenda because you don't have the ability to take what i say literally and tackle it. I'm sorry you live in a fantasy world.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:34 PM   #74
PSPfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,601
Again, if how you define "piece of shit" is someone merely pointing out fallacy in another opinion you are one helpless, sad human being. Your thoughts are almost 100% based on bias and not rational thought or deduction.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:03 PM   #75
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
Again, if how you define "piece of shit" is someone merely pointing out fallacy in another opinion you are one helpless, sad human being. Your thoughts are almost 100% based on bias and not rational thought or deduction.
No you're a piece of shit because you truly believe your opinion on petty things like games or movie actors is more valid. You're a pretentious progressive leaning twat and I don't like you. Is that sinking in yet? I mean shit you don't even grasp what the definition of pretentious is.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:05 AM   #76
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 7,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
Again, if how you define "piece of shit" is someone merely pointing out fallacy in another opinion you are one helpless, sad human being. Your thoughts are almost 100% based on bias and not rational thought or deduction.
Your post make me want beat the shit out a baby. Fake as can be bro...
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:34 AM   #77
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Don't kill anybody bro. Go fuck your girlfriend and chill.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nintendo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:38 AM.