Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Rogue Company Launches...
Last post by walstib
Today 08:15 AM
5 Replies, 247 Views
Kung flu
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 08:13 AM
515 Replies, 15,786 Views
Post something good you...
Last post by brandonjclark
Today 07:42 AM
315 Replies, 91,812 Views
PlayStation 5 Will Not...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 07:21 AM
8 Replies, 292 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 06:41 AM
12 Replies, 338 Views
How to CATALOG YOUR...
Last post by blackzc
Today 02:50 AM
6 Replies, 708 Views
Torchlight III Reveals...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 08:08 PM
1 Replies, 161 Views
No Straight Roads...
Last post by vallor
Yesterday 08:02 PM
5 Replies, 166 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2020, 07:45 AM   #1
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral
 
BeardedSonOfNel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MN/WI
Posts: 6,325
Blog Entries: 8
It's Sunday: What NFL Games Are You Watching?


Well the big game is here. I'll be cheering on the 49ers, but really I'm watching for the commercials. My family and I will be doing ribs, wings, jalapeno poppers, and cheese stuffed pretzels to name a few.

On a side note I saw the groundhog day commercial, and it's wonderful!

What's your favorite super bowl munchies, and who are you cheering for?
BeardedSonOfNel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:51 AM   #2
PacerDawn
Choadwanger
 
PacerDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,375
I'll be waiting for April when the Dolphins screw up all their draft picks.

But for the game today, I have family from Missouri so I'll be cheering for the Chefs.

__________________
Why isn't the word "gullible" in the dictionary?
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 01:23 PM   #3
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral
 
BeardedSonOfNel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MN/WI
Posts: 6,325
Blog Entries: 8
__________________
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. – Goethe
BeardedSonOfNel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:39 PM   #4
Chief Smash
Subscriber
 
Chief Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 4,623
I found the game pretty enjoyable, probably in part that I wasn’t all that invested in either team. I did prefer the Chiefs and the game was competitive so that helps too. It’s also good to get together with the folks, my brothers, and their families and have a feast of junky food etc.

What the heck was up with the porn half time show?
Chief Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 09:13 PM   #5
Meeks
Evil Dead
 
Meeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 998
As an Eagles fan, I was quite happy to see Andy Reid finally win a Super Bowl after all these years. Incredibly well deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
What the heck was up with the porn half time show?
How dare you so liberally defame "Latin culture", you insensitive clod!
__________________
"Women. Can't live with 'em. Pass the beer nuts." -Norm
Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:23 AM   #6
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
I found the game pretty enjoyable, probably in part that I wasn’t all that invested in either team. I did prefer the Chiefs and the game was competitive so that helps too. It’s also good to get together with the folks, my brothers, and their families and have a feast of junky food etc.

What the heck was up with the porn half time show?
Just further pushing degeneracy as usual. Pole dancing at the fucking superbowl, great message to send to kids.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:18 AM   #7
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead
 
Inkabodcrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,170
As a Seahawks fan the 49ers are my mortal enemy, so it was a good game. Also I am not a religious zealot so let the ladies shake their asses, who cares? Shakira was bomb as hell!
__________________
I used to indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 04:20 AM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 36,239
Blog Entries: 20
I watched the 25th Anniversary Blu ray of Groundhog Day on Sunday! Fantastic movie, that really never gets old. Then we watched half of Doctor Sleep. Long movie for sure. There is still another hour to go.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 04:36 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 36,239
Blog Entries: 20
I loved that new Bill Murray Jeep ad, it’s funny because I thought that thing looked ugly as all hell before the commercial and they made it seem fun.

I think my next car will be a Jeep. Though that’s a way down the road. I would like to get at least 6 more years out of my current car.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:12 AM   #10
walstib
Evil Dead
 
walstib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Just further pushing degeneracy as usual. Pole dancing at the fucking superbowl, great message to send to kids.
yeah. it was embarrassing enough we turned to something else until it was over. felt uncomfortable watching with my kids - especially daughters. i guess empowerment is pole dancing, near nude outfits.l, and fuck-me dance moves. hey sans kids i’d have kept it tuned in.

also some terrible lip synching, and music that sounded largely in a non english lang.

game was good though. glad Chiefs won
walstib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:13 AM   #11
NACIONAL
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Medellín, Colombia
Posts: 510
I really liked the game, enjoyed it fully, i didn''t care for one team or another altough I'am happy Mr Reid won it for the first time.

Shanahan blowing another 4th quarter lead? who tought!

Shakira is beautiful as hell, and JLo is fine too. I think the show was a little bit sexualized, but nothing out of the ordinary. I was actually rooting for a Sharkira's wardrobe malfunction.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental
If it's a choice between eroding the moral fabric of society, or people owning fewer pets, I think I'd rather have video games blamed for the pet thing..
NACIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 06:01 AM   #12
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral
 
BeardedSonOfNel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MN/WI
Posts: 6,325
Blog Entries: 8
So it was fun to see the Winona Ryder ad. Winona is my home town, and I still live 15 miles away from it. In fact I'm meeting a client there today.

Full ad
BeardedSonOfNel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:56 PM   #13
stalazon
The Dit
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 537
Don't understand the passing interference call that put Chiefs at 1yl and the touchdown replay call when he was clearly stepping out of bounds before crossing the touchdown corner.
stalazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 06:15 PM   #14
PacerDawn
Choadwanger
 
PacerDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalazon View Post
Don't understand the passing interference call that put Chiefs at 1yl and the touchdown replay call when he was clearly stepping out of bounds before crossing the touchdown corner.
The pass interference call that I remember had the defender jumping into the receiver and never looking back at the ball. That's textbook pass interference. Unless you mean another pass interference call?

As for the stepping out of bounds touchdown, all that has to happen is the nose of the ball has to touch the goal-line to be a touchdown. Since the call was touchdown on the field, they would have had to have incontrovertible evidence that he was out of bounds before that happened. I looked at all the angles they had and I didn't see anything definitive, so I agreed that the call could not be overturned. Had the call on the field been out of bounds, the same thing would have to have happened. There would not have been enough evidence to show otherwise so the ball would have been placed at the 1. It was just bad luck for the 49ers that the ref called touchdown.
__________________
Why isn't the word "gullible" in the dictionary?
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 06:17 PM   #15
PacerDawn
Choadwanger
 
PacerDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
So it was fun to see the Winona Ryder ad. Winona is my home town, and I still live 15 miles away from it. In fact I'm meeting a client there today.
Well, if Winona Ryder is still there, make sure you lock your car.
__________________
Why isn't the word "gullible" in the dictionary?
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 03:55 AM   #16
Chief Smash
Subscriber
 
Chief Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 4,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
The pass interference call that I remember had the defender jumping into the receiver and never looking back at the ball. That's textbook pass interference. Unless you mean another pass interference call?

As for the stepping out of bounds touchdown, all that has to happen is the nose of the ball has to touch the goal-line to be a touchdown. Since the call was touchdown on the field, they would have had to have incontrovertible evidence that he was out of bounds before that happened. I looked at all the angles they had and I didn't see anything definitive, so I agreed that the call could not be overturned. Had the call on the field been out of bounds, the same thing would have to have happened. There would not have been enough evidence to show otherwise so the ball would have been placed at the 1. It was just bad luck for the 49ers that the ref called touchdown.
Yeah I saw the same things. The refs make some terrible calls in important games but I thought both of these were right. With the pass interference, it looked like the defender not only jumped into the receiver without looking but he appeared to hold his arms down in the process too. Now I'm not a big fan of the way pass interference is called these days but it seemed pretty text book for how they've called it in the past. And as for the touchdown before stepping out of bounds, I think Pacer made the right call. It's not that he definitely broke the plane but that you couldn't tell. It looked like a TD to me but I definitely couldn't say for sure based on the camera angles they showed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
Well, if Winona Ryder is still there, make sure you lock your car.
That's hilarious.
Chief Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nfl

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:29 AM.