Last post by Dag-Sabot
Today 12:39 PM
4 Replies, 605 Views

Old 06-20-2018, 05:56 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Steve Carell fights Nazis in new #WelcometoMarwen Trailer

Quote:
This holiday season, Academy Award winner Robert Zemeckis—the groundbreaking filmmaker behind Forrest Gump, Flight and Cast Away—directs Steve Carell in the most original movie of the year. Welcome to Marwen tells the miraculous true story of one broken man’s fight as he discovers how artistic imagination can restore the human spirit.

When a devastating attack shatters Mark Hogancamp (Carell) and wipes away all memories, no one expected recovery. Putting together pieces from his old and new life, Mark meticulously creates a wondrous town where he can heal and be heroic. As he builds an astonishing art installation—a testament to the most powerful women he knows—through his fantasy world, he draws strength to triumph in the real one.

In a bold, wondrous and timely film from this revolutionary pioneer of contemporary cinema, Welcome to Marwen shows that when your only weapon is your imagination…you’ll find courage in the most unexpected place.

The epic drama is produced by Oscar-winning producer Steve Starkey (Forrest Gump, Flight), Jack Rapke (Cast Away, Flight), and Cherylanne Martin (The Pacific, Flight) of Zemeckis’ Universal-based ImageMovers banner produce alongside the director. It is executive produced by Jackie Levine, as well as Jeff Malmberg, who directed the riveting 2010 documentary that inspired the film.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:56 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:58 PM   #3
blackzc
Evil Dead

lol cutscenes.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:55 PM   #4
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

it has my attention, I'll give it that.

but please don't make me vomit my popcorn by giving me equality messages the entire movie through doll forum.

interesting story telling
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:55 AM   #5
DeadPixel
Evil Dead

I like this and Steve is perfect for it.
DeadPixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:14 AM   #6
Terran
Evil Dead

A clever concept, but it sure looks like Hollywood is going to be banging their one musical note ideologically again, lol. So predictable.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:16 AM   #7
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

I can’t tell if this is going to be one of those movies like Walter Mitty where the trailer conveys a tone that the film can’t match.

Studios are very good st marketing that “ celebration of life”, “love of humanity” vibe and then not having a script that can pull that off in 2 hours like a trailer can.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:29 AM   #8
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
A clever concept, but it sure looks like Hollywood is going to be banging their one musical note ideologically again, lol. So predictable.
It's all based on Marwencol, a documentary that covered the actual person Steve Carell's character is based on. Obviously the movie won't be as accurate to the events as the documentary and book were...but this is about an actual person and the stuff he actually did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Studios are very good st marketing that “ celebration of life”, “love of humanity” vibe and then not having a script that can pull that off in 2 hours like a trailer can.
It worked well enough for the documentary, if nothing else.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:40 AM   #9
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
It's all based on Marwencol
They can base it on anything they want, the reality is that Hollywood has its own ideological purposes with its work, as evidenced by the complete annihilation of Christian content from A Wrinkle in Time, which became a vehicle for progressive messaging rather than an actual retelling of a Christian story...and was a serious financial flop as well.

Folks who enjoy actual ENTERTAINMENT when they pay to be entertained are increasingly facing the constant, perpetual, universal desire of progressives to turn every single fucking piece of entertainment into a didactic sermon. The new fundamentalists love their virtue signaling.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:41 AM   #10
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
They can base it on anything they want, the reality is that Hollywood has its own ideological purposes with its work, as evidenced by the complete annihilation of Christian content from A Wrinkle in Time, which became a vehicle for progressive messaging rather than an actual retelling of a Christian story...and was a serious financial flop as well.

Folks who enjoy actual ENTERTAINMENT when they pay to be entertained are increasingly facing the constant, perpetual, universal desire of progressives to turn every single fucking piece of entertainment into a didactic sermon. The new fundamentalists love their virtue signaling.
Right...but, they're essentially following the story of this man's life while tweaking it to make for a better film experience. The script and story were already there, essentially.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:25 AM   #11
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

That looks so unbelievably shit. I was cringing at every single second.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:34 AM   #12
walstib
Evil Dead

I think their biggest challenge will be in how to market the film. Drama? Action? Progressive agenda? some how I am sure they will associate trump and/or conservatives to the white supremacists in the movie. Kids? Adults?

Looks interesting; hopefully worth a buy-n-rip in 4K ('cause we can do that now).
walstib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:17 AM   #13
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by walstib View Post
I think their biggest challenge will be in how to market the film. Drama? Action? Progressive agenda? some how I am sure they will associate trump and/or conservatives to the white supremacists in the movie. Kids? Adults?

Looks interesting; hopefully worth a buy-n-rip in 4K ('cause we can do that now).
Well we know who they will blame when it inevitably flops.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:49 PM   #14
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Alt-Right, straight, white male, misogynists?
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:28 PM   #15
Sinistar
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Flat Earthers
Sinistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:44 AM   #16
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Yea those fucking liberal snowflakes, cant even watch a movie trailer without projecting their insecurities via idiotic predictions of its future success or failure and the ensuing blame.

/fucking sarcasm bitches
Old 07-01-2018, 02:13 PM   #17
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Thhat's pretty cringeworthy stuff.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:45 PM   #18
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I am not super excited about the movie. The CGI looks very uncanny valley cringeworthy like the last time Zemeckis did something similar in The Polar Express. I'm surprised the tech hasn't come further.

Steve Carell does have the ability to infuses charm into the character though so that may be a saving grace.

I did a little research on the events, the person, and the documentary. I think they are going to have to tone it down and take a way different approach which isn't going to please the progressives at all. Nope, this movie is going to be very sanitized. I suspect all the worst parts of his past which include the nasty relationships, the alcoholism, and the cross-dressing will be scrubbed away with maybe a couple lines in some montage or something. It wouldn't surprise me to see Carell show up in at least one scene wearing pantyhose and heels though, just as an homage to the real life person.

However they portray the bad guys as "Nazis" I hope is they don't go the cheap way and make it political. Hopefully, they are actually Nazis (which is implied in the trailer) or just a bunch of what everyone with any sense and decency, regardless of politics, can agree are unredeemable fucktards.

Unlike the real events this one clearly resolves itself with a climax where Mark gets his day in court to stand up to the bad guys and it goes a long way to healing him, so there will be tears and a happy ending.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #19
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot View Post
Thhat's pretty cringeworthy stuff.
This is the only logical response.

Any other one is retarded.

You people have complete trash standards. Id rather watch Ninja Turtles from the 80s for the 100th time than this shit.

Tags
welcome to marwen