Last post by Emabulator
Today 07:45 AM
0 Replies, 285 Views

Old 01-16-2018, 09:31 PM   #21
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Which is a shame because these games are all terrible, mobas are terrible, BR games are terrible. It's lazy development, I will not pay 60 dollars for multiplayer only titles, often with a single fucking map play area. It's asinine that people are willing to fund this shit.
Who is paying $60 for PUBG?
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:51 PM   #22
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Who is paying $60 for PUBG?
Fortnite has a 60 dollar sku, I believe the H1Z1 was being sold at 60 at one point as well. either way, 45-60 bucks for this type of game is too much for what you're getting in value.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:04 PM   #23
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Fortnite has a 60 dollar sku, I believe the H1Z1 was being sold at 60 at one point as well. either way, 45-60 bucks for this type of game is too much for what you're getting in value.
Totally agree. Good thing the most popular one (PUBG) is below that price then huh? Wonder if that's why it's the most popular...

Either way I got it for free on PC and still think it's only an "ok" game, and that's only with friends. I never play by myself and only have about 25 hours in it since early access. Movement and shooting are far too janky for me to tolerate it for more than an hour or so at a time.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:32 AM   #24
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Totally agree. Good thing the most popular one (PUBG) is below that price then huh? Wonder if that's why it's the most popular...

Either way I got it for free on PC and still think it's only an "ok" game, and that's only with friends. I never play by myself and only have about 25 hours in it since early access. Movement and shooting are far too janky for me to tolerate it for more than an hour or so at a time.
Eh really watching gameplay of both Fortnite, at least the pvp stuff, and Pug looks equally as boring and not fun to me at all. Games seem to be devolving rather than evolving the last handful of years. Dumbed down for the masses who don't know any better.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:29 PM   #25
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
FAKE NEWS!

Fortnite BR is free though it's not unpossible there is a starter pack that costs money but the base version for BR has $0 cost. Last I heard only the PvE versions had a cost. H1Z1 is usually around $10 because it's constantly on sale and it never cost more than $20. Also I believe they had a Free to play weekend not long ago so it wouldn't surprise me if there was one again. Otherwise just wait till a weekend to get it for $10.

PUBG is the most expensive at $30 and has never been on sale on any platform that I can remember.

PUBG was the most popular because:

1) The main competition was indie games or H1Z1 all of which looked like shit compared to the UE4 powered PUBG
2) It had a better combat meta with attachments than most of the other BR games
3) It was built from the ground up as a BR game
4) It didn't try to milk the players behind abusive microtransaction systems
5) The dev team actually seemed responsive compared to other development teams in the space (easy to do when you're the "darling"; they aren't getting as much lattitude now)
6) At the time it seemed like they were going to keep their promises
7) A bunch of people left the other BR games to play PUBG out of spite against the other devs, not so much out of love of PUBG, then stayed cause they did actually like it better and then the same happened with Fortnite

Since then Fortnite released BR and it's hard to tell which is more popular now since both of them throw around millions of concurrent and tens of millions played and blah blah blah.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:42 PM   #26
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
FAKE NEWS!

Fortnite BR is free though it's not unpossible there is a starter pack that costs money but the base version for BR has $0 cost. Last I heard only the PvE versions had a cost. H1Z1 is usually around $10 because it's constantly on sale and it never cost more than $20. Also I believe they had a Free to play weekend not long ago so it wouldn't surprise me if there was one again. Otherwise just wait till a weekend to get it for $10.

PUBG is the most expensive at $30 and has never been on sale on any platform that I can remember.

PUBG was the most popular because:

1) The main competition was indie games or H1Z1 all of which looked like shit compared to the UE4 powered PUBG
2) It had a better combat meta with attachments than most of the other BR games
3) It was built from the ground up as a BR game
4) It didn't try to milk the players behind abusive microtransaction systems
5) The dev team actually seemed responsive compared to other development teams in the space (easy to do when you're the "darling"; they aren't getting as much lattitude now)
6) At the time it seemed like they were going to keep their promises
7) A bunch of people left the other BR games to play PUBG out of spite against the other devs, not so much out of love of PUBG, then stayed cause they did actually like it better and then the same happened with Fortnite

Since then Fortnite released BR and it's hard to tell which is more popular now since both of them throw around millions of concurrent and tens of millions played and blah blah blah.
H1Z1 was full priced when it first shipped. It's likely not anymore. Regardless these games are garbage, much like mobas are garbage.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:04 PM   #27
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
H1Z1 was full priced when it first shipped. It's likely not anymore. Regardless these games are garbage, much like mobas are garbage.
H1Z1 has been in the same early access $20-$30 range going on 3 years now. A very bad abuse of Early Access, IMO, no game should be in Early Access for this long. I bought it in Feb 2016, off sale, for $20 when it was ramping up in popularity just before it broke into two games.

When the title split between King of the Kill and Just Survive they can cost $20 each so maybe that's what you're thinking as full price.

We can definitely agree the games are crap but when they're running $10 you do get what you pay for which right now seems to be not much even compared to other games in this genre.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pubg, pubg corporation