Game & Movie Releases...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 05:39 PM
5 Replies, 533 Views

Old 06-13-2018, 07:17 AM   #1
AlfredT
Evil Dead

For Honor Starter Editions Free on Uplay(gross) Limited Time

For Honor has undergone more than a yearís worth of additions and significant improvements, and its biggest update yet was just unveiled at E3 2018. Adding a fourth faction with four new heroes from the Far East, the Marching Fire update will also add a new PVP mode, PVE mode, and much more when it launches in October.

If youíre ready to jump into intense battles between Samurai, Knights, and Vikings, ahead of the Wu Lin factionís October arrival, you can grab the PC Starter Edition for free on Uplay from now until June 18. Thatís free as in ďyours to keep,Ē so move fast and claim it.

The Starter Edition enables players to experience all the maps and modes For Honor has to offer, but takes a different approach to making heroes available. At the outset, it fully unlocks For Honorís three vanguard heroes Ė Warden, Raider, and Kensei Ė and also makes three additional heroes playable (but not customizable), depending on which faction you choose. These heroes, as well as the heroes from other factions, can be fully unlocked and customized for 8,000 steel (For Honorís in-game currency) each.

For a limited time, you can also save up to 75% on For Honor console and PC versions.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:28 AM   #2
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Been pimping this game in the E3 thread and only have great things to say about it... Except that no game has ever induced rage in me like this one.

I think it's a great game (maybe biased cause I've been playing straight since release), but it does make me a bit too passionate perhaps heh.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:16 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I finished the single player campaign last night. The final boss seemed like a bit of a cheat, I notice that they train you to do blocks, but then half the time the blocking doesn’t work against the AI.

Beyond that minor annoyance, it’s just a fantastic game. I play the domination mode all the time and right now the Samurai are ahead in the online war. Go team Samurai.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:49 AM   #4
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Yes, go team Samurai! However Vikings have taken 3 of the 5 faction wars, and I don't expect that trend to change until either the 4th faction comes in, or the Knights stop with their meme bullshit.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:54 AM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I havn’t put that much time into the multiplayer recently, since the Samurai are on top right now, I’ll try to play a few matches this week and next week to help out my team before the season ends. I think this season ends in 2 weeks.

If anyone hasn’t tried this game yet, I totally recommend you either pick up the full version on Amazon (I got my copy for $24.99 and it’s even cheaper now) or go grab the free version.

Steel is a little slow to build up, so it takes a while to unlock all the heroes, but you don’t have to spend real world cash to get more characters. The base characters unlock for only 500 steel each if you buy the game and the extra characters unlock for 8000 steel or you can splurge and get the 30000 steel season reward packs with lots of goodies and colored armor.

I do love a game with stuff to unlock. Heh. I’m a sucker for that.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:03 AM   #6
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Current season ends in a month and a half I believe (this "round" ends tomorrow I think).

And steel gain is much more generous than say, something like R6. If you get the free starter edition it's about 2 weeks if you only do the 2 daily match orders to get a new character, much less if you play more than 2 matches a day and do contract orders.

Hell coming into this season I was sitting on 65k steel and I don't even play that much. Bought a years worth of Champion Status just to sink it.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:31 AM   #7
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

They must have had a good E3, the game is sold out right now on Amazon. I’m sure more will be in stock soon since it’s not an expensive game.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:53 AM   #8
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Evil, are you playing on PC or your PS4?
Old 06-13-2018, 10:06 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Evil, are you playing on PC or your PS4?
PS4. I got a copy from Emabulatorís deals article a few months back. I played it a ton when I got it but never finished the single player campaign till last night. I didnít realize the Samurai campaign was so short. Itís only like 6 missions.

You can tell some people are trophy hunters, I saw a guy last night just waiting near a ledge the whole match trying to get those 25 death from above kills. Heh.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:12 AM   #10
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

To be honest I don't think I could recommend anyone pick it up on a console. I mean I'm sure it works fine, but in a fighting game like this, you need the 60fps that PC provides.

The amount of 400ms attacks in the game makes a good portion of moves impossible to react against at the console locked 30fps.

That and the devs balance around PC ^_^
Old 06-13-2018, 10:56 AM   #11
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

I played this game when it was in Beta and I really liked it. It's as close to a modern Bushido Blade as we will likely ever get.

It was very cool to see a new type of gameplay exist that had a high level of execution. Many new genres of games come out with bare bones effort and a promise to refine it over time.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote