Yesterday 08:02 PM
13 Replies, 1,139 Views

Old 06-07-2018, 12:24 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Fear The Wolves - E3 Trailer

Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Quote:
Focus Home Interactive and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. veterans at Vostok Games challenge you to survive in the new Fear the Wolves E3 trailer. Get your first glimpse at the dark setting, player vs environment elements, and endgame extraction of this unique Battle Royale FPS.

Drop into a radioactive wasteland with nothing but your wits, fists, and whatever you can find to protect you. Deadly mutated wildlife, the organic spread of radiation, unexplainable anomalies, and 99 other players stand in your way on your long march to the extraction helicopter inside the final zone.

To defend yourself you have an arsenal of scavenged weaponry. The trusty fire-axe is a silent killer but won’t do much good as the knife in a gunfight. Abandoned weaponry is scattered around the map, but you will need to scavenge from air drops, caches and radioactive areas to find the most powerful gear. Every other player will be after them too, bringing the wolves with them.

Wolves are the first of our mutants to be revealed. Roaming in packs and picking off stragglers, they have adapted to the radioactive environment and evolved into savage, decaying beasts. While on their own they pose a mere inconvenience, a pack will drain your ammo and leave you injured – or worse – if you aren’t careful. They’re just as deadly and hostile to your enemies, and how you use that will determine your survival.

As the radioactivity of an area worsens, reality begins to break down. Dangerous areas distort and enter flux as they pulse with radiation. In the early stages, the adrenaline from sprinting will stop you taking damage, but after that only gas masks and hazard suits will keep the poisonous air and deadly rays out. You are never safe, but you can be more protected than your enemies, using this advantage to access areas they can’t, to loot more and flank them.

Extraction is your ultimate goal. Rather than a slow that acalemate, Fear the Wolves challenges players to get out how they came in, with a final dash to an extraction helicopter that accepts just one occupant. The location of the extraction zone will vary game to game, forcing adaptation and rewarding intricate map knowledge. If you manage to wipe out every other player, you still take home the victory – so choose your path wisely.

Fear the Wolves comes to PC in 2018, later on consoles. Early Access begins this summer on PC.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:24 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:48 PM   #3
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Another battle Royale game? I like the stalker vibe. I just don't think this will do well. The BR market is being flooded. It's like mobas's all over again.

If it was a stalker clone single player game with a BR mode I might buy it on principle. Because I want people to make good SP shooters.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:06 PM   #4
Blog
Evil Dead

Loved STALKER. Zero interest in BR games.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:59 PM   #5
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog View Post
Loved STALKER. Zero interest in BR games.
I hope it draws players away from F______. And I also hope I'm not expected to build a stairway to heaven in order to shoot someone, mid-firefight.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:11 PM   #6
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
I hope it draws players away from F______. And I also hope I'm not expected to build a stairway to heaven in order to shoot someone, mid-firefight.

And here I thought I was the only person who found the staircase and forts to be the stupidest gameplay additions ever...
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:19 PM   #7
LostToys
Evil Dead

So the wolves look like they will be the blue circle that keeps you moving forward?
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fear the wolves