Old 06-12-2018, 08:54 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Nintendo E3 Press Conference #E32018

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Was it everything you wanted? I didn’t see a lot of games here. I think the Smash Bros fans will be super happy, but I was looking for new games my daughter might like to play, stuff like Zelda or Animal Crossing and there wasn’t much there. The Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looked good, I’ll have to get her that one to see if she likes it.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #3
ashikenshin
Subscriber

so boring. I don't feel bad about not owning a switch yet.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #4
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Anime Armored Core, Xeno,octo, pokemon /pokemon go crossover. New the world ends with you. Firm Eblem. Captain toad.
Damm I think I have to keep an eye out for a deal on a switch.

Omg they spent waaaay to much time on smash. Granted I am not a fan but dam that was boring.

They got me to download pokemon go if nothing else.

New F zero is what I really wanted but they showed more things I liked then I thought they would.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:54 AM   #5
Capt_Thad
Evil Dead

New Smash Bros looks insane... I pretty much don't even care about any of the other games I've seen this past weekend anymore. So many redesigns and improvements, and they managed to pack-in every playable character in the franchise. Even managed to get Ridley in there.

Hyped for Overcooked 2, loved the hell out of Overcooked in 4-player. Super Mario Party being an actual board game again and not that car garbage is pretty exciting--did not expect to see that at all. Fire Emblem Three Heroes looking solid too.

I like that they didn't waste too much time with stuff they've already shown prior to E3 too. Kept it nice and clean, just a little reminder hype reel. Shame we didn't see Metroid or next-gen Pokemon, but I'm pretty happy with what we got.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #6
t3kl3r
Evil Dead

I was definitely hoping for something about the next Metroid Prime. I was also wondering about F-Zero, Wave Race, A.N.N.E., Zelda and Mario DLC, and what new original games might be coming from Nintendo.

I donít care about Smash Bros. at all, so this was pretty disappointing for me personally.

Oh, and there are still a handful of older games I want to see: Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wind Waker HD, something to replace the virtual console, and man... I keep thinking a Super Mario All-Stars 2 (Mario 64 remake, Sunshine and Galaxies HD), would be amazing, but donít expect it to ever happen.

Last edited by t3kl3r; 06-12-2018 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: Additional comment
t3kl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:58 AM   #7
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

That was too easy of a E3 win for Nintendo. That mecha game looks hype!!
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:27 AM   #8
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

7/10 for me.

What we already knew about looks great. Smash Ultimate, Fire Emblem (looks incredible), Pokemon, Octopath Traveler - all great.

Not enough surprises for me to give it higher praise. Wave Race, Animal Crossing, Eternal Darkness - some kind of left turn that really surprises/hypes for the coming year.

The updates on what we knew was already coming though, were great.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:50 AM   #9
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstorm View Post
That was too easy of a E3 win for Nintendo. That mecha game looks hype!!
psst your bias is showing again. E3 so far has been shit, only Ubisoft had anything remotely interesting.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:32 AM   #10
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Daemon Machina looks like Armored Core on speed, Smash Bros is looking great (as usual)...and fuck it, why not have another Mario Party?

I'm pleased enough with their E3 offerings, overall. While I think they spent way too much time on Smash, I'm excited to see every single character from the series is making a return. Some of my favorites over the years fell by the wayside, so I'm psyched to see everyone back.

Also, Ridley is finally in the series as a playable character.

Last edited by Chimpbot; 06-12-2018 at 12:32 PM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:28 PM   #11
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
psst your bias is showing again. E3 so far has been shit, only Ubisoft had anything remotely interesting.
It's weird to have an E3 where it seems like pretty much everyone goes home unhappy.

I wonder what this is saying about the overall state of videogames? Is EVERYone just a "one franchise" gamer now?
JazGalaxy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:54 PM   #12
ashikenshin
Subscriber

While I'm not unhappy since I saw a ton of games I want to play, I see your point. I went online to see what people were saying and a lot of negativity towards games I thought looked cool.

It feels weird not being the negative one.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:18 PM   #13
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Daemon Machina looks like Armored Core on speed
That is because it is from the original creators of Armored Core with mech design by the robot designer of Macross!

At first I thought it was from Platinum Games.
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:47 PM   #14
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Daemon Machina looks like Armored Core on speed, Smash Bros is looking great (as usual)...and fuck it, why not have another Mario Party?

I'm pleased enough with their E3 offerings, overall. While I think they spent way too much time on Smash, I'm excited to see every single character from the series is making a return. Some of my favorites over the years fell by the wayside, so I'm psyched to see everyone back.

Also, Ridley is finally in the series as a playable character.
I actually really liked the Smash deep dive because I'll never play the game. That's probably all I will ever experience of the game so it was. Eat to see all the updates and differences laid out like that. I love Nintendo and it's characters, but Smash isn't for me.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:41 AM   #15
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I actually really liked the Smash deep dive because I'll never play the game. That's probably all I will ever experience of the game so it was. Eat to see all the updates and differences laid out like that. I love Nintendo and it's characters, but Smash isn't for me.
I can totally understand that.

I guess my annoyance stems from the fact that I feel like something like an E3 presentation should be a little more utilitarian; the deep dives should be saved for a later time. While I watched most of it, I skipped over the stage section entirely and was disappointed with the "changes to characters" segment because many of them weren't really worth highlighting (I can't really say that I care enough about Olimar's helmet cracking to see it get highlighted during a high-profile presentation like this).

It had tons of good stuff, but a lot of it could have waited for later. The key points are they're including every single character and Ridley is finally playable. Sakurai stressed the notion that he hopes people don't set their expectations to high in terms of new characters because of the effort being made to include everyone from the previous games...but, I have a sneaky feeling we'll see a few more surprise inclusions on the roster.

I'm holding out hope that Microsoft manages to get Master Chief into the mix.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:52 AM   #16
Scherge
Subscriber

Quote:
I'm holding out hope that Microsoft manages to get Master Chief into the mix.
Why not? It's a natural fit.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:48 AM   #17
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Do adults really play Smash? I can tell you after watching that presentation all I wanted to do was go play Injustice 2. Heh. I like those Nintendo characters, I’ve got a soft spot for them like most people who grew up in the 80’s, but I don’t really care to play games with those characters as an adult.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:00 AM   #18
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Do adults really play Smash? I can tell you after watching that presentation all I wanted to do was go play Injustice 2. Heh. I like those Nintendo characters, I’ve got a soft spot for them like most people who grew up in the 80’s, but I don’t really care to play games with those characters as an adult.
Personally I'd ask the same thing about those who play Injustice. Different strokes I guess, but I have zero interest in anything comic book hero related, (movies or games).

But I'll play smash bros any day. Not sure why you and I fall on opposite ends of perspective on that.

I just think they're outstanding games from a gameplay, replayability, multiplayer, fun factor, and hooks and unlockables perspective. There is a nostalgia element, and clearly the art and materials are family friendly. But I don't really care much about that.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:44 AM   #19
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Do adults really play Smash? I can tell you after watching that presentation all I wanted to do was go play Injustice 2. Heh. I like those Nintendo characters, Iíve got a soft spot for them like most people who grew up in the 80ís, but I donít really care to play games with those characters as an adult.
If the local fighting game leagues in my area are any indication, they sure do. One of 'em meets up at a pub every Wednesday and takes over the upstairs floor; Smash has been a prominent part of the lineup since it started and Ultimate isn't going to change that.

I plan on buying a copy on December 7th, that's for sure. They're fun fighting games.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:49 AM   #20
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Do adults really play Smash? I can tell you after watching that presentation all I wanted to do was go play Injustice 2. Heh. I like those Nintendo characters, Iíve got a soft spot for them like most people who grew up in the 80ís, but I donít really care to play games with those characters as an adult.
I think it's weird that you think a fighting game with a talking gorilla with mind control powers is more mature than a fighting game with a gorilla wearing tie just because of the way it's drawn.

Tags
e3 2018