Miles Raymond:
The Day After Yesterday.

Maya:
Oh... You mean today?
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:52 AM   #4
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

More chicks kicking ass with guns. Oh boy.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:45 AM   #5
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
What the fuck is your issue with sarah connor?.. she has been kicking ass since forever... (I am guessing this is sarah connor of course)
NACIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:48 AM   #6
DrizziTx
Evil Dead

I'd say it's kinda misses the main theme... but then again Hollywood has been missing it for many years now, well I'll wait for the final product, we'll see then what's it worth.

Wishing them luck in nailing it correctly.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:24 AM   #7
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacional View Post
what the fuck is your issue with sarah connor?.. She has been kicking ass since forever... (i am guessing this is sarah connor of course)
Moviegate.....
Old 05-22-2019, 01:10 PM   #8
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Sarah Connor was great in Terminator 1. She was a freakin clown in Terminator 2. So was her dumbass son. Everyone has these fond memories of T2 and it did have great action and effects. But the writing and acting sucked. They even ruined the terminator at the end when Arnold was going all “I know now why you cry...” Absolutely terrible. A fun but overrated movie.
Chief Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:32 PM   #9
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
I take no issue with badass female characters, so long as they are flawed, and written well. I totally get the hate for Rey, because she's super strong with the force, and excellent with a lightsaber, even though she had zero training; she was a straight-up Mary Sue.

I just don't get all the men today that get super offended by a strong female [character]. Are you really that insecure?
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:39 PM   #10
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
I just don't get all the men today that get super offended by a strong female [character]. Are you really that insecure?
A lot of people are trained to read something and comply. No issues with strong women at all. Or men. Or Dogs. Cats... I do have a beef with nasty cats.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:13 PM   #11
Terran
Evil Dead

When you are surrounded by shrill feminazis screeching about strong women, you're going to be irritated when they are thrust in your face, even when it makes sense and has historical precedent. In other words, you develop an allergic response due to the continual presence of an invading allergen...the stupidity of third wave feminists.

I think Terminator's day is past. I find it hard to get fired up about it. I'll never forget T2 however. Some dumbass pulled the fire alarm at the theater and we all had to evacuate. We got vouchers for another day, but that was a helluva pain in the ass, to see a movie halfway through and then have to wait days to go back. First World problems, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:34 PM   #12
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

T2 was a big event if you weren’t there to experience then you’ll never understand. MTV playing the same GnR video all day every day. Aside from that awesome opening with Arnold the movie hasn’t aged well. It’s very much a product of the nineties. The original “The Terminator” will always be great.
Mad Max RW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:40 PM   #13
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Aside from that awesome opening with Arnold the movie hasn’t aged well. It’s very much a product of the nineties. The original “The Terminator” will always be great.
Agree 100%. Between T1 and T2, I highly prefer T1. When watching T2 now, I find John Connor's squeaky screaming to be annoying. I like T1 when Arnold is an unstoppable badass. Also James Cameron is highly overrated. His only great films are T1 and Aliens(which isn't even as good as Alien).

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:04 PM   #14
Ghostblaze
Evil Dead

T1 was superior to T2. Everything after was a certified dumpster sale.
Ghostblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:00 PM   #15
walstib
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
Agree 100%. Between T1 and T2, I highly prefer T1. When watching T2 now, I find John Connor's squeaky screaming to be annoying. I like T1 when Arnold is an unstoppable badass. Also James Cameron is highly overrated. His only great films are T1 and Aliens(which isn't even as good as Alien).
my only problem with Aliens is that they are blasting the aliens apart which have acid for blood. a single drop in Alien eats through multiple decks of the ship.

in Aliens the entire set should have dissolved.

but Bill Paxton made the movie for me. “why don’t you put her in charge!”, “you’re dog meat pal”. haha

Aliens was great. Alien was spectacular. the rest were meh. all of them including the new ones
walstib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:59 PM   #16
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
I take no issue with badass female characters, so long as they are flawed, and written well. I totally get the hate for Rey, because she's super strong with the force, and excellent with a lightsaber, even though she had zero training; she was a straight-up Mary Sue.

It's not that people dislike strong women, it when it has to happen in every movie/tv show/video game to bludgeon a theme that it gets a little old.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:06 PM   #17
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I think the problem with the "strong women" meme is that we all know a 98 pound woman is not going to fist fight a bunch of 250 lb men and win. One or two good hits and she is going to just be out and that's the end of the story.

With that little body weight, most of these women can't even hit hard enough to make a dent in a good sized guy.

It's stretching the believable when a skinny guy like Keanu goes all Bruce Lee on a bunch of guys, when you put supermodels in the same character, it ends up mostly looking kinda dumb on screen.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:48 AM   #18
AlfredT
Evil Dead

I think South Park pretty much nailed it with their "Strong Woman" character and her PC Principal interaction.

Also, Evil, there are some tiny women who are properly trained that can put down bigger sized opponents, but I concede your point, most tiny frail hollywood princesses with no muscle definition couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:15 AM   #19
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredT View Post
I think South Park pretty much nailed it with their "Strong Woman" character and her PC Principal interaction.

Also, Evil, there are some tiny women who are properly trained that can put down bigger sized opponents, but I concede your point, most tiny frail hollywood princesses with no muscle definition couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.
There was a MMA fight recently where a transgender woman (ie, a man) fought a woman. He basically pummeled her for 2 minutes and broke her eye socket.

I like some of these movies and Luc Besson even has a new one coming out called Anna, but it's still kind of a silly concept.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:17 AM   #20
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
There was a MMA fight recently where a transgender woman (ie, a man) fought a woman. He basically pummeled her for 2 minutes and broke her eye socket.

I like some of these movies and Luc Besson even has a new one coming out called Anna, but it's still kind of a silly concept.
Yup in most reality, just like in some mammalian animals, the male tends to be bigger than the female. However, just like in Nature.. there are exceptions to the rule.

I for one would like to see Serena Williams beat on Woody Allen.

(I just don't like Woody Allen.)

Tags
terminator dark fate