Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Liberals gone wild
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 08:21 PM
4,220 Replies, 713,221 Views
Fade to Silence 'Where...
Last post by brandonjclark
Today 07:26 PM
2 Replies, 162 Views
Mortal Kombat 11 Launch...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 05:58 PM
1 Replies, 143 Views
Remake of Classic FPS...
Last post by Sensei-X
Today 05:55 PM
2 Replies, 144 Views
Saints Row: The Third Ė...
Last post by DingBat
Today 05:16 PM
3 Replies, 282 Views
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by CthulhuFan
Today 04:55 PM
4 Replies, 196 Views
Capcom Home Arcade...
Last post by Inkabodcrane
Today 04:04 PM
9 Replies, 396 Views
New Childís Play...
Last post by Inkabodcrane
Today 04:01 PM
2 Replies, 280 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2019, 07:41 AM   #21
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 34,211
Blog Entries: 20
I have to say that I do like the Kylo Ren character and if it wasn’t for Rian Johnson’s stupid romance shirtless scenes, he would have been the highlight of the new films. I love that JJ Abrams seems to be undoing everything Johnson did. Rey is probably now a Skywalker, Ren is putting his helmet back on and we are getting the Emperor as a villain to replace the stupid death of Snoke.

The entire movie seems to be mostly damage control, which is a shame because it really limits what he can do with the storyline.

As I said in the other thread, I also think that the executives must have seen early versions of the film and they aren’t encouraged because it’s kinda a radical change to suddenly shift from doing a movie per year to just putting the whole franchise on hold and doing TV shows only for streaming.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:44 AM   #22
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 34,211
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
Doesn't bode well for this generation if their legend is a Mary Sue.

It didn't click it was Rey Skywalker until I came here. I was wondering ehich one it was referring to.

Leia is the mother. Gonna be fun to explain that one.
Leia doesnít have to be her mother. Luke could be her father.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:52 AM   #23
NESter the Unlikely
Subscriber
 
NESter the Unlikely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Leia doesnít have to be her mother. Luke could be her father.
Yoda is the father.
NESter the Unlikely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:07 PM   #24
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,597
Episode IX, starring Maury Povich: -------, YOU are the father!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:46 PM   #25
Sensei-X
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I have to say that I do like the Kylo Ren character and if it wasn’t for Rian Johnson’s stupid romance shirtless scenes, he would have been the highlight of the new films. I love that JJ Abrams seems to be undoing everything Johnson did. Rey is probably now a Skywalker, Ren is putting his helmet back on and we are getting the Emperor as a villain to replace the stupid death of Snoke.

The entire movie seems to be mostly damage control, which is a shame because it really limits what he can do with the storyline.

As I said in the other thread, I also think that the executives must have seen early versions of the film and they aren’t encouraged because it’s kinda a radical change to suddenly shift from doing a movie per year to just putting the whole franchise on hold and doing TV shows only for streaming.
Isn't this the way the last trilogy panned out? The Phantom Menace was underwhelming, Attack of the Clones was so bad people to this day seem to try and forget it ever happened and Revenge of the Sith was not great but managed to somewhat repair the damage done by the last two movies by taking you to a familiar place.
Sensei-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:17 PM   #26
Primus
Valar Morghulis
 
Primus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fairfax Ruins
Posts: 2,450
I wonder who taught her to do force aerials over TIE Fighters?

This trilogy is such a disjointed mess. There isn't really an cohesive threat, or arc for that matter. It's incredibly stupid to have no build up to Palatine being in the final movie, if that is in fact what is happening. Seeing Lando didn't make me happy, it made me sad because the hacks running this franchise into the ground basically did everything they could to prevent any sort of reunion for the characters we actually give a fuck about.

When all is said and done this will clearly be the worst trilogy.
__________________
XBL: Primus DCE

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:43 PM   #27
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 34,211
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
I wonder who taught her to do force aerials over TIE Fighters?

This trilogy is such a disjointed mess. There isn't really an cohesive threat, or arc for that matter. It's incredibly stupid to have no build up to Palatine being in the final movie, if that is in fact what is happening. Seeing Lando didn't make me happy, it made me sad because the hacks running this franchise into the ground basically did everything they could to prevent any sort of reunion for the characters we actually give a fuck about.

When all is said and done this will clearly be the worst trilogy.
I was thinking about this yesterday. A lot of what is wrong with the prequel trilogy and the new trilogy is that it lacks the original cast. Those are the characters we cared about and those are the actors we wanted to see.

None of the cast of the prequel trilogy, the new trilogy or the two spin-off movies has been all that interesting. Is there anyone you really want to see more of? Perhaps Jango Fett or Mace Windu, but I can't think of any of the main characters of any out of 8 movies that I care to see more of.

Casting choices is a big part of what killed these movies. The casting choices is also what made the Marvel movies so great.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:52 PM   #28
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
When all is said and done this will clearly be the worst trilogy.
Agreed. However, Jar Jar makes it really, really close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Casting choices is a big part of what killed these movies. The casting choices is also what made the Marvel movies so great.
Very true. They've tried to cover for their poor storyline and bad casting decisions by offering dribs and drabs of original characters, but they've even borked that with a sulky and withdrawn Luke and a Leia Poppins in space.

It's just terrible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:31 PM   #29
Chief Smash
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 3,990
Darth Maul was a pretty cool, if not a really deep character.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:23 PM   #30
vivafletcher
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I have to say that I do like the Kylo Ren character and if it wasnít for Rian Johnsonís stupid romance shirtless scenes, he would have been the highlight of the new films. I love that JJ Abrams seems to be undoing everything Johnson did. Rey is probably now a Skywalker, Ren is putting his helmet back on and we are getting the Emperor as a villain to replace the stupid death of Snoke.

The entire movie seems to be mostly damage control, which is a shame because it really limits what he can do with the storyline.

As I said in the other thread, I also think that the executives must have seen early versions of the film and they arenít encouraged because itís kinda a radical change to suddenly shift from doing a movie per year to just putting the whole franchise on hold and doing TV shows only for streaming.
I think the movie pullback was because of Solo. They know this one will be a hit, but that's the last gimme.

The worst thing they did was let Rian Johnson do whatever he wanted and not give him a story outline to follow. I don't understand how they could not have it sketched out? I respect him for taking chances, but with more of an outline they could have preserved a lot of what has to be undone now.

And I will never understand why they didn't have Leia sacrifice herself at the end instead of Dern's character. Heroic on-screen goodbye, nothing to explain in the next one, Dern could be in the next one as a replacement leader and no reason to have Luke die at the end. It would have been pretty easy to do.

Still better than the prequels. Terrible plots and wooden acting. These new characters are trying, at least.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:23 AM   #31
AlfredT
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,297
Soooo from what I understood of the now non-canon novels..

This is the first type of story arc after the movie story arcs.. where in the novels.. there is a new empire.. bla bla bla.. new sunkiller weapon bla bla bla... Emperor is resurrected..

Hrrm.. JJ, seems you are just slightly revising the story arc of the novels..

Whats next.. the Chiss invasion with the drones, The Vong?

I'll watch the movie, but I can't help but feel that the storyline lacks.. well.. er.. story?
__________________
There are sharks in the water, and your mangina is bleeding heavily.
AlfredT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:26 AM   #32
Chief Smash
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 3,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivafletcher View Post
Still better than the prequels. Terrible plots and wooden acting. These new characters are trying, at least.
To each his own I guess. I feel like the prequels were much better than this new series, especially TLJ.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:53 AM   #33
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,744
I've never been into Star Wars by any stretch, but I thought Star Wars 8 was terrible story wise. The whole way the Rebellion attacked the fleet with the warp jump at the end just made me question just why this wasn't a normal tactic against massive capital ships and whatnot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:00 PM   #34
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 34,211
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
I've never been into Star Wars by any stretch, but I thought Star Wars 8 was terrible story wise. The whole way the Rebellion attacked the fleet with the warp jump at the end just made me question just why this wasn't a normal tactic against massive capital ships and whatnot.
Double that when at the beginning of the movie they lose their entire bombing fleet attacking one capital ship. Instead they could have just used autopilot or some droid to "warp jump" some old ship into it and crack it in half? That's kind of a game changer in terms of strategy.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #35
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,028
The big problem with the new Star Wars movies is their new characters have practically no character. I can't remember any of their lines and have a hard enough time remembering names. Desperation is obvious when the return of Lando and the Emperor is the highlight of the trailer.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:50 PM   #36
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Double that when at the beginning of the movie they lose their entire bombing fleet attacking one capital ship. Instead they could have just used autopilot or some droid to "warp jump" some old ship into it and crack it in half? That's kind of a game changer in terms of strategy.
Yeah, such a capability would seem an obvious move:


Look how many ships it destroys. It would also mean that the fleets -especially if they continued to invest in such large, obviously high-value targets - were much more dispersed. It also means that previous attacks on the Death Star or Death Star-like installations may not even need these wonder shots of smaller vehicles flying in to hit a contextually small object that was critical weakness.

Plus Rey got smoked (starts @ 3:19):
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
star wars episode ix

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:58 PM.