New Child’s Play...
Last post by Inkabodcrane
Today 04:01 PM
2 Replies, 271 Views

Old 03-30-2019, 06:06 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

AMC's NOS4A2 gets a Trailer and Premiere Date

His evil. Her gift. A fight for their souls. Don't miss the series premiere, Sunday, June 2 at 9/8c.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:11 PM   #3
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

That looks pretty good. I thought I was over vampires but I like the idea and I like Quinto; he plays a great villain and pulled AHS off pretty well. The license plate should have added an "R" so it was NOS4RA2. Or an R and an H for "NOS4RAH2" to the name but I guess that wouldn't have worked outside America where they pronounce the "H" wrong ("hay-che"). Idiot foreigners.

Looking forward to a binge on this. I can't do the week-to-week way of watching TV any more. Thanks Netflix for breaking that bullshit model.

Before 24 it worked, for the most part almost everything I watched had complete in themselves episodes with some sort of seasonal story arc, then 24 introduced the shitty episode-to-episode cliffhanger and so many programs jumped on the bandwagon so much so it broke the wagon (LOST!).

Now I just wait till the season is all finished and get the whole thing and watch at my own pace.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 10:27 PM   #4
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

The correct word is NESUFERATU.... "the insufferable one" or "the intolerable one" if you like. Goddamit, the anglicized corruption PISSES ME OFF as a native Romanian speaker. It's not Hungarian, it's not some Slavic language. It's freaking Romanian, a romance language. Phonetically: neh - soo - feh - rah -too. Learn something, please.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:08 PM   #5
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
The correct word is NESUFERATU.... "the insufferable one" or "the intolerable one" if you like. Goddamit, the anglicized corruption PISSES ME OFF as a native Romanian speaker. It's not Hungarian, it's not some Slavic language. It's freaking Romanian, a romance language. Phonetically: neh - soo - feh - rah -too. Learn something, please.
Fuck off gypsy, this way works fine!
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 07:30 AM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I read about half the book, it was really good, but it was really Joe Hill just writing a generic Stephen King novel. He is best when he isn’t trying to emulate his father and is off doing weird stuff like Horns, The Cape or Lock & Key. When he is writing standard King-style horror novels like Heart Shaped Box or NOS42U he is only “good”, but not great.

My favorite novel of his is Horns, that one is brilliant. The Cape and Locke & Key comic books are fracking genius.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:07 AM   #7
TheHulk
Evil Dead

I really liked Heart Shaped Box. Started The Fireman and it was good until about 100 pages in until it turned into generic Stephen King book and haven't read any more. He did a short story called Twittering from the Circus of the Dead that was fantastic. Haven't read Horns or seen the movie. I may try to read this before the series comes out.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:06 AM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

King and Hill did a short story called “In the Tall Grass” that was really killer stuff. Just a fantastic and gruesome story. He has talent in spades for sure. I haven’t read the Fireman or finished NOS42U yet and he has a new anthology of four novellas out, so I’m a little behind.

I went on a kick and I’m almost caught up on King novels. I still need to read Lisey’s Story, Blaze, Duma Key and like four of the books of short stories. I should read those first, I always thought King was best when he was writing the shorter stuff. He’s like Ellison like that.

BeardedSonofNel said I need to do a novel post again and I’ll do that this week, I picked up a bunch of weird shit in the past few months. Most of it pretty good.
Old 03-31-2019, 06:18 PM   #9
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Shouldn't you be mad at the Germans, since it's a German movie? The original movie posters from 1922 have it written as "Nosferatu". Everyone writes it like that because that's how the title has been written for nearly 100 years.

At the end of the day, it's still a blatantly plagiarized version of Dracula, regardless of how you want to pronounce it.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:55 PM   #10
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Fuck off gypsy, this way works fine!
I'm not a gypsy, you cunt! I'm purebred Romanian from Dacian and Roman lineage. No migratory Indians (gypsies) in my ancestry.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:57 PM   #11
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Shouldn't you be mad at the Germans, since it's a German movie? The original movie posters from 1922 have it written as "Nosferatu". Everyone writes it like that because that's how the title has been written for nearly 100 years.
I'm mad at the Germans who corrupted it and everyone who has carried on the corruption in ignorance for 100 years, yes.

Tags
nos4a2