Thronebreaker: The...
Last post by Exodus
Yesterday 11:39 AM
9 Replies, 1,359 Views

Old 09-25-2018, 06:20 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - Final Trailer

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - In Theaters November 16th.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:45 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I didn't make it out to see the first one in the theater and I don't feel like I missed much, but it was decent enough that I'll head out to see this one on the big screen. The timing is good too, we haven't had much to watch at the theater recently and are kinda starved for big-screen entertainment.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:57 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Apparently, according to twitter the fact that Nagini is played by an Asian woman is racist. First you want more people of color in movies, then when they get leading roles it's racist? Liberals really have lost their minds.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:38 AM   #4
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Apparently, according to twitter the fact that Nagini is played by an Asian woman is racist. First you want more people of color in movies, then when they get leading roles it's racist? Liberals really have lost their minds.
What? So minorities can only be casted in "good boy" roles?

That is why I don't give a crap abut twitter. Anyone, even a drooling stupidface can have an opinion. And everyone thinks their pet project or message is important.
NACIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:57 PM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by NACIONAL View Post
What? So minorities can only be casted in "good boy" roles?

That is why I don't give a crap abut twitter. Anyone, even a drooling stupidface can have an opinion. And everyone thinks their pet project or message is important.
Apparently, the issue is that she is eventually enslaved by a *gasp* white person when she eventually permanently becomes a snake.

This is a huge leap to make from a single trailer, because we don't know how/when/why she ends up as Voldemort's familiar and for all we know -- she sides with him by choice. Lots of people did. ie, Snape and Malfoy.

I think people are just looking for an excuse to be offended. It's a children's movie. I don't think the race of the actress is anything that was done on purpose one way or the other. Some casting director just liked her. It's probably no more complex than that.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:35 PM   #6
Terran
Evil Dead

This series is garbage. It's even worse garbage using Eddie "No Eye Contact" Redmayne and Johnny "Bankrupt" Depp. Terrible casting for PokePotter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:04 PM   #7
Skunk
Evil Dead

She's a very attractive model with pretty much zero acting credibility. Honestly, casting her in a B role is both a great idea commercially and a nice boost to her publicity internationally. It's win-win for everyone.

And sure, there's voices out there who have an opinion because reasons.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:45 PM   #8
Primus
Valar Morghulis

The main character of this series is pretty terrible. It felt like he was autistic and it was really hard for me to connect with the story and characters since he was the protagonist. None of the beast felt fantastic, either.

I also think setting it in the US was mistake because she knows fuck all about the US. There was nothing interesting or observant about showing an outside magical culture, just some pretty heavy-handed criticism. This one might be a bit better since it appears to take place in Yurop.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:52 PM   #9
Azzy
Cthulian

I'm going to agree heavily with what Primus just said in the first half of that post but not necessarily for the same reasons.

I tried watching the first movie but had to stop because of the main character and his expressions.
He constantly came off as this guy who was just gobsmacked by wonder and yet was annoying about it because he behaved, and looked, like it was only he who had any idea what was going on and didn't have the time to deal with the ideas or behaviors of others and yet when he spoke or interacted he was so simple and unenviably bereft of likability that I became increasingly uncomfortable the more I saw of him. Like a person who laughs at you because you don't like mayonnaise but has no idea what it's made from or what could replace it (and is probably better because mayo is filthy poison) in any situation.
Probably a fantastic side character or fantastic sidekick, but as a main, like a french fry in mayo, yuck.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:50 AM   #10
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

The first movie was made by the Jacob Kowalski character. He was relatable and likable pretty much the entire time while Newt just wasn't.
Chief Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:04 AM   #11
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Agreed on Jacob Kowalski. He was probably the best thing in the first one. I am still at odds about how I feel about it. I am hoping with this film I will have a better grasp on where these are all going and their tone in the overall universe.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:38 AM   #12
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I always thought they should have cast Collin Farrell as Newt. He is a better actor and would have been more fun to watch for 3 hours and still would have had good chemistry between him and Kowalski.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #13
Lysiander
Squire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Apparently, the issue is that she is eventually enslaved by a *gasp* white person when she eventually permanently becomes a snake.

This is a huge leap to make from a single trailer, because we don't know how/when/why she ends up as Voldemort's familiar and for all we know -- she sides with him by choice. Lots of people did. ie, Snape and Malfoy.
Is this confirmed or conjecture? For all we know, he could have named an actual snake after her.

Casting these days really seems like it's impossible to do right. No matter what you do, some dipshit somewhere will start a shitstorm about it for some imagined slight.
Lysiander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:05 AM   #14
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
This series is garbage. It's even worse garbage using Eddie "No Eye Contact" Redmayne and Johnny "Bankrupt" Depp. Terrible casting for PokePotter.
Mmmhmm! Tell it!

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:34 PM   #15
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Mmmhmm! Tell it!
lol. I pity your family that you're aware of something as nonsensical as that.

Harry Potter doesn't need the devil to be a pile of shit. It's a pile of shit all on its own merit, and PokePotter is just a worse smelling pile of FecalPotter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crimes of grindelwald, fantastic beasts